Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #136
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
I just got confirmation that the bolts are shipping today! They will arrive here on the 21st, the only problem is I will be out of town that week for T-Day, so the triples will ship on the 28th when I return.

Thanks everyone for you patience with this wait.
HPMGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #137
GESII
Gerry with a G

Oddometer: 105
Thanks for the update Guy!
BTW - Do you have any of the 50mm triples that aren't spoken for? If so pm me... I might be interested in another set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPMGuy View Post
I just got confirmation that the bolts are shipping today! They will arrive here on the 21st, the only problem is I will be out of town that week for T-Day, so the triples will ship on the 28th when I return.

Thanks everyone for you patience with this wait.
GESII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #138
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

All of the clamps from this batch are spoken for, but I have received a lot of interest about starting another run. If you would like, I can add your name to that list (which is growing rather quickly.)
Old 11-24-2011, 02:36 AM   #139
Ddorf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
I am in for the next run !!

Quote:
All of the clamps from this batch are spoken for, but I have received a lot of interest about starting another run. If you would like, I can add your name to that list (which is growing rather quickly.)

My current setup in my G/S is a Marzocchi Magnum 50 (from a Husky WR360) in a KTM triple (for WP Extreme) with the Roemerteam stem fitted for BMW.

The fork works great (with new bottom valves, higher rate springs, bushings and seals) but the offset of 16mm of the triple is killing me in technical passages. The steering angle is too limitted even with some grinding-off anddents in the tank.
So an offset of 38mm and the bolts of the triple in front is the way to go for me.
Hope my post will encourage more to join the second run, so I can change the triple during winter time.

Best Regards
Stefan from Avignon

Dear Guy

I will PM you
Ddorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:48 PM   #140
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

The bolts were waiting for me when I got into the shop this morning, finally!!!!!

I'm packaging the triples, they will all ship in the next day or two. Thanks everyone for your patience with the backordered bits!!

Stefan, I will reply to your PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #141
mendoje
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
I'm still in - Status?

I thought it was time to bump this thread back to the top for 2012. Any status to report? Have enough signed on to make a run?

Fyi to all, I'm actually going a different route, maybe this will push some of you over the fence, and sign up for a HPMGuy/R-Dubb triple clamp.

I'm going to be using DRZ/KLX 400 forks with my clamps. Huh? Well, they were easy for me to find. DRZ forks use 49mm tubes, so I'll make up the difference with 0.5mm / 0.020 inch shim stock. DRZ fork spacing is 190.5mm, verses 190mm for the KTM forks, again only 0.5mm, easily fixed with a 0.020 shim washer or a custom axle spacer. What this means is there wont be any issues with rotor offset, just use the complete front end (forks, wheels, rotor, caliper from a DRZ. From 2003 on, DRZ forks are adjustable for compression and rebound damping.

I'm also going with a RM125/250 (not RMZ) front wheel. The hubs are basically identical, except on the DRZ they added the speedometer drive. Without the speedometer drive, the open hole in the hub of the DRZ wheel is eliminated. The rotor and offset is also identical. RM wheels are really cheap and easy to find too, cheap enough to have two wheel sets (knobbys and street/dual sport). Finding a second G/S rear wheel is another issue though

Anyway, that's the direction I'm going. One could argue why not build the clamps to DRZ specs? Is it worth the trouble for half a millimeter here or there? Is there enough demand? Well, I had easy access to DRZ stuff, and who knows, maybe a great deal on KTM parts will fall on my lap. Just wanted to post here to give others food for thought, and get this thread going again.

Thanks!
Jeff

Quote:
...but I have also added you to the list for the next run.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #142
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

There are almost enough on the list already. I am looking at a start date of 3/1 for the next group, hopefully another 1 or 2 will jump onboard during that time. As soon as I get a moment, I will start a new thread and touch base with those on the list and see where we stand.

Also, there has been some interest expressed in a set with larger spacing between the two clamps to work better with the large KTM Adv Bike forks. If anyone else is interested in this...let me know.

And as far as the DRZ/KLX forks, if there are a few interested in this, I wouldn't mind machining the bore to 49mm to eliminate the need for shims.

Thanks,
Guy
Old 02-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #143
dieselcruiserhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
I'm now out. Ended up selling the S/T sad to see it go... :(
dieselcruiserhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #144
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,189
Quick question - what handlebar clamps were these designed to use? I need to know what to look for!

*edit: never mind, I got it!

igormortis screwed with this post 02-08-2012 at 03:20 PM
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #145
mendoje
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Actually, I'd like to know! I've been cruising eBay for used clamps for 7/8" bars. But I'm not a KTM guy, so I have no idea what years apply, and eBay sellers dont want to bother taking measurements for me.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by igormortis View Post
Quick question - what handlebar clamps were these designed to use? I need to know what to look for! *edit: never mind, I got it!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:02 PM   #146
SOLO LOBO OP
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendoje View Post
Actually, I'd like to know! I've been cruising eBay for used clamps for 7/8" bars. But I'm not a KTM guy, so I have no idea what years apply, and eBay sellers dont want to bother taking measurements for me.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

At a minmun, all the years that used the WP Extreme forks had the right bar clamps. I have them on my HPMGuy triples...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #147
SOLO LOBO OP
airhead or nothing

Oddometer: 8,548
One almost finished HPMGuy triple-clamped WP Extreme 50mm forked G/S for your viewing pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand
your bike is suitably dirty. Well done.
SOLO LOBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #148
HPMGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

I have started a thread for the next group buy of these triple assemblies here.

The bike looks great Solo!!!
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #149
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,879
My ST lookin' the way God intended thanks to Guy!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #150
G-Tex
Sneaky Bastard

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
My ST lookin' the way God intended thanks to Guy!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
That looks awesome!
Beemer Off Road Dallas, Chartered MOA #351, RA #338
www.advdallas.com
2004 R1150GSATT41L<>1981 R80G/S
Change of Plans '09: Cabo Edition

G-Tex is offline   Reply With Quote