Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #346
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
Registered my dad and I for the Harvest Classic in a couple weeks. Anyone else going?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #347
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Oddometer: 4,186

Valley Passes Lane Restrictions

"A warning to that expressway driver traveling 55 mph: Stay out of the left-hand lane. Same goes for you, trucks."

Here's hoping it's enforced. Not holding my breadth, it's not uncommon for me to see a cop being left lane lounge lizard, with faster traffic forced to pass on the right.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #348
GT-STMC
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Want to wish all my deep south Texas riding friends a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season if different. Hope to see you at the shop soon, looks like in February we'll be doubling in size again

2001 KTM 640 Adventure, 1997 Kawasaki Ninja (converted to "street fighter" form)
"Sex....., Money......, Horsepower......, too much is never enough"

2004 Mustang Mach1, 1970 Mustang Mach1
GT-STMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #349
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Merry Christmas guys! I have been north of Laredo in the Eagle Ford field for the last year but would love to get back to Reynosa and Progreso for the holidays. Maybe we'll run across each other.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:36 AM   #350
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Hey Pirate.

It would be great to get together when you make it back down here.

Pilot815 and I were thinking about you on Saturday. He tagged along with me on a Tequila run to Progreso to grab a bottle for a party that night. We had lunch at Angels, here's a pic. We 'shoulda taken a picture of your favorite bar.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:19 PM   #351
RW66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Marry Christmas and Happy new year

Just want to take a min and wish my friends in the RGV the most Happy Holidays!!!!!
Hope your Christmas was Marry and you were able to be with loved ones.....and I'm wishing each a successful New Year.
Stop by if you are ever in the Zacatecas area..
RW66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #352
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Happy holidays!!!!

Took me awhile to figure out who this RW66 inmate was.

I got Cory's bike nice and safe in the garage while he is in Arizona.

Have not been doing any riding, the 24K service i'm doing on the GS is coming along slowly. I'm in the learning phase. Hit a road bump, removing the secondary plugs requires a very thin socket but I might be able to source one tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:54 PM   #353
RW66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 246
Hi W B

Thanks for all your help
I took the KLR on the first trip since the last tec day at your place. I went to Guadalajara last Sat and came back on Mon....it was real nice.....I really enjoyed the ride.....I'm taking the Tiger this weekend to Morelia, Urupan and Jiquilpan then back home.....sure do wish you would be able to come down and ride with me some time.....
Ride safe.......good luck with the service on the GS.
RW66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #354
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

So after being ignored for so long after adding the GS (La Buenota) to the stable, I decided to roll La Blondie out of the garage. It has a plugged tire but what the heck, everybody rides on plugged tires.

107 Cafe was full with no tables to be had so I booked it to Closner and stopped at Nancy's; first time there.

Had Choriso and egg...mmmm. It felt good to be on the Viffer.

La Blondie is so sweet I was again thinking that I could not possibly sell her, never mind that I don't take her out much. It is so smooth I had to rev it at the traffic lights to confirm it was on. Was feeling good until....

Got to enjoy the flowers by the roadside...

...until my nephew showed up to rescue me. I'm such a dumbass, no tire repair kit with me.

Sitting by the side of the road renewed my faith in humanity. Hordes of Harleys and a few cages stopped to ask if I was ok. One of the guys that stopped was Mark Lacy, a friend from work, who traded his Harley for a sweet K1600GTL.

I really do need to take her out more often, need to blow the cobwebs out of the FI system. It died on me down the street from my house, rolled her back home but after hitting the starter a few times it came to life.

WeazyBuddha screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 12:18 PM
WeazyBuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #355
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,433
True adventure!

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
Old 03-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #356
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

So breakfast was great but 'kinda weird to do a RTE and only I rode.

After breakfast I rode up through Hargil where I saw this low miles goat for sale...

Fernando's was very good but I do need to go back to try the corn tortillas that are supposedly so good. You guys do need to cough up the name of the waitress in yellow so I can address her properly by name.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #357
mar7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeazyBuddha View Post
So breakfast was great but 'kinda weird to do a RTE and only I rode.

After breakfast I rode up through Hargil where I saw this low miles goat for sale...

Fernando's was very good but I do need to go back to try the corn tortillas that are supposedly so good. You guys do need to cough up the name of the waitress in yellow so I can address her properly by name.
Funny pic... Enjoyed the company and her name is Belem. She's the owner's daughter/manager and very nice as I'm sure you noticed!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #358
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakkawakid View Post
Was there close by with my family on vacation in our rav 4 suv this past week the whole time wishing I was riding my bike especially south of luxenbach driving to boerne, great moto riding roads, hey any you guys have a similar bike to mine klx400 sr that would be willing to trailer to the hill country someday with me and to some offroading ?

Capt Spaulding (Jim) and I did some dual sporting in the Hill Country with the KLRs once. We enjoyed it so much we were all excited about doing it again. Well, it's been several years and we have yet to do it again.

I have a KDX but you really need a plated bike, I think. I keep threatening to dual sport it but I never do.

Now I'm thinking of perhaps selling it and picking up a WR250R or perhaps even a KTM 690R.

We should do a breakfast RTE in Mercedes to BS about bikes and kayaks. I'm going to buy a sit-on-top kayak one of these days.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #359
WeazyBuddha OP
Carbon-Based Humanoid

It was great seeing you guys today although it was even better seeing that young hot thing walk by us.

Definitely need to do breakfast at Alicia's again.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #360
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,457
Well, let's see.......

Just returned from another great Mexico ride only to be confronted by a four day weekend. What to do....

Got a late start and was rewarded with a long line crossing the Border and massive traffic through Monterrey. But I made it in time for a nice meal and the good company of RW66. All-in-all a good day.

Monterrey was exceptionally clear so I stopped for a pic of Saddleback Mountain.

Then up a bit into the cool damp mountain jungle to Cola de Caballo where there is the highest bungee jump in all of Mexico. Shame I had to miss out.

The bungee jump station

After breakfast we will see the famous falls then enjoy a nice DS ride through the mountains.

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is online now   Reply With Quote