Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #1
smrchief OP
chief

Oddometer: 59
Austin MotoGP Info...

Hey there Texas!
I am planning on heading down to the 2015 MotoGP races in Austin!
If anybody has any recommendations regarding seating, associated events and whether the Paddock Pass is worth the extra $...please advise.
Any race related comments are welcome.
Thanks!
Old 12-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,761
If you do not mind walking a bit, general admission is a sweet deal. Lodging gets expensive for that event. Book early. Also, make a trip south of Austin about 30 minutes to Driftwood, Texas for BBQ at the Salt Lick BBQ. Or wait in line for 2 hours at Franklins BBQ in Austin, my vote goes to Salt Lick. Classic Texas BBQ in a cool setting. BYOB and Cash only.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
HoodZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Going

Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
If you do not mind walking a bit, general admission is a sweet deal. Lodging gets expensive for that event. Book early. Also, make a trip south of Austin about 30 minutes to Driftwood, Texas for BBQ at the Salt Lick BBQ. Or wait in line for 2 hours at Franklins BBQ in Austin, my vote goes to Salt Lick. Classic Texas BBQ in a cool setting. BYOB and Cash only.
I am planning on going to motoGP as well with some buddy's. Looking forward to some of the advice people have.
As far as Austin goes my I in-laws live there and have been going for the last 13 years. For BBQ I dig Iron Works located downtown, no driving no waiting. Don't get me wrong the Salt Lick is worth the trip.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:18 PM   #4
10/10ths
Road Trip Fool

Oddometer: 937
No...No...No......

Hop on the toll road to Lockhart for Black's BBQ. Best ribs on the planet. Twenty minutes south of the track.

2004 Honda RC51

2011 Suzuki GSX1250FA replaced my '04 Wee 2-14
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #5
JasonH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
This thread took a detour. I'll watch this thread too. I think I'll ride down this year and check it out. I'll probably go down by myself as I can't think of any of my friends that would want to go. I'm going to try to go to the Hand Built Motorcycle Show too. I have friends that live there so I should be able to find a place to crash.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:17 PM   #6
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,909
If you're going solo and have the time to spare, consider applying to volunteer as a track worker.

Free meals, VIP access to all kinds of stuff, track walk, free camping, etc.

I did it at the Indy MotoGP last year flagging on turn 7. Fun stuff.

Here's a link to my RR which describes some of the details: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=999396
-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
ERD
Custom Rider

Oddometer: 347
I'm taking my son to watch the Saturday qualifying. If anyone has bought the three day ticket package and not going to the qualifying on Saturday, I'll take the tix off your hands!
ERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #8
tawniwhitt
Love Sailing ;)

Oddometer: 5
VIP RV spot and Turn 15 tickets !!!!!

We love love love this event and this track.

OK FOLKS I have a cool deal for anyone interested in going to Red Bull Grand Prix of Americas which includes MotoGP in Austin at Circuits of America. The dates are April 10-12, 2015. Superbike was added recently.

We have a VIP RV spot there, the ONLY way to obtain these tickets is to have a VIP RV spot, which runs 15,000 for the year, or 3,500 for this event. You can not buy these tickets any other way!!!! They are upper area turn 15 seats, the face value is 190 each ticket without the VIP area access (we don't get the actual tickets until next month) Best Views on the track with 80% visibility of entire track from T15 and large screen video in front of you. Access to all PSL amenities. Immediately adjacent to open paddock area. Full seats with armrest and drink holders.

These tickets allow you to enter in and out of the RV area (we are the 4th spot from the VIP entrance gate) This will allow you to leave a cooler at our RV :) you can also bring a chair and watch part of the race from there, we love it, the spots are on the straight away, where the bikes are going the fastest....... This is a rare opportunity.... I will take 190 a ticket, I have 12 (now 4) available.... If by chance you are interested in a RV spot, I have one available, its 600.00 for the weekend plus tickets.....

http://austin.craigslist.org/tix/4876802825.html
Attached Images

tawniwhitt screwed with this post Yesterday at 01:05 PM Reason: adding pic
tawniwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #9
tfitch03
Turkey

Oddometer: 150
We camped across the street and got general admission tickets. They are cheaper and you get to walk around and experience many different sections of track.
tfitch03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #10
tawniwhitt
Love Sailing ;)

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfitch03 View Post
We camped across the street and got general admission tickets. They are cheaper and you get to walk around and experience many different sections of track.
Yes there is even dry camping there for less money, its about the experience :) our tickets allow access to all areas of the track, but have assigned seating in the upper turn 15 area, the VIP RV area is on the straight away, you do not have access to this area at all without one of these tickets. Plus the COTA does not allow you to bring in anything but a couple closed water bottles, at the VIP RV area you can have your own cooler :) and we grill out and have made many friends going this route. It all depends on what you are looking for :) To each his own right
tawniwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:26 AM   #11
Supahflid
Wheelieless

Oddometer: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
I went to the first GP race a couple of years ago and had tickets for the stands at the end of the straightaway. Pretty good view, but I realized, after we got there and I did some walking around, GA would have been just fine!

Oh, and the Salt Lick is AWESOME!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote