Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #241
rinho
Rinho Féroce

Oddometer: 1,038
In my case, I will bring a Rotopax, mount on the panier rack... range extension 100Km or so
(I guess 2 rotopax is too much )
Old 01-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #242
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoader View Post
How big is your tank, ...you may not need to change it, there were days when we were hard pressed to sqeeze two gallons into the tank of a stock KLR. A great deal of the riding is technical and 50mph was a max speed.

the stock tank is 12L reserve at 10L giving me 175 to 220km depending on how much of a moron i'm being. most times 190 to 200 per tank at reserve. the additional tank will give me 200km more...

on the 690 you add a tank to the bike and add an adapter plate to the fuel pump housing for it.... at the same time change the fuel filter which is inside the fuel tank. I've read people having issues with kinking the lines in this operation and creating an intermitent night mare.

the fuel cap is designed as a funnel for dirt, therefore there is a after market design that is more like we all know....
shipwrek12001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #243
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwrek12001 View Post
if we are talking about what we have to do on the bikes...
I have to...

install the larger tank
change the fuel filter.
change the fuel cap.
put on the heat grips
general maintenance.
change out the front tire.
get and install a starter relay.
being an efi just changing out the tank is not your average task.

I want...
either a bike cam or a steering stabilizer... not sure...
That's an underseat tank is it, Sean? We just put a transparent SpeedBrain tank on our G450X this week and it wasn't very difficult. The new tank required a different O ring at the pump face but aside from that it was very straightforward.

Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #244
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
That's an underseat tank is it, Sean? We just put a transparent SpeedBrain tank on our G450X this week and it wasn't very difficult. The new tank required a different O ring at the pump face but aside from that it was very straightforward.

that sounds like an offer to assist, if i ever heard one Mike!.... since there is so much free beer on the other threads being offered, i could offer some out....
Old 01-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #245
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,874
Quote:
that sounds like an offer to assist, if i ever heard one Mike!.... since there is so much free beer on the other threads being offered, i could offer some out....
If you need help, just say the word, and the word is beer, but I doubt you'd have any trouble with it.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #246
rinho
Rinho Féroce

Hi,
I may need the few pages i missed, but, did some of you have or will prepare map for your Garmin ?

Do we already know where we'll go riding or is this a "next meeting" purpose ?
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #247
rinho
Rinho Féroce

Just found these things

http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/maps/view/508

http://www.4x4now.com/mu4wd.htm
Old 01-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #248
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinho View Post
Hi,
this a "next meeting" purpose ?

if we can get Ted to log in again
Old 01-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #249
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Bump

anyone in Ottawa want to get together in the next few weekends?, T.O boys are invited as well but 8hr to drive ... with no agenda would be unmotivating? More about putting a face to a name... I've seen your mug before Mark...

you guys clearly talk too much

AND
its going to be a long winter
Old 01-14-2012, 08:31 PM   #250
rinho
Rinho Féroce

Btw, I received the letter this week... I'll be officially a canadian citizen on January 19th !
Crossing the border will be faster, this new passport will make us saving at least 35 minutes!

rinho screwed with this post 01-14-2012 at 09:03 PM
rinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #251
4badboyz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 586
Quote:
Bump

anyone in Ottawa want to get together in the next few weekends?, T.O boys are invited as well but 8hr to drive ... with no agenda would be unmotivating? More about putting a face to a name... I've seen your mug before Mark...

you guys clearly talk too much

AND
its going to be a long winter

Hey Sean, just got back from my son's wedding in Aruba
let me know if you're planning a meet and greet, I could make a weekend out of it
Moab 2012
James Bay Road. What could go wrong...
4badboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #252
hewhohesit8s
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
I'll be in Ottawa once the canal opens.

We usually head up for a skate on the canal. I've stopped making reservations before the open - the canal is opening later than when I was in University.

Soooo, depending on the proposed date, I might be able to make it.
'10 KTM 530EXC
'04 HD 1200C
hewhohesit8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #253
dualsportutah.com
KTMrentals

Oddometer: 94
Moab 2012 April

Join Us on April 27th thru the 29th for the Gas Gas Ride. This ride is open to all riders of all skill levels

The ride will start in Moab on April 27th. Be prepared for 3 days of riding and group camping on the Colorado River. Either one is enough to plan your yearly vacation for, let alone the two combined into the same weekend. If that’s not enough, Moab’s Classic Car Show falls on this same week end, so if you’re looking for a hotel room rather than camping, make Reservations early.

If you’d like to sign up, please Call Jim at 435 260-2724 or email DualSportutah@hotmail.com for more info

We’re really looking forward to seeing you all in Moab this April!

We’re also trying to get the word out for the 2012 Gas Gas Gathering in Moab this spring. We want to see how many of you are out there and can make it to Moab for the First Annual Gas Gas Moab Rally. The rally will include 2-3 days of world class riding around Moab and tons of more fun.

Show your support for Gas Gas and come ride Moab This Spring Email DualSportUtah@hotmail.com or Call Jim (435)260-2724 , so drop us a line and we’ll see if we can make this the biggest showing of Gas Gas Riders ever!!!

Cost will be $35 which will get you a collectable T-shirt and 1 BBQ Dinner, Camping will be at Kane Creek Camp Ground situated right on the Colorado river for only $5 Per Person per night.

This will event will offer some of the best rides in Moab. We’re talking 75-150+ mile a day - ARE YOU IN??
dualsportutah.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #254
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,316
Hey guys! Someone med your thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsportutah.com View Post
Join Us on April 27th thru the 29th for the Gas Gas Ride. This ride is open to all riders of all skill levels

The ride will start in Moab on April 27th. Be prepared for 3 days of riding and group camping on the Colorado River. Either one is enough to plan your yearly vacation for, let alone the two combined into the same weekend. If that’s not enough, Moab’s Classic Car Show falls on this same week end, so if you’re looking for a hotel room rather than camping, make Reservations early.

If you’d like to sign up, please Call Jim at 435 260-2724 or email DualSportutah@hotmail.com for more info

We’re really looking forward to seeing you all in Moab this April!

We’re also trying to get the word out for the 2012 Gas Gas Gathering in Moab this spring. We want to see how many of you are out there and can make it to Moab for the First Annual Gas Gas Moab Rally. The rally will include 2-3 days of world class riding around Moab and tons of more fun.

Show your support for Gas Gas and come ride Moab This Spring Email DualSportUtah@hotmail.com or Call Jim (435)260-2724 , so drop us a line and we’ll see if we can make this the biggest showing of Gas Gas Riders ever!!!

Cost will be $35 which will get you a collectable T-shirt and 1 BBQ Dinner, Camping will be at Kane Creek Camp Ground situated right on the Colorado river for only $5 Per Person per night.

This will event will offer some of the best rides in Moab. We’re talking 75-150+ mile a day - ARE YOU IN??
Old 01-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #255
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Hey guys! Someone med your thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualsportutah.com View Post

- ARE YOU IN??
Missed it by a week, but we will take any tracks your willing to lend out to canucks.... will give you some tracks from around here.....