User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #391
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 561
Like this?

Not my pic. But I wish it was. The wife always goes to the beach with me so it cuts down on my ogling.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #392
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,390
Your commute is on the beach? Where are the other commuters?

(Toxic Britney is downstairs on the right)
Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #393
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
I was very disappointed in myself on my commute on Wednesday. I was traveling along in the left lane at about 80 MPH as I usually do. I was paying attention, but not quite as astutely as I normally do nor as much as I should have been. I was about to overtake a car in the middle lane who was traveling a little slower than me.

I was positioned in the left part of my lane and saw that a car in the far right lane moved into the center lane which was directly in front of the guy I was overtaking. Instead of slowing down, the car in the middle put on his signal and started to move into my lane without looking. I was right at the back corner of his vehicle as he moved over.

Here is where I screwed up. Instead of hitting the brake and falling back, I reacted by holding my lane and hitting my horn. The guy saw me and dipped back into the middle lane. I flipped him off and screamed at him. I then laid on the throttle and put some distance between us.

I really wasn't in any real danger. I saw what was developing and had an open and wide shoulder to my left. I had positioned myself correctly and had multiple escapes. However, I let my anger and pride get the best of me and I knew it almost immediately. I recognized that my anger was mis-directed and that I should be angry at myself for trying to make a point, rather than just getting on with my commute.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #394
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,872
Just add covering the brake just in case he didn't respond to the horn and I'd say you did everything right.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #395
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
I'd say you did everything right.

Ditto... Nice condescending, self patronizing read tho...

If it's one thing I do know, it's women and covert opps...
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #396
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
Just add covering the brake just in case he didn't respond to the horn and I'd say you did everything right.

Nope. Trying to hold a lane on a bike is a mistake. The guy could have reacted poorly to my gestures and done something quite nasty and I would have lost.

Don't ride angry! I know better.
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #397
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

A good way to start the day.

I had a fun and spirited ride to work this morning. I turned right onto 224 only to have a Red light a block up the road. I should have moved to the Left lane as I saw a longer than usual stack of left tuning cages in the oncoming lane. They get the Green arrow before I get a Green light so I knew that two or three would be squeezing through on the Yellow and Red lights.

They didn’t let me down… Three cars turned that shouldn’t have turned on Yellow and RED only to get backed up in my right of way. I signaled and changed to the Left lane going through the intersection as the car to my left was sitting there texting. I motored around the back of the last violator. (I know, I know don’t change lanes in an intersection… Normally I wouldn‘t but the texting driver was going nowhere fast so…)

… Anyway a lovely long haired Brunette in a Nissan Maxima took advantage of the Left turning blockers and did a Right on Red onto 224 going my direction. It did not take long to see that she drove like I ride. I call it assertive… Some might call it spirited. Pay attention to what is going on FAR up the road and flow like water.

Up 522 we go. The merge onto 205 was metered indicating heavier than usual traffic (not normal) onto 205 we go with clear and safe lane changes to the middle lane then again to the left lane to cruise past all the traffic slowing down for the first exit.

I am thinking to myself: I like the way this gal drives… as we roll on down the highway past the first exit.

With my exit was coming up I signaled and moved back to the center lane and accelerated giving my spirited and beautiful fellow commuter a thumbs up as I pass. When a place opened up in the right lane I signaled and moved over to the right lane to set up for my exit. Then the Maxima hottie moved to the middle lane accelerated hard and flowed on forward passing 6 more cars to an opening just before the exit and took the same exit I do.

She was far enough ahead that she made it through the second light where I turn left to go to work. I noticed that she turned left at the four-way STOP a block up the road.
With only two businesses on the short little road she turned onto, I was wondering if she might work at one and we could possibly have more spirited commutes in the future.

NOPE! She did a u-turn and came back the direction we had come from and was the first car in line waiting at the light when I turned left (on the Green arrow) I gave her another thumps up to which she replied with a double thumbs up, a big beautiful smile followed by a double Dio head-bang and laughter.

It seems she was having as much fun as I was. Is that possible in a cage?

I hope to meet this gal one day… or at the very least have another spirited commute.

It is going to be a good day!

DAKEZ screwed with this post 09-16-2011 at 10:57 AM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #398
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
Nope. Trying to hold a lane on a bike is a mistake. The guy could have reacted poorly to my gestures and done something quite nasty and I would have lost.

Could have... Could have panicked and swerved right, leading to a 10 car pile up...

Orrrr, could have swerved left, could have plat you, then could have panicked right, leading to what could have been a 10 car pile up, and total highway shut down.

Man I like this game...

But what you DID do, was prolly scare the guy shit-less to where he'll actually LOOK the next time he try's to sig and merge at the same time.

If it's one thing I do know, it's women and covert opps...
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #399
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post

Yup. If you get mad while riding you're doing it wrong.

That said, it is my practice to avoid these types with my trottle... not my brakes. (and never my horn).
Old 09-16-2011, 10:54 AM   #400
AdrenalinJunkie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
I had a fun and spirited ride to work this morning. I turned right onto 224 only to have a Red light a block up the road. I should have moved to the Left lane as I saw a longer than usual stack of left tuning cages in the oncoming lane. They get the Green arrow before I get a Green light so I knew that two or three would be squeezing through on the Yellow and Red lights.

They didn’t let me down… Three cars turned that shouldn’t have turned on Yellow and RED only to get backed up in my right of way. I signaled and changed to the Left lane going through the intersection as the car to my left was sitting there texting. I motored around the back of the last violator. (I know, I know don’t change lanes in an intersection… Normally I wouldn‘t but the texting driver was going nowhere fast so…)

… Anyway a lovely long haired Brunette in a Nissan Maxima took advantage of the Left turning blockers and did a Right on Red onto 224 going my direction. It did not take long to see that she drove like I ride. I call it assertive… Some might call it spirited. Pay attention to what is going on FAR up the road and flow like water.

Up 522 we go. The merge onto 205 was metered indicating heavier than usual traffic (not normal) onto 205 we go with clear and safe lane changes to the middle lane then again to the left lane to cruise past all the traffic slowing down for the first exit.

I am thinking to myself: I like the way this gal drives… as we roll on down the highway past the first exit.

I hope to meat this gal one day… or at the very least have another spirited commute.

It is going to be a good day!
You hope to MEAT that gal? I think that's what they call a Fruedian slip;)
'08 CRF 230 sold '06 GSX-R 600 regretfully sold:(
Because anything worth doing is worth overdoing
AdrenalinJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #401
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
In case you do get to meat her some day, I hope she wasn't a tranny...
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #402
DAKEZ OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
You hope to MEAT that gal? I think that's what they call a Fruedian slip;)
It is a Montana "Freudian intentional"

Edited for those who have not been there.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:10 PM   #403
pennswoodsed
lizards,bugs and me

Oddometer: 667
addendum

Glad your adventure didn't have to be guessed at by survivors. I wonder if a phenomenon I see here OFTEN " I couldn't have been more centered in his hood and field of vision at that point if we tried in a team effort often contributed to this"

Handicapped people leave the blue card hanging in the window while they drive .

I have looked thru many customer windows and can tell you how much is blocked. Enough to miss a pedestrian, child or motorcyclist if the angle is right.

Be careful, I would expect Vegas has as many if not more than average bad drivers.
regards,Ed
pennswoodsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:20 PM   #404
unlawfulsm
Bearded Hooligan

Oddometer: 501
This is my commute...
[IMG]

Project Commute from JRH on Vimeo.

[/IMG]

Dont have the 690R anymore, but still do the same commute on the GSA Just not as long of wheelies.

Use Code- iFRLhicsrl4no

Great Deals on Gear
unlawfulsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:15 AM   #405
nytrashman
old and in the way

Oddometer: 575
heading south on the highway the other day i was in the left lane passing a line of slow moving traffic. all of a sudden a car comes flying down the right lane and cuts me off as he swerves into the left lane. he is now in front of me as we pass the line of slow moving cars. we now come to what is known locally as 1 mile hill. around the corner and up the hill he goes, with me following behind him. he can barely keep his car in his lane and is wandering all over from left to right lane. at the top of the hill there is a light and i move to the left turn lane and he pulls up adjacent to me in the far right lane. he looks at me and i asked if he was alright. he doesn't' seem to understand so i said again, "are you ok? you were all over the road back there" his response was FU. well, right about this time in the left lane, between the turning lane i am in and next to this guy in the far right lane a county cop pulls up. he saw i was talking to the guy in the car and asked me if everything was alright. i told him how this guy cut me off a few miles back and then could hardly keep his car in his own lane coming up 1 mile hill. i told the cop i think he might have been drinking by the way he was driving. just then the light turns green and the car takes off. the cop wanting to make sure which car i was talking about asked me what car and i told him the one with the bike on the back, well just then this guy decides the right lane is not for him and he swerves to get in the left lane, only problem was there was another car there. the cop and i watch him side swipe this car and at that point the cop thanked me, hit his lights and off he went. the left turn signal gave me the green and off i went.
nytrashman is offline   Reply With Quote