ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #1216
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
can someone put the link to the campsite? for friday
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #1217
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,200
I would advise folks to book as a group. 4 people is $54 or if you book by yourself its $32 for one person. I wouldnt count on just showing up without a reservation as its a weekend and is likely to be full

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #1218
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyunknown View Post
can someone put the link to the campsite? for friday
NO!

Its in the pdf file that you get once you've registered for the rally

Old 03-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #1219
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
i've got a tent site reserved. more than likely there'll be room for another tent - if anyone wants to split the cost great. this isn't a cheap campground, $32/night!

I ll split it with you tight wad
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #1220
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
I would advise folks to book as a group. 4 people is $54 or if you book by yourself its $32 for one person. I wouldnt count on just showing up without a reservation as its a weekend and is likely to be full
Oops I didn't read that and already booked

I'll probably cancel my reservation and try to book a 4 spot. ini88 will probably want one of those spots so let me know if any two others want to split costs.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #1221
Xmoto
Death Race

Oddometer: 2,107
Does the camp ground for Friday know we are coming. Will they try to group us together if we mention the roaming ralley.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #1222
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,323
I was thinking of reserving a cabin at the campsite Friday simply because 1. The tent sites ain't cheap. 2. If it's going to be a long day Saturday -- and I'm a smell the roses type -- it saves considerable time breaking down and packing camping gear. I fart sometimes and snore. Anyone wanna split the cost of a cabin? People who are hard of hearing with a poor sense of smell appreciated

Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E, DR 650 and KLR650: http://www.moto-racks.com

Canuman screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 04:33 PM
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1223
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,557
The campground says the tent sites are limited to 12 people per site, nothing about tents.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #1224
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
Does the camp ground for Friday know we are coming. Will they try to group us together if we mention the roaming ralley.
No they don't know. When approached for a group rate we would have had to of paid in advance, not something we're capable of nor did we want to get involved in that aspect. It's not a huge place so it shouldn't be an issue, there will be a "common" site with a fire for folks to mingle at over a beer

Old 03-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #1225
Z50R
Not lost yet

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpididump View Post
A PayPal account isn't required. Just go to paypal.com, click the button to 'send money' and you just enter the recipient's email + your email, the amount, etc, and you can just have it charged on your Visa/MasterCard. There is a processing fee of $1.50, I think.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk
I tried that, they pretend that you can make a payment but it turns into you signing up for a paypal account. I figured I'd sign up for an account, pay, then close the account but they wanted all kinds of access and permissions with my money that I won't give them so I closed the account before it went anywhere. Any other ideas?
Z50R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #1226
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,201
Email money transfer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z50R View Post
I tried that, they pretend that you can make a payment but it turns into you signing up for a paypal account. I figured I'd sign up for an account, pay, then close the account but they wanted all kinds of access and permissions with my money that I won't give them so I closed the account before it went anywhere. Any other ideas?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #1227
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by ba_ View Post
Oops I didn't read that and already booked

I'll probably cancel my reservation and try to book a 4 spot. ini88 will probably want one of those spots so let me know if any two others want to split costs.
Looks like I can't really cancel until April 1
Old 03-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #1228
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 22,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z50R View Post

give the money to someone you know with a pypal account and have them pay pal it
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #1229
BostonGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 278
Payment sent for registration. I'll look into the campsite reservations this weekend. Would it be possible/reasonable for you guys to post a "campsite reservations" table on the front page, so that people can hook up with each other to fill 4 person reservation sites. I was thinking of a table similar to what you have with columns for the handle of the rider with the reservation, site, total spots, and spots available. It would make it much easier to coordinate with others.
BostonGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #1230
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,323
Screwtilities for GPX files

Because of the various standards for GPS files, the track files provided by our hosts may not work seamlessly with your system. If you have a GPS that doesn't support imported tracks or routes, you are fairly much screwed. Most of the Tom-Tom line won't work for this sort of trip, for example.

However, if your system will import, here's a couple of utilities that are free and very valuable:

GPSBabel. Freeware. Translates a wide variety of formats, and will translate tracks to routes. The documentation is sketchy, and the interface is bare bones, but it works. www.gpsbabel.org

GPX editor. This is nicely powerful, and good for fly-overs, as it supports both Google Maps and Google Earth. It has a fairly broad selection of tools for manipulating files, combining them, or deleting unwanted sections. Free on CNET here as a tiny download: http://download.cnet.com/GPX-Editor/...-10913774.html. This program has particularly good filters for reducing the number of points on a route. The documentation is thin, and some of the selection boxes appear in French, giving it a nice international flavor.

Another good one is available free from Trail Tech, which is meant as support software for their Voyager series of moto dashboards. It can be found here: http://trailtech.net/ride_leader.html. I have a bike equipped with a Voyager, and it's a good value in a moto-specific dashboard. I also have a mount for my DeLorme GPS. The Voyager would get you through, but it is limited in capability. It's a good value for the dollar, as are most of their products.

Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E, DR 650 and KLR650: http://www.moto-racks.com

Canuman screwed with this post 03-09-2012 at 05:08 PM
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote