ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #1231
ba_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,497
MacGPX works really well on the Mac
http://www.javawa.nl/macgpx_en.html
Old 03-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #1232
rudyunknown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 707
I can pay for u, u can give me the money when u see me at the rally
Rudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z50R View Post
I tried that, they pretend that you can make a payment but it turns into you signing up for a paypal account. I figured I'd sign up for an account, pay, then close the account but they wanted all kinds of access and permissions with my money that I won't give them so I closed the account before it went anywhere. Any other ideas?
Vstrom 1000 For everything else

rudyunknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #1233
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,546
I'm paid up for the registration and looking forward to making some Friday night camp plans.. Do any of my CT/RI area people want to share a campsite???

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #1234
Capt. REDBEARD
TWECO

Oddometer: 1,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
I'm paid up for the registration and looking forward to making some Friday night camp plans.. Do any of my CT/RI area people want to share a campsite???

i do.

if the ocean were whiskey and I were a duck - I'd swim to the bottom and never come up
Capt. REDBEARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 AM   #1235
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,314
Only problem, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the KOA provides a campsite # when you go threw the booking process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGS View Post
Payment sent for registration. I'll look into the campsite reservations this weekend. Would it be possible/reasonable for you guys to post a "campsite reservations" table on the front page, so that people can hook up with each other to fill 4 person reservation sites. I was thinking of a table similar to what you have with columns for the handle of the rider with the reservation, site, total spots, and spots available. It would make it much easier to coordinate with others.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #1236
RhodeHazard
ex halligan hooligan

Oddometer: 649
yep...

Quote:
RhodeHazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #1237
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 722
Quote:
Me 2.
I'm going to reserve a campsite now. In my experience, they really pack them in up there in "cottage country" on the weekends.

http://www.LapelPinPlanet.com
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #1238
BostonGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Only problem, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the KOA provides a campsite # when you go threw the booking process.

You are probably correct, but what I meant was the camp ground name not the campsite (which correlates with night 1, night 2, etc.)

This is what I had in mind (in table format):

Handle: BostonGS
Site: Desert Lake Resort
Reservation: 4
Available: 2

Now that I think about it, you could just group them by site or night. This lets other riders know that if they need a place for night 1 (Desert Lake Campground) they can PM me and we can arrange for them to camp at my site, rather then booking another 4 spot or flooding this thread with "anyone have a spot for me" or "I've got a an extra spot at..." posts.

What if I say: "Pretty please"? I have another question: I noticed that there are several "updated" rosters in various posts...is the roster on the first page being updated or do I have to scroll through and find the latest one?

BostonGS screwed with this post 03-10-2012 at 08:08 AM
BostonGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #1239
BostonGS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
You are probably correct, but what I meant was the camp ground name not the campsite (which correlates with night 1, night 2, etc.)

Now that I think about it, you could just group them by site or night. This lets other riders know that if they need a place for night 1 (Desert Lake Campground) they can PM me and we can arrange for them to camp at my site, rather then booking another 4 spot or flooding this thread with "anyone have a spot for me" or "I've got a an extra spot at..." posts.

What if I say: "Pretty please"?
FYI, the above was just an example, I don't have reservations yet. That said, as soon as I make them I'd like to let others know that I will have space available.
BostonGS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #1240
skypilot
I Roam therefor I am

Oddometer: 691
I will pay up for a portion of that camp site. Also we should talk about that 350. I have a son that wants to learn and I spent a few months getting real familiar with a cb350 in AU. I dont need another project but after fixing it the care would be on him!
Chris from Canton CT

Quote:
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:18 AM   #1241
skypilot
I Roam therefor I am

Every one knows Canadians dont shoot people! you cant fool us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Mounties have guns?
Old 03-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #1242
skypilot
I Roam therefor I am

Boy you Canadian types are costly :-) paid, sent done.

[QUOTE=Deadly99;18166219]To complete the registration process please ensure you are on the list Juames upkeeps, aka make sure you have already signed up.

Then please click here to complete the registration process (send funds, etc).
Old 03-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #1243
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Every one knows Canadians dont shoot people! you cant fool us.
They use legal, humane shotguns rather than pistols.
hONORARY mEMBER fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA (pROVISIONAL wING)
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:37 PM   #1244
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
I have another question: I noticed that there are several "updated" rosters in various posts...is the roster on the first page being updated or do I have to scroll through and find the latest one?
The updated list will be on the first page at post #11, and I will post up occasionaly as the thread continues.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #1245
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,564
Only the Friday night requires a reservation, in fact please don't call the other two campgrounds (at the request of the owners). From experience, show up, pay and camp with whoever you rode with.

There's always a "party" site so it doesn't really matter where your tent is as you won't be lingering in the mornings, well not if you plan on following the "suggested route". Better to get a move on early in the mornings and have time in the evening to socialize in my opinion.

110 bikes is going to be a gong show in a few places. Getting fuel in a small town that has one pump for example. The deep and very long water crossing on Friday is another

Also society has deemed drinking beer in the morning as taboo so the sooner you get to the campsite the better, well for me anyways. Don't take it personally if I roost you as I pass you, it's not intentional, I am simply racing to the beer

Sometimes less organization is better, not always but sometimes

Just some random thoughts

Quote:

What if I say: "Pretty please"? I have another question: I noticed that there are several "updated" rosters in various posts...is the roster on the first page being updated or do I have to scroll through and find the latest one?

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote