ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #1
Zeid OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
International Motorcycle Show.

I'm surprised no one has posted about these or their escapades at such. Did anyone else go? The International Motorcycle Show travels around the US setting up at different venues. Only a few get the demo rides but luckily, fair weathered middle of the winter Phoenix was one of them.

Below are my pictures from the IMS at University of Phoenix Stadium (where the Cardinals play). All in all it was alright, the demo rides were the highlight for me but I found it sad that only Harley Davidson, Kawasaki, Yamaha and Indian were doing demo rides at the Phoenix show at least, not sure about the other few that were doing demo rides. The inside was okay, but could have stood to see more of the interesting, motorcycle related vendors. Twisted throttle was there but I was sad to see Touratech and AltRider were not. It could have been better but was still good. Definitely room for improvement.

If anyone else has been to the IMS at any location including Phoenix please post your pictures, I'm curious to see and hear about other's experiences. I looked around and didn't see any threads on this so if I missed it I'm terribly sorry and will feel like a real butthead.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:17 AM   #2
1badHD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Very nice pics. Thanks for the post.
1badHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Zeid OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badHD View Post
Very nice pics. Thanks for the post.
Glad you enjoyed them
Old 02-10-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,710
Lovely. I want to go to the show scheduled for Orlando next year, based on the Euro Intermot and EICMA. Your pix are an encouragement to me to get it together!

IBA#39,523
conchscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #5
Zeid OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
Lovely. I want to go to the show scheduled for Orlando next year, based on the Euro Intermot and EICMA. Your pix are an encouragement to me to get it together!
Glad to hear that! I would think they would have demo rides in Orlando as well, they tend to in all the "Our weather doesn't suck during the winter" places.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:35 PM   #6
CPORet
I Am Kirok!

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchscooter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeid View Post
Glad to hear that! I would think they would have demo rides in Orlando as well, they tend to in all the "Our weather doesn't suck during the winter" places.
I went to the AIMExpo show this last Oct in Orlando. Rode down as I wanted a nice long road trip. Basically, I'll sum up
my experience as this: If you want to see motorcycles, go to one of the IMS shows. If you want to see vendors, go to the
AIMExpo.

My chief complaint was that they called it the International Motorcycle Expo. Only problem was, where were the
motorcycles? Only 3-1/2 manufacturers showed up: Yamaha, Suzuki, Hero and (1/2) Erik Buell Racing. Hopefully, the
next show in Oct will have more mfgrs. It wasn't a bad show overall though. Ace Cafe had a nice booth, some nice vintage
Japanese bikes, a few customs. Main thing for me was getting to talk to the aftermarket vendors about their products.

The venue is huge, and could hold an extremely large show. But continued success of this show will ultimately depend
on vendor/mfgr support. In fact, this years show is only 4 days long instead of the 5 for last years. I spoke with a vendor
at the D.C. IMS show who was at AIMExpo and he said it was terrible as a vendor. But in all fairness, it was the 1st one
they put on, so I'll wait to judge after the next one.

Zeid - Yes, they did have demo rides. Even had a shuttle to the other parking lot where you could ride a bike or atv
around. I didn't get over there because I came within an inch of blowing out my back, and had to shuffle around like
a zombie lest I end up being carted out by EMS.

conchscooter - here are a few shots I took at the last AIMExpo:

Tron Bike

Bat Bike

Kawasaki row

Yamaha row

Honda & Sukuki row

Dime City Cycles Thruxton

Ace Cafe row

CPORet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #7
Zeid OP
Adventurer

Very nice! Much better variety of show bikes as well. All the one in Phoenix had was a bunch of Custom Harleys and Tuned out Sport Bikes. There were some classics but not enough. The Classic Motorcycle Show held in Scottsdale that I attended a few months back was amazing, HUNDREDS of classics. Made a thread about it back when.

Thanks for the pics and post!