Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #1186
ElusivePedro OP
Layin' Low

Oddometer: 2,587
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Thats the way it works. You need. You ask. Someone helps. ADV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugwest View Post
A sig-line if i ever saw one.

No Kidding - PERFECTO!
"Buttercup" - '04 AN250 Helix
ElusivePedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #1187
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Let me chime in here if I may.

Standing up comes with riding fast. You cannot go really fast while sitting down. Period.
Feet on the pegs, butt off the seat, elbows out, head over the bars.... WideFucking Open....

Lowes sells many 2X4s that are softer than Ktoom seats and YES that is why I stand straight up when ever I can.

You stand up to relax and you assume the Attack position (mentioned above) when going fast. And you sit down to relax everything...but not to go fast...

Your legs are the MOST IMPORTANT part of your suspension system...
If you guys would have seen our row (Vic, Phil, Me, Dan) at an enduro, youd see us standing most of the time, especially when the conditions get knarley!

When I took Shane's class, we couldn'rt believe the turns he took on the pegs. It makes an amazing difference.

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #1188
ElusivePedro OP
Layin' Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusivePedro View Post
G - I KNOW you'd like this... I put it over in chuckheads...

ROCK IT, you old fat fucks...

Page 77 again!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #1189
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,185
Trashbag tiremounting

Melvin mentioned this to me the other night.

I suppose one advantage would be that it would eliminate the chance of pinching the tube with the tire irons.

Still gotta watch it comin off with the irons.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:08 PM   #1190
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,641
Slick--no pun intended. I have some tires to mount soon so I'l have to give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post

I suppose one advantage would be that it would eliminate the chance of pinching the tube with the tire irons.

James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #1191
Chicken Helmet
I'm A Stumper™

Oddometer: 4,784
Quote:

Would have loved to have tried that Saturday.
From what I've heard, riding a DR feels just like riding a KLR except you're head doesn't sway left and right constantly scanning the ditches for aluminum cans.
Chicken Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:54 AM   #1192
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Helmet View Post
Would have loved to have tried that Saturday.
I'm gonna give it a go this saturday afternoon at Treemans event with a 21" Shinko 540 recommended by PK.

If the weather turns off cool, it'll make it a bit more challenging for me and entertaining for wellwishers/picture takers.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #1193
James Adams
Misplaced

Oddometer: 8,641
Quote:
I'm gonna give it a go this saturday afternoon at Treemans event with a 21" Shinko 540 recommended by PK.

If the weather turns off cool, it'll make it a bit more challenging for me and entertaining for wellwishers/picture takers.
I'll also be trying it with a 21" Shinko 540

Dueling tire mounting?

James Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #1194
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Laugh Believe it or don't

Don't know why I haven't shared this story before now, but for some reason today I was thinking about Buzztail getting his KDX stolen a couple years ago and a old time memory suddenly came back to me.

It must have been around 1975 or so. I was still living at Mom and Dad's house. They were good to me and I didn't cause much trouble to them.
Anyway,, I had fixed-up a couple of old bikes and planned to sell them. A buddy of mine found out what I was doing and asked if I'd try to sell his at the same time too.

Dad had a large pine tree on his property next to Stumpfield Road/hwy 29 and I used one of his big chains to lock em up with the "For Sale" sign.
Well, the next afternoon, I came home after work to find a car stopped with several fella's lookin the bikes over. Went ahead and parked my car in the garage and started to walk out to meet the fella's and answer questions if they had any.
About the time they saw me walking toward them, they immediatly got in their big old brown car and took off in a hurry.
Seemed strange to me, but it was gettin dark so I figured I'd move the bikes back to the garage for the night.

A few hours later, I figured I'd go get a Whataburger so I jumped in the Pinto and headed out the driveway. Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at hwy 29 and Stumpfield road as I waited for traffic to clear,,,THERE was that big old brown car sittin about where Smokeys Bar-b-que is now. Drove past it to make sure. Yep,,,,,,,thats the car!
Puttin 2+2 together added up to no good.

I kept a Series 70 Colt .45 Automatic pistol under the seat and couldn't yet hit much with it, and didn't quite know what was about to happen but by Gawd my gut feeling said somethin was about to.

Made a trip around the block thinking about what to do,,and couldn't come up with anything I liked.
Way before pulling back into Dad's long driveway, I switched the headlights off and floored the Pinto down the driveway.
Dad had a long driveway that went the length of his property that was about 800'. At about 200, you turn right into his pole barn garage. At about another 200, turning right would put you into the garage of his rental house garage.

Well, when I zoomed past Dad's garage, I turned on my Pinto's headlight and put the brights on, and there in front of me were 4 motherfuckers running away for all they were worth.
I just about run over 2 of them before slammin on the brakes and slidin to a stop on the dirt road.
They had split up some and thick woods were on both sides of Dads property at that time. Bush's,,,,,,,,stickers,,,,,,,trees,,,,,,,,,,,more stickers.
I turned off the lights and shut the motor off and jumped outa the car and could hear them trying to slug their way through the thick brush away from me. Pitch Black,,,,,,,couldn't see nothin!

I raised the .45 and emptied all 7 shots above their head.
My god what a racked that gun made breakin the silence of Car City.
After the last shot echo died away, I listened and could hear nothin.
NOTHIN. I was deaf and needed time for my hearin to return.
For sure, I didn't hit them cause my aim was high. They were either layin down in those bush's and stickers OR had switched into high gear and were outa there.

I stuck another magazine in the Colt and let out another 7 round blast and cursed those motherfuckers as loud as I could.
Still, no sound to be heard.

I spend most of the night right there.
Waitin............
Listening...........
Nothin................
Finally got sleepy, so I went home and went to bed.
The next morning, I went back to where they jumped in the woods and found where they had laid down in the stickers. The grass was all mashed down.

I like to think I did those fella's a favor and perhaps they learned some kind of lesson. Maybe give up crime since it didn't work out too well for them that night.
Maybe try workin for what they wanted or maybe even become a preacher or somethin.

Yea, maybe I did them a favor.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #1195
ineptizoid
they all do that

Oddometer: 5,279
Sounds to me like several 230-gr. doses worth of help to get their minds right, Boss

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #1196
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,925
Quote:
. They were good to me and I didn't cause much trouble to them.

I reckon you hadn't earned your chucklehead badge of honor yet, eh?

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #1197
ElusivePedro OP
Layin' Low

Beside trespassing and being suspicious - did they actually steal or harm anything that you knew of?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #1198
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusivePedro View Post
Beside trespassing and being suspicious - did they actually steal or harm anything that you knew of?
Did the phrase "Over React" come to mind?

Old 03-06-2012, 04:46 AM   #1199
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,775
Old Story

Speaking of that...
This is funny now! It wasnt at the time.

This was about 1973 or soo.. I was trying to sell my 360CZ. A kid called and wanted to come look at it.
I lived out in the country then and has a long driveway to the paved road (this is in Mobile)..

This 15 year old KID come walking up the driveway and wants to see the bike... Where's your dad? You dont want this bike kid!
Please mister can I just try it out since Im here?

I had to crank it up for him. He got on it and rode it to the end of the driveway like I told him, and then I could here him run through the gears as he headed down the paved road and out of hearing.

I grabbed the keys to the car and chased after him. He was gone and I was without my bike. This was a big deal since I was broke and working my way through college. About a month later I get a call and the Kids dad found the bike and got the story out of the kid...I pressed charges and the kid is still in the state pen...... NOT!

We worked out a deal and the kid gave me money or cut my lawn for a year... no cops involved...

FAST FORWARD to 2002 - Phil and I had been riding all day and we left out YZ250Fs (twins) in the truck loaded up for the next morning. We were going to unload but forgot about it.

Yep! Next morning we got up and NO motorcycles... they left boots, straps, ramp, and race box... never saw them again...
May the theifs "die in a fire"...

My missing bike story

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:28 AM   #1200
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer: 1,893
Quote:
Don't know why I haven't shared this story before now, but for some reason today I was thinking about Buzztail getting his KDX stolen a couple years ago and a old time memory suddenly came back to me.

It must have been around 1975 or so. I was still living at Mom and Dad's house. They were good to me and I didn't cause much trouble to them.
Anyway,, I had fixed-up a couple of old bikes and planned to sell them. A buddy of mine found out what I was doing and asked if I'd try to sell his at the same time too.

Dad had a large pine tree on his property next to Stumpfield Road/hwy 29 and I used one of his big chains to lock em up with the "For Sale" sign.
Well, the next afternoon, I came home after work to find a car stopped with several fella's lookin the bikes over. Went ahead and parked my car in the garage and started to walk out to meet the fella's and answer questions if they had any.
About the time they saw me walking toward them, they immediatly got in their big old brown car and took off in a hurry.
Seemed strange to me, but it was gettin dark so I figured I'd move the bikes back to the garage for the night.

A few hours later, I figured I'd go get a Whataburger so I jumped in the Pinto and headed out the driveway. Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at hwy 29 and Stumpfield road as I waited for traffic to clear,,,THERE was that big old brown car sittin about where Smokeys Bar-b-que is now. Drove past it to make sure. Yep,,,,,,,thats the car!
Puttin 2+2 together added up to no good.

I kept a Series 70 Colt .45 Automatic pistol under the seat and couldn't yet hit much with it, and didn't quite know what was about to happen but by Gawd my gut feeling said somethin was about to.

Made a trip around the block thinking about what to do,,and couldn't come up with anything I liked.
Way before pulling back into Dad's long driveway, I switched the headlights off and floored the Pinto down the driveway.
Dad had a long driveway that went the length of his property that was about 800'. At about 200, you turn right into his pole barn garage. At about another 200, turning right would put you into the garage of his rental house garage.

Well, when I zoomed past Dad's garage, I turned on my Pinto's headlight and put the brights on, and there in front of me were 4 motherfuckers running away for all they were worth.
I just about run over 2 of them before slammin on the brakes and slidin to a stop on the dirt road.
They had split up some and thick woods were on both sides of Dads property at that time. Bush's,,,,,,,,stickers,,,,,,,trees,,,,,,,,,,,more stickers.
I turned off the lights and shut the motor off and jumped outa the car and could hear them trying to slug their way through the thick brush away from me. Pitch Black,,,,,,,couldn't see nothin!

I raised the .45 and emptied all 7 shots above their head.
My god what a racked that gun made breakin the silence of Car City.
After the last shot echo died away, I listened and could hear nothin.
NOTHIN. I was deaf and needed time for my hearin to return.
For sure, I didn't hit them cause my aim was high. They were either layin down in those bush's and stickers OR had switched into high gear and were outa there.

I stuck another magazine in the Colt and let out another 7 round blast and cursed those motherfuckers as loud as I could.
Still, no sound to be heard.

I spend most of the night right there.
Waitin............
Listening...........
Nothin................
Finally got sleepy, so I went home and went to bed.
The next morning, I went back to where they jumped in the woods and found where they had laid down in the stickers. The grass was all mashed down.

I like to think I did those fella's a favor and perhaps they learned some kind of lesson. Maybe give up crime since it didn't work out too well for them that night.
Maybe try workin for what they wanted or maybe even become a preacher or somethin.

Yea, maybe I did them a favor.

Reminds me of one New Years eve in Philadelphia (1989). I had a 280Z that had been broken into several times by bums walking through the neighborhood. I lost my stereo, speakers , cash and had the window broken.

My apartment had been broken into and a bunch of cash I was saving was stolen.

This night I stayed home alone and had just gotten out of the shower when I looked out the window and saw a guy peaking in the window of my car and my neighbors car about to break in.

I put on my jeans, grabbed my pistol (32) and headed out the door with no shirt or shoes into the freezing snowy night. By the time I got outside the thief was up the street at a local bar about to break into another car. I think he had the car door open when I jumped out and yelled, "freeze motherfucker"! He looked at me and took off and I chased him with my gun out yelling "I'll shoot" !

I never caught him and after it was over I thought to myself, what was I gonn do if I did catch him, shoot? In a major city?

Glad I moved out of that dump!

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote