ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #1921
Rode2Nowhere
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Would anyone have a place available for me park a sedan and a small trailer. Preferrably near Leeds and the Thousand Islands area, or near the start of the ride?
Chuck is in Lowville, and a generous chap.
Quote:
Also if anyone has been able to convert the tracks Ted provided to a route that can be easily loaded into my 60CSX, and would not mind sending me the file, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm a technological Dunce. ..In fact, I hope I can get that into my GyPSy.
All converting it to a "route" will get you is turn-by-turn directions, which may be worth the effort to ya. The track works great; just gotta watch the screen and keep the arrow (you) on the the colored line (route).
IBA #45896
Adirondack Tags
Rode2Nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #1922
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
Quote:
Would anyone have a place available for me park a sedan and a small trailer. Preferrably near Leeds and the Thousand Islands area, or near the start of the ride?
Would anyone have a place available for me to park a truck and a large trailer

Quote:
Also if anyone has been able to convert the tracks Ted provided to a route that can be easily loaded into my 60CSX, and would not mind sending me the file, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm a technological Dunce. ..In fact, I hope I can get that into my GyPSy.
No need to convert the tracks. They will work perfectly on your 60CSX. Just load them and go!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #1923
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rode2Nowhere View Post
Chuck is in Lowville, and a generous chap.
All converting it to a "route" will get you is turn-by-turn directions, which may be worth the effort to ya. The track works great; just gotta watch the screen and keep the arrow (you) on the the colored line (route).
Thanks guys, I may give Chuck a holler, if no one has anywhere closer to the start/ end of the route. I just know by sunday, I'm going to want to get off that tourture device KTM calls a seat, ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_ View Post

When are you planning to leave? Carpool maybe?

No need to convert the tracks. They will work perfectly on your 60CSX. Just load them and go!
Except when I open the file, all I get is the text, not a typical gpx file... I'm sure that is due to my technological ineptitude though.
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #1924
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,953
Quote:

I am about 15 minutes north of Ogdensburg, NY border, if that helps you out.
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #1925
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelvis_98 View Post
I am about 15 minutes north of Ogdensburg, NY border, if that helps you out.
It might, thanks!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #1926
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
awm is a literary giant. he just plays like he isn't on the internets. have you red some of his storys? i want the signed copy #1 when he publishes.

his speeling and grammer is legendary. he kommands the englesh langwage like no one els kan.

I pretty much mosh threw life.

And,spell checks for pussys!

RIDE!I wanta ,,,freak'n,RIDE!

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #1927
pelvis_98
Havin A Time

Oddometer: 1,953
Quote:
It might, thanks!

Shoot me a PM if you need the parking spot.
pelvis_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #1928
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
New Eureka Solitaire instead of the 2 person tent I have been using for years was enough to get everything I wanted into the 1 drybag. now the fancy military saddle bags only carry some cloths and light weight food stuff. Tonight I will see what else I can get rid of.

I bought this one for the trip.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #1929
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
I bought this one for the trip.

planning on company?
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #1930
tunp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
I have a solitude tent as above on the cheap if anybody wants one, I personally found it to be to small.
50.00 shipped and its yours.
I am so looking forward to this ride
tunp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:48 AM   #1931
R_Lefebvre
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunp View Post
I have a solitude tent as above on the cheap if anybody wants one, I personally found it to be to small.
50.00 shipped and its yours.
I am so looking forward to this ride
Yeah, I've got a 2 man tent, which is really like 1.5 man. It's just big enough for 1 person with a little extra room to move. 1-man tents are crazy small.
R_Lefebvre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:53 AM   #1932
skypilot
I Roam therefor I am

Oddometer: 691
I always use a 2 man for traveling one up just so there is room for the boots, clothing sack... I am trying to reduce the load for off road and this was about 4 by 4 by 18 inches worth of space savings over the 2 man.There is a bivvy tent at EMS that is a little smaller but it is almost $300 and this was on sale for $69 at Cabelas. Means I can crunch most of my stuff in one dry bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Lefebvre View Post
Yeah, I've got a 2 man tent, which is really like 1.5 man. It's just big enough for 1 person with a little extra room to move. 1-man tents are crazy small.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #1933
skypilot
I Roam therefor I am

Oddometer: 691
OK, my plans are sorted.

I am driving up Wed and have booked a site for Wed, Thursday and Sunday nights at Desert Lake. I have also made arrangements to leave the Jeep and trailer parked at Desert Lake while on the ride. They have a very reasonable parking fee of $5 a day and evidently have loads of non camp site space available. This was an equitable arangement for them as they are making rent without sacreficing a priemium camp site on Friday and Saturday and for me as I return to the camp and take my time packing up for the well rested drive home on Monday.I may even take in some sites Sunday night if I am not in need of too much pain killer.

I can take one more bike on the trailer and have enough room in the jeep for its rider.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #1934
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,276
Quote:
OK, my plans are sorted.

I am driving up Wed and have booked a site for Wed, Thursday and Sunday nights at Desert Lake. I have also made arrangements to leave the Jeep and trailer parked at Desert Lake while on the ride. They have a very reasonable parking fee of $5 a day and evidently have loads of non camp site space available. This was an equitable arangement for them as they are making rent without sacreficing a priemium camp site on Friday and Saturday and for me as I return to the camp and take my time packing up for the well rested drive home on Monday.I may even take in some sites Sunday night if I am not in need of too much pain killer.

I can take one more bike on the trailer and have enough room in the jeep for its rider.

I have been tenatively planning to head up on Wednesday too. Where are you heading out from? I may be interested in carpooling to save a few bucks on travel expenses.
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #1935
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
I will call you tonight...

Quote:
OK, my plans are sorted.

Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote