Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #136
oldmanmuzza
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Can you ride it offroad they asked so I show them this shot Or this one of me and 11year old grand-daughter KLR650

oldmanmuzza screwed with this post 09-28-2013 at 04:45 AM
oldmanmuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #137
irondad01
Irondad01

Oddometer: 9
A couple of years ago my wife and I were on our Triumph Tiger/Sputnik rig in Altoona,PA at a red light. Across from us was a city cop. When the light changed he did a U-turn and got behind us. I thought, I was sitting at a red light, what did I do wrong? I pulled into a gas station to get gas and he followed me. He came over and said " That's a Tiger with a sidecar! " One of his fellow cops pulled in to see what was going on and we stood there talking bikes. They waved as I pulled out and headed home.
The other day we were in State College,PA and pulled into Barnes and Noble on our 2013 Ural. A car came flying up and stopped with a man and woman in it. The guy was giving us two thumbs up and kept saying "is good, is good" Then he said "Is Russian, I am Russian" His wife said he went crazy when he saw the bike and we made him very happy.
Carl
irondad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:54 PM   #138
nbsdave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
Yesterday I stopped for gas at a country store frequented by bikers (all brands). A guy and his wife stopped and he jumped out of his car to see my Ural rig-"i almost bought one, and on and on he went-told him it;s never too late!
Pulled around to the other side of the store under a big oak. A guy I see often rolled in on his 1200GS and had to see the rig. Turns out he is from one of the former USSR countries and speeks fluent Russian. Got a lesson in the correct pronunciation of Ural. He went on to tell me when his dad worked in Russia he was given a company vehicle as a perk-yup a Ural.
Next time his dad visits I'm going to let him ride mine for old times sake.
nbsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #139
soldierguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 430
Saturday night was non-stop delay, but it was fun. I had gone to the Superbike races at Laguna Seca on Saturday, then went to Cannery Row that evening. The street is blocked off to cars...just motorcycles and pedestrians. I spent about 4 hours telling people about my hacked Wee-Strom as they asked questions.

The funny thing was, that despite the custom paint (desert khaki) and all the other stuff on the rig, two things sparked the most notice: the gearheads were intrigued by the leading legs, and nearly everyone commented on the Rotopax cans mounted on the side of the car. Lesson learned: if you want to increase your chances of conversation about your rig, add a Rotopax or two.

'13 Wee-Strom, hacked, re-geared, Ohlins suspension
My Wee-Strom Hack
'14 KLR...I love this thing!
soldierguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #140
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
Saturday night was non-stop delay, but it was fun. I had gone to the Superbike races at Laguna Seca on Saturday, then went to Cannery Row that evening. The street is blocked off to cars...just motorcycles and pedestrians. I spent about 4 hours telling people about my hacked Wee-Strom as they asked questions.

The funny thing was, that despite the custom paint (desert khaki) and all the other stuff on the rig, two things sparked the most notice: the gearheads were intrigued by the leading legs, and nearly everyone commented on the Rotopax cans mounted on the side of the car. Lesson learned: if you want to increase your chances of conversation about your rig, add a Rotopax or two.
I don't feel the least bit of pity for you. It's a freaking nice ride you got there.

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:26 AM   #141
elizilla
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 10
1. I was leaving the ATM and the woman waiting behind me asked if people can ride in the sidecar, or is it just for dogs?

2. My friend Steve got a message from his sister-in-law, with a phone pic of me. She said she had seen this cool bike out riding in the snow, and thought of him. I guess he would indeed be interested, since when she snapped that pic I was on my way to his house. :)

3. I was parked on the street at the local weekly bike night and a pedestrian came up to me. He was very excited. He said he'd seen me riding down Washtenaw Ave last week and I was just so cute that he wanted to follow me home. Urp! I'm glad he didn't; this was creepy.
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #142
fredgreen
Is it Spring yet?

Oddometer: 475
I went to the NASCAR race in Loudon NH and took my Gear Up for a ride to town vehicle. On Saturday morning as I was having coffee, four guys came over with their breakfast beer in hand and started asking the usual questions. They were gushing like school girls, when one fella says to the other, "it's your birthday, you should get your wife to get you one" . I told him "get in, I'll take you for a birthday ride". As we drove to the track area he was Woo Hoo ing the whole way, waving his beer and beeming ear to ear. When we got back to his buddies, he jumped out, gave me a big bear hug and said it was the best birthday present he ever had!
fredgreen is offline   Reply With Quote