User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2011, 06:10 PM   #916
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,265
Playing with videos

The Dempster Sped up with photos. Most of the ride out of the Dempster was in the rain and this is all the video clips we have, Will have to go back on day.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #917
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun

Oddometer: 630
Wow! Maybe your trip did do Triumph some good after all. They could see from your bikes exactly what the problems were. I'm glad that issues are being resolved. Having fun and helping out are an awesome way to spend a vacation, ay?
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 07:31 PM   #918
Daytonacharlie
2 Wheeled Backpacker

Oddometer: 227
Great video guryls!
Love the Foo's
One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down.
Daytonacharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #919
GeekAndDestroy
n00b

Oddometer: 8
That video is making me anxious for my eventual trip.

A couple of questions for you:

-On the major stretches like Dempster and Dalton, what would you say you averaged for speed?

-On the bikes, whats the story on the different frame colors? Factory option?
GeekAndDestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #920
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekAndDestroy View Post

-On the major stretches like Dempster and Dalton, what would you say you averaged for speed?

-On the bikes, whats the story on the different frame colors? Factory option?
When the Dempster or Dalton are dry the roads are almost as good as pavement plus a few gravel spots, pot holes and if they graded fluffy areas. You can go as fast as you are comfortable. Both roads if wet or have had recent rain need to be taken slower depending on your bike and riding experience. The Dalton has been paved quite a bit but there are many dirt stretches that when wet can be tricky. Both roads we got hit with rain and we rode speeds between 40-70 KM/Hr. When dry we got up to 110 but we did not want to go too fast and miss the scenery when we were able to see without low clouds.

Different colour frames have to do with when the bikes came through production. Triumph as far as I know is only making the graphite framed bikes now. The graphite bike, mine was made a little later than Cheryl's.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #921
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Working on some short videos

Since everything has calmed down since we got home I am going through raw clips of video and pics and we are trying to make ourselves a long DVD but in the meantime if no one minds I think I will randomly be posting short videos as I make them....not a pro editor at all but still having fun putting some together.

Music is by OneRepublic (Apologize)

Old 08-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #922
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun

Oddometer: 630
One more question...

I have read your entire thread over again, and yet, I cannot find the answer to my question. Yes, I am a female and, as such, I have to ask about shoes. (or boots, as in this case )

IIRC, the boots you and Cheryl were wearing were Triumph boots. Did you wear these boots before the ride? What do you think of them? They are ladies' boots, right? Are they waterproof? Warm? Comfortable? Good traction while walking? Tell me, puhleeze! I have to know! I'm still looking for boots.
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #923
Daytonacharlie
2 Wheeled Backpacker

Oddometer: 227
[QUOTE=soph9;16739789]Since everything has calmed down since we got home I am going through raw clips of video and pics and we are trying to make ourselves a long DVD but in the meantime if no one minds I think I will randomly be posting short videos as I make them....not a pro editor at all but still having fun putting some together.

Music is by OneRepublic (Apologize)[QUOTE]

Nice!
One third of a gopher would only arouse my appetite without bedding it down.
Daytonacharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #924
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaque_machete View Post
I have read your entire thread over again, and yet, I cannot find the answer to my question. Yes, I am a female and, as such, I have to ask about shoes. (or boots, as in this case )

IIRC, the boots you and Cheryl were wearing were Triumph boots. Did you wear these boots before the ride? What do you think of them? They are ladies' boots, right? Are they waterproof? Warm? Comfortable? Good traction while walking? Tell me, puhleeze! I have to know! I'm still looking for boots.
In the final review for the Triumph we gave a little review of some of the gear...

http://advgrrls.com/final-triumph-ti...iew-plus-gear/

we never wore these boots until the trip and they are the Triumph ADV boots. Not girl sizing but boys...we took a size 40 they fit great. Very comfortable and waterproof, but not girly at all. We usually wear Alpinestars Scouts or TCX Air boots for really HOT days. All are waterproof and work great!
Old 08-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #925
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Thumb Ever wonder what an ADV camper sees on Homer Spit?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:56 PM   #926
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Thumb First ALCAN Motorcyle Ride

this was posted on another RR by airborndad....

Old 08-30-2011, 09:05 PM   #927
Memphis Slim
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Tigers vs 658s

Great report ladies!
Sorry if I missed it in the RR, but does the Tiger make you question your Beemers? Or, are they still the Best Bike Ever!

Steve
Memphis Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:21 AM   #928
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis Slim View Post
Great report ladies!
Sorry if I missed it in the RR, but does the Tiger make you question your Beemers? Or, are they still the Best Bike Ever!

Steve
Yep but since we are not presently owners of the Tigers how about this...the F650 is the best bike in it's class and for the money.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #929
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 824
The best bike is the one you are riding. Just food for thought and I may be wrong as I often am , but... A place I worked at enjoyed a relationship with several auto manufacturers where the OEMs provided a variety of vehicles to use in our fleet. We had a very good monitoring system in place and could provide excellent/objective real world use data and subjective driver impressions, etc. The tests involved entire cars and trucks and/or just individual components like a newly designed engine or transmission, etc. Bottom line; my understanding is these cars were legally designated as some type of "non certfied" test classification so when they finished crunching data and inspecting parts, they had to destroy the car as it could not be sold to the public due to "all the above". May have absolutely nothing to do with these bikes and Triumph saying yes or no to a future deal for you. Keep in mind there are so many variables and obviously this is one of those things where the perspective is very different for everyone .

Regardless, the trip was amazing and getting to do it on someone elses new bikes was a unique treat most riders will never experience. Thanks for sharing your adventure and may you enjoy safe travels on all the future paths you follow.

Cheers
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 AM   #930
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

In this case we have been told the bikes will be resold or used on another project. As far as we know the bikes have not been stripped down only the recall has been done, a new air filter was installed. The bikes need a 12000 km service, new chains and sprockets too, and we also recommended new throttle and clutch cables as we had to tighten and tweak them since Dawson City for the most part. That is when Cheryl's bike started to really have stalling issues.

You are right though the best bike is what you are riding for sure.

I still want to head back on the road and do our trip in reverse and would really be interesting to ride the route on our F798's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soph9 screwed with this post 10-16-2011 at 07:53 AM