Old 06-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #31
simmons1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Old 06-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #32
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,674
Wow! Doing the whole TAT. Thats a dream of mine,Ive got a plated DRZe Im still doing setup on but it works great overall.
Best of Luck!!!!!!!!!!!! We were just out in Northern Nevada for a week, where the TAT passes through,everything is very green from all the rain/snow.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 PM   #33
DocAxeYarYar
RideDualSport.com

Oddometer: 757
One more DRZ does the TAT

Looks like you have a great ride lined up! Just got back from CO and the weather was incredible. Many of the high passes are not yet open, CO had record snow falls and spring melting is just now happening. By the time you arrive in CO, the situation should be a lot better.

Outside of Lake City, Blue Mesa Road (County Road 25) offers some incredible camping right along the river if your into that. My SPOT page shows the location.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...HlCnrJ7Ta8bzJn

Ride on dudes and looking forward to hearing more!
Old 06-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #34
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
No spots after 2:30

John
Sourjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #35
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,598
Sorry Jon , had the time zone set up wrong on the Spot, changed the setting. Not to much to report today. Even less gravel today than yesterday!!!! Oh well at least we are getting saddle time in on the bikes. I got 62 miles per gallon on the DRZ, the WR250's are getting about 70 mpg or a little higher. We aren't busting tail making miles, just getting use to using the roll charts, which have been dead on, a couple of points are off by maybe a half mile, but easy to catch and figure out especially when backing them up with the GPS.

Nice and cloudy today and threatening rain, but we only saw a few drops. We stopped at this classy Tenn bar/restaurant for lunch, Lakeview Tn (never saw a lake though). It's just North on Manchester TN. Food was better than expected, but stank of stale cigarette smoke. Makes me wish I was ridding a two stroke to hide the smell.

Stopped today at about 4:00. We have a room at Richalnd Inn (2405 Pulaski HWY, 931-381-4500), they give a discount for TAT riders, so they say. Not sure how much of a discount as Ken paid for the room. The room is clean and the lady at the desk was friendly. Nice place to eat next door too.

Here's a picture as K&K wanted some refreshment for the day.

Plan for tomorrow is to almost make it to Miss, and get rear tires for the WR250's on Tuesday. I plan to get a rear by Co as I want good tread.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley screwed with this post 06-19-2011 at 07:30 PM
One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #36
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,674
Man,that sounds like a fun ride,good idea to not push it on miles too much,nice to have time to enjoy the ride. I'll be watching!
Old 06-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #37
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Wow! Doing the whole TAT.

Check the 1stlink for a prep thread to the DRZ. So far I'm pleased w/ it, but haven't hit the rough stuff. I need to loose a little weight from the camping gear, but don't know what i can get rid of. As the stuff I need just takes up room/weight. We'll see what i can dump as time goes on.

One Less Harley screwed with this post 10-18-2011 at 07:22 PM
Old 06-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #38
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,367
OLH-
Oregon is many states away, but please read my warning message here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=14
I'd hate for someone to find this by accident, as I nearly did.

Oh, and
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 AM   #39
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Can you double check the Northern coordinates???? as I cannot enter the "5" of North coordinates.

THANKS FOR THE VERY IMPORTANT HEADS UP!!!

Richard

Old 06-20-2011, 05:17 AM   #40
jthomas82
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Jealous

Have fun, We rode the eastern Oklahoma section last week from Arkansas to I-35, Trail was in good condition. Will pick up from Moab where we left off last year later in the summer.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 AM   #41
CDN_Bacon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Subscribed
CDN_Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #42
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
Can you double check the Northern coordinates???? as I cannot enter the "5" of North coordinates.

THANKS FOR THE VERY IMPORTANT HEADS UP!!!

Richard
Double checked. What I typed is exactly what my gps said (I took a photo for safekeeping).

Peace, and good luck!
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #43
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
Double checked. What I typed is exactly what my gps said (I took a photo for safekeeping).

Peace, and good luck!
When I put it in it shows the point WAY North of the trail, do you have the mile marker??? Ya got me worried about it....

Old 06-20-2011, 07:43 PM   #44
One Less Harley OP
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Had a pretty good day today, warmer than yesterday, I almost emptied the camel back. It's a smaller one, not sure about the size. Most of the "trail" trail was paved or rough grainy pavement. We have entered Omish territory. I was going to take a picture of a saw mill, but a couple of the guys were waving their arms in disapproval, so I chose to respect their beliefs so no pictures of the locals. There was lots of evidence of a tornado (or straight line winds), a few barns with littered debris in the fields, plus topped trees.

We finally met up with the famous creek crossings of TN (near MM390), i've been dreading tangling with them. There were four creek crossings. Two were wide enough to be of concern. The Score- Creek 1, Riders 2. Ken took the slicker looking left side and slid a little mid stream, but made it across with his feet down. Next was Kevin, he took the better looking right side, but got into a small rut and clocked sideways a bit, then stopped, tried to move again.......and down he went. Ken and I went to assist and while trying to get the bike up, down I went kind of pinned by the bike....sorry guys no pictures!!!!

I went last choosing the right side, because the slickness seemed less there. Feet on pavement while riding across. The bike didn't slide any and made it w/o incident.

There was one other creek that caused concern due to the width, but it was no problem. The other two creek crossings were very small and of no concern.

Around the creeks the roads/ gravel started to change color to reddish, a sign of getting closer to Mississippi.

Running the bike on fumes today while we pulled into the motel at Selmer TN, 223 miles on 3.48 gallons of fuel. Glad I pulled the FCR pumper carb off.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #45
Trailace
Dumb Ass

Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
OLH-
Oregon is many states away, but please read my warning message here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=14
I'd hate for someone to find this by accident, as I nearly did.

Oh, and

DD that section of road has been talked about many time glad you did not hit it.

OLH The section he is talking about is just passed mile 536.5 on the OR maps NF 3343. To bypass this stay on NF5520 1.1 miles pass NF3343 (Road with issue) take a left on NF3348 in 1.7 miles go left on NF33 stay on NF33 (4.5 miles) until you get to the other end of NF3343 or mile 541.94 on the OR map. Hope this helps.
2007 G650X Challenge
2002 R1150GS ADV
Iron Butt # 7362
Trailace is offline   Reply With Quote