Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #151
frostbitevinnie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
I can see green perfect in full overhead sun and all other directions.
frostbitevinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:33 PM   #152
jgiacobbe
Skid plate tester

Oddometer: 2,032
Are the panel mount version, waterproof or water resistant too?
jgiacobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:06 PM   #153
GroceryRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72

Quote:
Accuracy for the panel mount voltmeter is 1% of full scale or .3v.

Is the accuracy for the Waterproof Digital Voltmeter .01% or is that a typo ?
GroceryRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #154
squizzy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 361
Received mine today for the BMW 1100R. Will mount it over the ABS lights which no longer are used as the ABS was removed when a chair was fitted. All good. Many thanks. Ian
Old 07-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #155
quattroman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Just ordered mine. After having the stator fried last weekend while on the road it is a little piece of mind for $25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
...it's not how long you last that counts, but how much 'living' you manage to cram into life before the inevitable.
quattroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #156
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,826
I cannot speak for the voltmeter, but the temp sensor appears to be less than waterproof.
1992 TDM850 - "Ginger" & 1993 TDM850 - "Raven"
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #157
wingnut11
generally strange

Oddometer: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
I cannot speak for the voltmeter, but the temp sensor appears to be less than waterproof.
I can say that about the voltmeter. It was on the bike for two days and an overnight rain turned it into a device that counts seconds.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #158
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut11 View Post
I can say that about the voltmeter. It was on the bike for two days and an overnight rain turned it into a device that counts seconds.
The voltmeter and temp gauge are built in the same housing. Please send me an email (sandjoh@gmail.com) with a picture of the unit with wacky display, would be happy to warranty. We made some significant improvement to the waterproofness of the panel mount meters.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:37 AM   #159
XRman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,527
wiring advice

i am considering installing one of these onto a DRZ400E.

If I connect it straight to the battery terminals ( non switched) then it will be constantly powered and potentialy flatten the battery (easy to do anyway)

What about hooking it to the horn curcuit ( switched) ?
Any other ideas?

Suzuki DRZ400 wide ratio ACT gearbox
Suzuki DL650 Glee
XRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #160
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRman View Post
If I connect it straight to the battery terminals ( non switched) then it will be constantly powered and potentialy flatten the battery (easy to do anyway)
Incorrect

This is a three wire voltmeter. It can be hooked directly to the source to be measured (your battery in this instance) and the third wire to a switched circuit (your tail light for example). The meter would come on with your tail light and read the voltage directly from the battery. No electrical draw when off
Old 08-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #161
ridemtra
single track

Oddometer: 7
voltmeter blank

voltmeter was bright and easy to read until display went blank???
ridemtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:37 AM   #162
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemtra View Post
voltmeter was bright and easy to read until display went blank???
Did the power wire get disconnected?

Please contact me at sandjoh@gmail.com for additional troubleshooting as needed.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:22 PM   #163
wingnut11
generally strange

Oddometer: 667
Well I got the replacement that was sent out. I have installed it and it rained today. As of now it is still working. Props to Sanjoh on the customer service. I originally ordered it back in May (I think) before a trip. I put it in about 4 days before my departure date and two days later it rained and the display went all wonky where it just counted seconds 00-59 on the right side of the display and nothing on the left side. At that point I was a little miffed, but thought there is no time to deal with it so close to departure and I just stopped worrying about it. It stayed on like that the whole trip.

Almost a month later I get home and the display still lit up counting seconds and I think maybe now is the time to deal that. Of course that idea slipped into the background as I got caught up on work and getting back into the normal world. Then a week or so after getting back I went out to the bike after a rain and the display didn't work at all. So I was pretty much done with this thing. Then a couple weeks ago I posted in this thread in response to a comment by someone else. He told me to send him some info and another voltmeter showed up on my doorstep. So while I may not trust the voltmeter 100% yet Sanjoh did what he could to take care of his customer.

As a side note it is always good to fuse things. When the display stopped altogether water must have got in there and shorted it out and blew the fuse. I only found that out last weekend when I went under the seat to plug a cable in an outlet. I replaced the fuse and the display lit up again. It still only counts seconds though. If Sanjoh would like to have it back to analyse the cause of failure he can let me know and I'll send it his way.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:04 AM   #164
ridemtra
single track

Oddometer: 7
battery supply,switched 12v and ground are good wires appear to be intact at unit
ridemtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #165
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut11 View Post
Well I got the replacement that was sent out. I have installed it and it rained today. As of now it is still working. Props to Sanjoh on the customer service. I originally ordered it back in May (I think) before a trip. I put it in about 4 days before my departure date and two days later it rained and the display went all wonky where it just counted seconds 00-59 on the right side of the display and nothing on the left side. At that point I was a little miffed, but thought there is no time to deal with it so close to departure and I just stopped worrying about it. It stayed on like that the whole trip.

Almost a month later I get home and the display still lit up counting seconds and I think maybe now is the time to deal that. Of course that idea slipped into the background as I got caught up on work and getting back into the normal world. Then a week or so after getting back I went out to the bike after a rain and the display didn't work at all. So I was pretty much done with this thing. Then a couple weeks ago I posted in this thread in response to a comment by someone else. He told me to send him some info and another voltmeter showed up on my doorstep. So while I may not trust the voltmeter 100% yet Sanjoh did what he could to take care of his customer.

As a side note it is always good to fuse things. When the display stopped altogether water must have got in there and shorted it out and blew the fuse. I only found that out last weekend when I went under the seat to plug a cable in an outlet. I replaced the fuse and the display lit up again. It still only counts seconds though. If Sanjoh would like to have it back to analyse the cause of failure he can let me know and I'll send it his way.
Great to hear the new voltmeter withstood it's first rain

Email sent for return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridemtra View Post
battery supply,switched 12v and ground are good wires appear to be intact at unit
Email sent