http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=2467
planzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:51 PM   #77
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Oddometer: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by planzman View Post
I saw that. Good idea, but I need to have a place for the real killer to sit. It may be time to get my trailer hitch installed.

Shoots her little 223 like a sniper. 60 yards through the brush to get this little "rabbit" and she centered the heart.
Estamos copados
Confusion to our enemies.Zaphod for president!!
matman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #78
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
"45 minutes later......

After ever other hunter who came in to get their deer had to look at the bike and shake their head in disbelief when the DP crew told them that i had infact hauled two deer in on the side car.

To many questions to list them all, just fun UDF.

Can't get that on a DR 650"

How big were the deer?

I rode 2-up with my wife all over McCain Valley to watch an observed trials event.

Check out YouTube for the "Trail Tail".

There is a guy building a hack for his DR650 on the site somewhere, he's not spending thousands of dollars. I'm pretty sure that if I spent $500 hacking my 650, it would be more off-roady than your 650 Ural. You said yourself that YOU didn't think $13 grand was really worth it for a Patrol.

Elliot Spitzer spent thousands on hookers to deal with his self esteem issues, for some guys maybe $13 large is a bargain after all?
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #79
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxmc View Post
"45 minutes later......

After ever other hunter who came in to get their deer had to look at the bike and shake their head in disbelief when the DP crew told them that i had infact hauled two deer in on the side car.

To many questions to list them all, just fun UDF.

Can't get that on a DR 650"

How big were the deer?

I rode 2-up with my wife all over McCain Valley to watch an observed trials event.

Check out YouTube for the "Trail Tail".

There is a guy building a hack for his DR650 on the site somewhere, he's not spending thousands of dollars. I'm pretty sure that if I spent $500 hacking my 650, it would be more off-roady than your 650 Ural. You said yourself that YOU didn't think $13 grand was really worth it for a Patrol.

Elliot Spitzer spent thousands on hookers to deal with his self esteem issues, for some guys maybe $13 large is a bargain after all?
For someone who doesn't like urals, you sure do seem to have a need to hunt every post about them don't you?
Estamos copados
Old 11-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #80
lemieuxmc
Banned

If you actually read my posts, you would realize that I think Urals are great fun. I just think that Ural should improve the areas that the Uralians think are weaknesses (brakes, 5 speed, transfer case, clutch) if they are going to charge that much.

You can buy a new DR650 and have Jay/DMC install an enduro chair for under $10 grand if you want function. When you buy a new Patrol you are more likely willing to pay for funktion. You can pay a lot of money for a Harley tattoo if you like that kind of thing as well.

I read almost all the posts (I can read really fast) and I noticed that YOU threw down a little DR650 reference.

Now if you jumped out of a tree butt-naked and choked the deer to death with your bare hands... well, that would be pretty sporty!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #81
4PawsHacienda
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 469
And it was such a nice positive thread full of good experiences............
4PawsHacienda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #82
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4PawsHacienda View Post
And it was such a nice positive thread full of good experiences............

Yep. I was really enjoying it.

It's a shame when somebody leaves the "Jack Ass" switch in the "Auto-Ass" position...

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
Heyload is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #83
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,825
I get a Bike Delay Factor big time on my Dong Fang hard tail and my Kawasaki W650.
Motorcyclist are always asking if either is an old Norton, Triumph, BSA, etc.
Lots of thumbs up from auto and bike drivers.
When I go to a bike night I have learned to park in a hidden spot or else I can't get away to go look at other bikes and what the vendors have.

Wait until I put a side car on the bobber.

I've seen two side car rigs here in the Fort Myers,FL area recently. Anyone from here?
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:31 AM   #84
matman1972
Lost in the woods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
I get a Bike Delay Factor big time on my Dong Fang hard tail and my Kawasaki W650.
Motorcyclist are always asking if either is an old Norton, Triumph, BSA, etc.
Lots of thumbs up from auto and bike drivers.
When I go to a bike night I have learned to park in a hidden spot or else I can't get away to go look at other bikes and what the vendors have.

Wait until I put a side car on the bobber.

I've seen two side car rigs here in the Fort Myers,FL area recently. Anyone from here?
Very cool.. I love the bobber, and the Kawasaki is a cool modern retro.

Just had my first ever "in garage" UDF yesterday. The house across the street from me belongs to some good friends who moved and were renting the house rather than try to sell it in this market. I have been property managing for them. The renters paid what it took to get in and never a penny more, so 3 months later we finally had the eviction scheduled with the sherrif's dept. He came over to check with me after the internal stuff was out because the renters who have been gone for about 3 weeks, left two abandonded vehicles (one of which is an old fj40) so we were getting that worked out. He saw the ural, and spent the next hour talking to me about it. Turns out he has a collection of older dirt bikes(including my fav, 441 victor) he rides near where I hunt, so he invited me to do a camping trip with him and his son.

Then he realized he was late for his next evic. lot of those going on aren't there?
Estamos copados

matman1972 screwed with this post 11-11-2011 at 07:36 AM
Old 11-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #85
lemieuxmc
Banned

Didn't see the owners on these two, but it would have been a delay moment for them as I wanted to ask about the history of choppers on Maui.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2011, 02:32 AM   #86
Brendan J
ONE HACK AT A TIME

Oddometer: 1,490
Had my outfit for about 2 months now and the delay factor is just starting to happen. Gets a bit annoying sometimes especially if I'm in a hurry to go somewhere. I certainly get plenty of looks but hasn't been a chick magnet yet but that may happen later.
Brendan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #87
cwadej
Keeper of the truth

Oddometer: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by slovenian6474 View Post
My best story so far was when I was on my way to work on the Ural. I was stopped at a light waiting for traffic to clear up before turning right. The last car happened to be the county sheriff. I pulled out, did the right turn and was speeding up. I saw the sheriff pull into a left turn only lane and I passed him. After that he pulled in right behind me and was following me for awhile. Now I didn't think I did anything illegal and was almost to work. I'd rather not have to deal with the drama of getting pulled over at work so before he would put on the lights, I turned into a gas station. He followed and pulled up next to me and asked what the hell I was riding! He proceed to ask a bunch of questions about the bike. It's probably the closest thing to actually getting pulled over in a Ural.
My wife had this happen about a year ago. It was a small town cop on his Harley. Followed us (i was on my bike) about 5 miles until we stopped. He wanted a ride so bad, but knew he'd probably lose his job if he was seen. Her ride:
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2011, 02:26 AM   #88
ClearwaterBMW OP
The Examiner

Oddometer: 5,972
i hope that we'll see many more additions to this thread, please
thank you, as always, in advance
Live life like you mean it... but take your family and friends (and DOGS) along for the "ride"
ClearwaterBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #89
MotoJ
Mobtown Hacker

Oddometer: 1,086
Wow, kids'll bob anything nowadays

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxmc View Post
Didn't see the owners on these two, but it would have been a delay moment for them as I wanted to ask about the history of choppers on Maui.
Looks like a Suzuki Savage 650 and a Honda Rebel 250 or 450. Either would make a capable around-town hack.
MotoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:11 AM   #90
Nuttymopar
Never a Dull Moment

Oddometer: 7
As if a Ural doesn't get enough UDF. I thought I would add a little more to get MORE attention.
Attached Images