Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #1336
XJantics
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veteran Noob View Post
In the US flashing your lights is often interpreted as antagonistic.
:) B double E, double R, U N

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
XJantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #1337
Wisconsinkris
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Riding in this AM. Car cuts in front of me. Not much more than a few feet between front tire and the bumper.

I back off and there staring at me is a big orange "start seeing motorcycles" bumper sticker. Must be on there for priority parking at the local biker bar.
Wisconsinkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #1338
RedShark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,341
Today's fun road debris: in some S-turns, the clear/white lid to a plastic lid to a plastic 55-gallon drum. Not much traction THERE....
RedShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #1339
shaddix
Banned

Oddometer: 647
Passed a cop with his blue lights on parked on the side of the road after giving a citation I presume. I honk as I go past and point behind me at the asshole riding 20 feet off my back tire. Guy backs up quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Cop didn't do anything, oh well.
shaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #1340
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
Passed a cop with his blue lights on parked on the side of the road after giving a citation I presume. I honk as I go past and point behind me at the asshole riding 20 feet off my back tire. Guy backs up quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. Cop didn't do anything, oh well.

That's funny.

I had a punter wander into my lane about a foot or so while he was texting yesterday.

I honked and pointed at him (angrily).

Next light, unbeknownst to me, there was a police cruiser first in line, watching this happen!

Straightened him out for a bit.

Funny thing was that I was off to the dealership for an INS claim for another dumb cager incident...

Overpopulation?

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #1341
atomicalex
silly aluminum boxes

Oddometer: 2,610
On the autobahn this morning, things bound up due to an E-Class with a cellphone. I threaded somewhat aggressively through the mess to get into the wide open exit lane in front of him (my exit), when out of nowhere behind me some sort of orange and noisy sport bike comes flying up. I waved him to my left as I was not in a race. I guess I should not have been surprised when he took off in front of me, swung wide right, went around a car (on the right) on the exit ramp, and disappeared.

and I though I was being aggressive!! Taught me a lesson, there..
Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #1342
pretbek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
20 feet? In 50 mph rush hour traffic here they fit another car in that space, and think it's normal.

I was in the fast lane going 10 mph faster than the traffic in the middle lane. A car in the middle lane starts to change into my lane trying to occupy the space that my motorcycle is filling at the moment.
No biggie. I slowly veered to stay clear and gave a honk with my air horn to indicate my disagreement with the move. The car lurched back into the middle lane and kept zigzagging in that lane in a series of overcorrections.

By now I had gotten parallel with the driver's window and I saw a woman virtually clamped between her steering wheel and her completely upright back seat (gotta love that driving position), staring over the rim of the wheel with huge eyes.
Oops, sorry for the honk, I guess. I would have been fine just maneuvering out of her way.

Now the best part: My lane slowed down and the middle lane traffic passed us (rush hour-ish traffic, lotsa cars). Not 30 seconds after my "incident" she tries to sideways-mate with a car 30 yards ahead of me in the fast lane!
I'm pretty sure she won't pass her recurring drivers license retest...
pretbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #1343
Cerberus83
The Wingman

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
Huh? If only those actually existed and were required... The only thing I have to do when renewing my license is tell the grandma at the BMV "where the blinking light is" and "read line 5" to her.
Cerberus83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #1344
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus83 View Post
Huh? If only those actually existed and were required... The only thing I have to do when renewing my license is tell the grandma at the BMV "where the blinking light is" and "read line 5" to her.
Pretty sure that was sarcasm.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #1345
oic0
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
People seem to either treat me like I am a delicate butterfly that requires space and caution... OR an annoying traffic cone thats in their way. The ones that get me the most are the ones who KNOW I am there merge in to me because they know I have no option but to move. In my truck I'll just let em hit me or run off in the weeds. Bike I don't have much options.

I also see people texting and having their whole car leave their lane, while tailgating the vehicle in front of em. One of em the other day drifted so far over to the right he ended up in the turning lane at a light so I pulled ahead... then he was mad and wanted back in... which I went ahead and allowed, no way in heck did I want him behind me. Supreme idiocy. When I get one of em behind me I just pick a different route at random. 5 minutes extra commute beats 10 minutes of stress and possible death.

At the same time though I've had people stop at a light and get out of their car to apologize for pulling out in front of me. Scary situation because Its always in the back of my mind that they may be getting out to fight lol. The times its happened though, the people hadn't pulled out in front of me rudely, they just didn't notice me until after they had pulled out so they thought they had. One of the times was to warn me that my head light had gone out (day time).

oic0 screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 11:07 AM
oic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #1346
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by oic0 View Post
People seem to either treat me like I am a delicate butterfly that requires space and caution... OR an annoying traffic cone thats in their way. The ones that get me the most are the ones who KNOW I am there merge in to me because they know I have no option but to move. In my truck I'll just let em hit me or run off in the weeds. Bike I don't have much options.

At the same time though I've had people stop at a light and get out of their car to apologize for pulling out in front of me. Scary situation because Its always in the back of my mind that they may be getting out to fight lol. The times its happened though, the people hadn't pulled out in front of me rudely, they just didn't notice me until after they had pulled out so they thought they had. One of the times was to warn me that my head light had gone out (day time).

Sounds like you have some good karma there.

I was going to suggest an air-horn like pretbek's, or a Stebel Nautilus...

Might mar your karma though.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #1347
PostIt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretbek View Post
20 feet? In 50 mph rush hour traffic here they fit another car in that space, and think it's normal.

I was in the fast lane going 10 mph faster than the traffic in the middle lane. A car in the middle lane starts to change into my lane trying to occupy the space that my motorcycle is filling at the moment.
No biggie. I slowly veered to stay clear and gave a honk with my air horn to indicate my disagreement with the move. The car lurched back into the middle lane and kept zigzagging in that lane in a series of overcorrections.

By now I had gotten parallel with the driver's window and I saw a woman virtually clamped between her steering wheel and her completely upright back seat (gotta love that driving position), staring over the rim of the wheel with huge eyes.
Oops, sorry for the honk, I guess. I would have been fine just maneuvering out of her way.

Now the best part: My lane slowed down and the middle lane traffic passed us (rush hour-ish traffic, lotsa cars). Not 30 seconds after my "incident" she tries to sideways-mate with a car 30 yards ahead of me in the fast lane!

Finally a local! The driving here is terrible.. I sit on my front porch every night and enjoy a beer while watching the morons completely disregard the 4 way stop in front of my house... Even better are the people who slam the curb while making a right had turn..
PostIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #1348
nhbubba
Internet Tough Guy

Oddometer: 435
Really low on the asshole-o-meter, but I liked the guy putting along 5MPH under what the reset of the highway was doing in the middle lane. I crossed over to the right lane, ready for my exit. He then gunned it and decided he had to be in front of me.

Really guy? I guaran-frikin'-tee a guy on a bike is not going to slow you up on that exit ramp.

Sure enough, he parks it mid-way down the ramp. Practicing that trail braking I suppose.

nhbubba screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 03:12 PM
nhbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #1349
oic0
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbubba View Post
Really low on the asshole-o-meter, but I liked the guy putting along 5MPH under what the reset of the highway was doing in the middle lane. I crossed over to the left lane, ready for my exit. He then gunned it and decided he had to be in front of me.

Really guy? I guaran-frikin'-tee a guy on a bike is not going to slow you up on that exit ramp.

Sure enough, he parks it mid-way down the ramp. Practicing that trail braking I suppose.
Thats idiot driver 101. They can NOT get behind someone. Never never never, when they get over it always has to be in front of someone. Can't count the number of times I will be at the end of a line of traffic with 100 yards of clear road behind me... 1 car length in front of me... and some guy will come up in the left hand lane trying to force his way into the not quite big enough gap in front of me. Flip me off, yell profanity, etc... because I won't let him in front of me (in my truck of course) while I am looking behind me at all of the open space. Sometimes I think I am the only human on earth that has ever slowed down to get behind someone when I want over and there is no gap.
oic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #1350
shaddix
Banned

Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by oic0 View Post

I also see people texting and having their whole car leave their lane, while tailgating the vehicle in front of em. One of em the other day drifted so far over to the right he ended up in the turning lane at a light so I pulled ahead... then he was mad and wanted back in... which I went ahead and allowed, no way in heck did I want him behind me. Supreme idiocy. When I get one of em behind me I just pick a different route at random. 5 minutes extra commute beats 10 minutes of stress and possible death.

I prefer being treated like a butterfly. Had a guy treat me as a cone today. Passed me and moved back over directly in front of me. We were approaching a red light so I just filtered back in front of him as he stopped heh.
shaddix is offline   Reply With Quote