Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2011, 07:39 PM   #136
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVhillbilly View Post
I was in the center lane and felt like crowding her off the road.
You should have. On the rare occasion i'm in my truck, anytime i see a car crowding a bike, I let them have it. Tailgate a bike, I'll cut you off and slow down to 45 on the interstate, and you won't get by. I'll make that fucker 3 lanes wide. I'm feeling invincible when i'm rolling with 4500 pounds of steel instead of 400.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #137
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbgt89 View Post
I could go on for days. Everyday i leave for work, and when i'm gearing up i feel like i'm preparing for battle. Combination of aggressive drivers that want to scare you, and the usual brain dead steering wheel holders. I almost prefer the brain dead.

I had a guy ram me with his truck a month or so ago, Merging on from one interstate to another, was doing about 15 mph faster than the traffic in the slow lane, merged, hit some traffic, and this asshole gets right off my fender. I looked back at him and gave him the stink eye. He pulls up next to me and tries to force me onto the shoulder. I loosened up on the bars and threw my shoulder into his door as he cut into my lane. Removed his mirror, and pulled ahead.

As i was digging through my pockets looking for my extra spark plug to chuck through this guys window, an F250 pulls up in the next lane and was yelling, GO GO GO! and pointing ahead. I downshifted and had her wide open, and when there was about 6 feet between me and the asshole, My new friend parked that big ass ford right into his fender. Ran him all the way into the grass. I owe that guy a beer.

Good times indeed. Wouldn't trade my bike for a cage even on the worst days of commuting.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #138
Big Paul
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Why I ride to work

This is why I commute on a bike, I could talk all day but this is my daily ride home.
BTW here in UK we normally ride and drive on the left

Big Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #139
revrandy
The Riding Rev.

Oddometer: 270
When I went from my kitchen to my home office, I stubbed my toe once.
revrandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 AM   #140
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Paul View Post
This is why I commute on a bike, I could talk all day but this is my daily ride home.
BTW here in UK we normally ride and drive on the left

You suck.

For the most part my commute involves (once out of my neighborhood) 7 turns, including one on ramp, and most of the others are 90* turns.

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #141
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,682
Today I was running some errands in my cage (Dodge 2500 4x4) hauling almost a ton in the bed. Today is the last day of Bike week in Laconia NH Lots of pirates out on the road around here. So I'm cruising down the road at about 45 and Pirate boy blows a stop sign and pulls out in front of me then has to come to almost a complete stop because traffic is held up by a tractor mowing the side of the road. Now a 3/4 ton pickup with over 1500lbs in the bed doesn't stop on a dime....my ass grabbed the seat hard luckily the trucks got good brakes and I was laready slowing because I saw the slow moving traffic. That guy had no idea how close he came to having a Dodge Ram logo imprinted in his back....
Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:56 AM   #142
pretbek
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
Today I was running some errands in my cage (Dodge 2500 4x4) hauling almost a ton in the bed. Today is the last day of Bike week in Laconia NH Lots of pirates out on the road around here. So I'm cruising down the road at about 45 and Pirate boy blows a stop sign and pulls out in front of me then has to come to almost a complete stop because traffic is held up by a tractor mowing the side of the road. Now a 3/4 ton pickup with over 1500lbs in the bed doesn't stop on a dime....my ass grabbed the seat hard luckily the trucks got good brakes and I was laready slowing because I saw the slow moving traffic. That guy had no idea how close he came to having a Dodge Ram logo imprinted in his back....

Did you give him a friendly reminder with your double air horn?

Some people are so clueless about the impact of their behavior in traffic on others.
...And others have a clue, but don't give a damn.
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #143
road_apple
Hit the Trail

Oddometer: 136
Cager story

I used to work in downtown Chicago as a service tech and had to drive around the Loop several times a day. At that time there were increasing numbers of pedistrean/vehicle accidents which led to increased enforcement. I didn't want to get fired for stuff a bike messanger might do in my company van so I stayed cautious most of the time. One day a dumpy, overweight pedistrian who must not have been having a good day desided to hold up traffic as she lumbered across the crosswalk while our light went from red to green. Some of us began honking(a sign of respect in Chicago) at the point she began staring at us while sticking out her tounge. She stared at us so intently that she lost track of where she was and walked into the side of a stopped cab and fell down. Greatest day in traffic ever.
road_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:21 AM   #144
wiseblood
Hall Monitor

Oddometer: 12,052
10 pages, and nobody posted this yet....

Big Apple Tag-o-Rama Maps: Click Here!
wiseblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #145
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
When I went from my kitchen to my home office, I stubbed my toe once.
+1 for telecommuting

My biggest hazard is this guy waiting for me in the hallway:

Back when I commuted to work at the evil empire office in Las Colinas (DFW area):
Old 06-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #146
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,544
When I was still living in San Diego I was behind a Jeep Wrangler on I-8 west going about 75. Something in the jeep looked off to me, it took me a minute to figure out that the woman driving it had both hands behind her head braiding her hair.
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #147
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
When I lived up in Vista, my wife insisted that I needed to make more money, so I took a job that had better pay and was in downtown San Diego, 35 miles away down the I-5.

I used to ride my BMW to work in heavy traffic because I didn't want to spend the time and couldn't afford the gas stuck in bumper to bumper gridlock in my truck. Paul Palicka used to fly by me every morning around 05:30.

After about 3 months I realized that if I was gonna take the risk of getting wracked up on my bike, I wanted it to be because I was out riding for fun, not dicking around for some shitty paycheck.

So I got a different job with a slightly smaller shitty paycheck much closer to my house and I could drive my truck, or if it was a nice day and I felt like it, the Beemer.

Since I got divorced I have a lot less worries about money and a lot more fun riding with my new wife in the BMW/sidecar or on the back of the Guzzi.
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #148
King_Panther13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Had some jackass in a jeep today decide that he needed all three lanes to turn onto the road that I was on (two lane road with a turning lane).

I gave him the palms up "DO YOU NOT REALIZE THAT YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STAY IN THE LANE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD RETARD?!" gesture, and he flicked me off. Ahhh, lovely Florida drivers. Had I been going any faster it's possible that there could've been a head on collision, but luckily there was enough latency in between his amazing display of cornering ability and my progression to the end of the road for me to brake then swerve....and for him to do the same.

His tires squealed, mine didn't. That means I know that I'm doing something right lol.
1992 Yamaha Razz "Blackberry"
King_Panther13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:36 AM   #149
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,183
I fully admit I am a sbux addict, so poke away, but today I pulled into my local sbux right next to a young guy on a shiny new triumph who was wearing big boot, a leather vest with a huge patch on the back saying capitalism sucks and money will not matter when everyone is dead and a bunch of anarchy symbols. Look like quite the bad-ass with all his knives, tats (i have 9 of them, so I am not really judging on the tats themselves, just the type), etc. I waited in the line behind him as he paid with his amex gold.

I found it humorous this guy wearing all this anti-shit, owned a new bike, bought fluffy drinks at a capitalist pig company and paid with credit. Oh and my shitty green thumper started way better than his new bike that he was swearing at as I rode off.
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #150
Mgbgt89
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Heres a good one.

Today i was coming home from work, there was a wreck on 77 as usual, and traffic was at a crawl. My bike can't run for long in this heat without overheating, so i slowly was splitting lanes. After a few miles of uneventful splitting, an explorer cuts me off. No problem buddy, You can't make that hole small enough, and i ducked past as the car opposite him made room.

About a quarter mile down the road something hits me in the head. This asshole was over on the opposite shoulder pacing me, and hit me in the helmet with a full can of monster. I laughed as he threw his 3 dollar drink at me, and rode on, but tucked back in traffic opposite a semi, just in case.

traffic stops again, so i start creeping through and a half mile up i see this asshole PARKED ACROSS TRAFFIC. out of his truck, waiting for me. I think for a minute, he's waiting at an exit ramp, so i dive two lanes over, gun it, and pray that light is green at the top.

Well it wasn't, skidded to a stop at the top, and he's FLYING up on me. Fuck.

I pull in front of the first car in the left turn lane so he doesn't plow me over. See him stop and his door open and duck down the wrong way, jump the curb and ride down past the stopped cars, hoping one of them will want to play bumper cars with this guy. Traffic moves, pull another U-turn and pin it. I don't know if he was going to try and tackle me, or what, but i wasn't lifting. If he wants to take on 400 pounds of motorcycle at 40 mph, He can be my guest, he already tried to hit me twice, and threw a can at me while i was riding. I wonder what the cops would have said had i nailed his ass. I would have been fine, ATTGAT. Didn't see any gear on him

Well, didn't have time to think about the legal ramifications of running over a wanna be thug in front of about 50 witnesses, so i hung a right onto this city street, where i know i can lose him, should he decide to give chase. That exploder isn't running down stairs or through walking paths, at least not at the pace i'm capable of.

Missed him by about 8 inches as he lunged at me, got nailed by another can of sugary substance.

I know i know, Splitting and all that. Go ahead and crucify me for it. I'll trade the occasional road rager for not getting rear ended by a texter any day.

Gonna go throw my gear in the shower so i don't get attacked by bees as well as cagers tomorrow.
Mgbgt89 is offline   Reply With Quote