Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #31
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,633
I just did another 200+ mile commute. I had mentioned that the riding position of the Aprilia bothered my back. Although not as feet forward as many of the maxi scoots, the riding position does put my feet further forward than any of my motorcycles. I am happy to say that I am getting used to the riding position and it doesn't hardly bother my back any more. Add in the fact that the seat is comfortable and I think I could easily do 3-400 mile days on this scooter.

I did get some good pics on this last ride and posted them in my ride report here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...647784&page=11

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #32
hacksaw55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Thanks FoldArt .I found a good deal on a Morphous seat been done for more room if my house sells it will be mine.
hacksaw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:40 PM   #33
cdwise
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
Did you add a windscreen to your Sport City?

Interest about feeling cramped. I'm 6-2 and fit on it fine.
I wish, the only place we could find one had the windscreen on back order for 12 weeks - yikes.

If you want to see photos from our trip check my blog http://cheryldwise.com I've just added some panormas from Utah & Colorado.

My husband maintain 75-80 from Las Vegas into Temeculah on I-15/215. with temps up to 109f. He also went down several of the dirt roads in Capitol Reef National Park well past where I was willing to go on my BV 500. I do wish I'd had the camera out and on video when he hit a big sandy sinkhole coming back on one of those roads. Talk about a cloud of dust/dirt but he made it through.

If you know of some place hat has a windscreen in stock I"d love to now about it. My son will be using it as his only feet/bus alternative at university in the fall and he's used to riding a Buddy with a windshield.

As for feeling cramped I don't like the on top of the handlebars feeling but a Burgman or other maxi is too far back for me. I don't think it has as much to do with height as pitch if that makes any sense.
cdwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #34
middyjams
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Sportcity 250 emissions question

Hi..I wanted to see if the sportcity 250 ie-2008 model meet emission standards for all 50 states. I live in California where they have some different rules when you buy a used vehicle. It needs to have 7500 miles or have the emissions tag show that it's 50 state emission tested.

Anyone know the answer? It should be on your emissions sticker on the bike.

Thanks!
middyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:20 AM   #35
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by middyjams View Post
Hi..I wanted to see if the sportcity 250 ie-2008 model meet emission standards for all 50 states. I live in California where they have some different rules when you buy a used vehicle. It needs to have 7500 miles or have the emissions tag show that it's 50 state emission tested.

Anyone know the answer? It should be on your emissions sticker on the bike.

Thanks!
I have an 09 so I can't answer your question. Try the Aprilia Forum: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=24

Old 12-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #36
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by middyjams View Post
Hi..I wanted to see if the sportcity 250 ie-2008 model meet emission standards for all 50 states.
Thanks!
I'd be very surprised if it doesn't, considering it's the most common Piaggio engine used today.
You'll find it in the Vespa, Piaggio BV/Beverly, X7, X8, X9, Carnaby, MP3, Aprilia Scarabeo, Atlantic,
Derbi Rambla, GP1 and probably a few others.

If any of those meet the CAL regulations/laws, I'm guessing they all do.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #37
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

I stopped by Rider's Hill / European Motorsports in Dahlonega, GA (where I bought my SC250) on Sunday. They had a new 09 SC250 on the showroom floor for $2795!!!!!! Just in case anyone is looking for one. it did have a scratch on the lower fairing below the floorboard. It was hardly noticeable.

I just thought I'd post it in case anyone in the area was looking for a great deal on a scooter.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #38
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,371
Someone should be all over that. Thats a darn good price for a 250 scoot.

I got a good discount on my Kymco people S 250 but not that much.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #39
PinkSteel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
[QUOTE=Cortez;17512970]I'd be very surprised if it doesn't, considering it's the most common Piaggio engine used today.
You'll find it in the Vespa, Piaggio BV/Beverly, X7, X8, X9, Carnaby, MP3, Aprilia Scarabeo, Atlantic,
Derbi Rambla, GP1 and probably a few others.

If it hasn't been mentioned, that engine is an efficient, smooth-running workhorse....
PinkSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #40
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
Someone should be all over that. Thats a darn good price for a 250 scoot.

I got a good discount on my Kymco people S 250 but not that much.
I paid $3499 for mine and thought it was a good deal. For another $700 off I'd be willing to overlook a scratch on the lower fairing.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #41
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,371
And if the scratch bothers you, I'll bet its not that much to replace the lower fairing. I know the tupperware for my Kymco is really reasonable

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

I now have nearly 7000 miles on my Sport City. So far I have had no problems with it except that it eats rear tires. I replaced the stock maxxis tire at 3200 miles with A kenda cruiser tire (130/90-15). That lasted all of 3700 miles so I decided to try a Dunlop this time. So far I have only put around 100 miles on the new Dunlop 404 130/90-15. It feels good so far but only time will tell if it will last.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #43
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
I just did another 200+ mile commute. I had mentioned that the riding position of the Aprilia bothered my back. Although not as feet forward as many of the maxi scoots, the riding position does put my feet further forward than any of my motorcycles. I am happy to say that I am getting used to the riding position and it doesn't hardly bother my back any more. Add in the fact that the seat is comfortable and I think I could easily do 3-400 mile days on this scooter.
Is there any adjust-ability for the rear shocks? On my(admittedly different) Rattler I bought an aftermarket shock which smoothed out the pavement pounding of the overly stiff stock shock and my lower back was good to go and I could ride the thing for hours at a time instead of just half hour spurts.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #44
klaviator OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies View Post
Is there any adjust-ability for the rear shocks? On my(admittedly different) Rattler I bought an aftermarket shock which smoothed out the pavement pounding of the overly stiff stock shock and my lower back was good to go and I could ride the thing for hours at a time instead of just half hour spurts.
The only adjustment is spring preload. The spring is fine for solo riding but the shock needs more rebound damping. Both could be stiffer for riding two up. I have done a number or 200-300 mile days and it's been pretty comfortable.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #45
cbolling
Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer: 2,711
I am really surprised how quick you have gone thru tires. It's not like the thing is making 100+ hp.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=661436
cbolling is offline   Reply With Quote