User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
dieselJoel OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Question Wtb ads?

I've been lurking off and on for awhile now. I recently got a account and was wondering, what about want to buy ads, are they allowed? Where would I put one?

Maybe I should pm a mod, but I do believe this section should address these questions with out pestering too much

Gotta get a better bike to actually ride so I maybe I can be more active here

Ps.I read the rules and also searched using Google method. I couldn't really find anything other than a probable no on putting one in the flea market according to its rules.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Baldy
Site Owner

Oddometer: 9,171
Hey DieselJoel,

Welcome to the asylum! Unfortunately, we don't take ads at the moment. It's just been a labor of love for me and we get some donations to keep the servers running.

Thanks,
Baldy
Old 06-06-2015, 09:47 PM   #3
dieselJoel OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
Hey DieselJoel,

Welcome to the asylum! Unfortunately, we don't take ads at the moment. It's just been a labor of love for me and we get some donations to keep the servers running.

Thanks,
Baldy
Ok, thanks I thought so. I've been looking hard and wide but what I want is hard to find locally. Thanks for every thing
Old 06-06-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
HardWorkingDog
Harvey Mushman

Oddometer: 1,778
I'm...confused.

Do you mean, where do you post a Want To Buy thread? Try the Flea Market. Just put WTB in the title, it's worked well for many inmates.

Maybe things got confuzzled by calling it an "ad." I think Mr. Baldy, umm, Sir, thought you meant you wanted to buy advertising space on this fine forum.

But I'm guessing you just wanted a place to say "I'm looking for a '52 Vincent Black Lightning in the Cleveland area," or something along those lines which is what the Flea Market is for.

But what do I know.

Next Trip: Divide & Conquer...

"it's a dog's life.............and I love it"
HardWorkingDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:22 PM   #5
dieselJoel OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
I'm...confused.

Do you mean, where do you post a Want To Buy thread? Try the Flea Market. Just put WTB in the title, it's worked well for many inmates.

Maybe things got confuzzled by calling it an "ad." I think Mr. Baldy, umm, Sir, thought you meant you wanted to buy advertising space on this fine forum.

But I'm guessing you just wanted a place to say "I'm looking for a '52 Vincent Black Lightning in the Cleveland area," or something along those lines which is what the Flea Market is for.

But what do I know.
Yes, I'm sorry thread would have been better to say. I'm just wanting a to buy a motorcycle ie: ktm 525/520/530 within xxx distance from me in va for $xxxx budgeted. I don't know if that clears any possible confusion on that.

I wish I was wanting to advertising something because then I'd be in a better paying job but I'll never be in a position to try and market anything
Old 06-07-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 34,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselJoel View Post
Yes, I'm sorry thread would have been better to say. I'm just wanting a to buy a motorcycle ie: ktm 525/520/530 within xxx distance from me in va for $xxxx budgeted. I don't know if that clears any possible confusion on that.

I wish I was wanting to advertising something because then I'd be in a better paying job but I'll never be in a position to try and market anything
That is exactly how it works.

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: