Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #16
chasfactor
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
Greetings all,

Great thread!

I have ridden a KTM950 from Santiago to TDF to BA.
I am wondering if any of you guys would be interested in chasing the Dakar Rally this Jan?
I would rent a KTM990 in Santiago.
We need a person or persons that are very able to get us in the real "outback" to see some of the stages. This is not so easy without local knowledge or help.

Any ideas? Interested parties?

Would love to meet with like minded dual sporters! Love SA!

Admoto wants 8.5K to lead a 14 day tour that does about 30-40% off road.

Sincerely,

Chas Walter
Truckee, CA
chasfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
ChileGS
ChileGSer

Oddometer: 41
Chile Ralco to Lonquimay

I was out last weekend exploring a few routes, but in my pickup.

I got about 60 km out of Ralco climbing up the Alto Bio Bio when I hit ice and snow and had to turn back.

But I tallked to a few locals who told me that by mid October it should be no problem to get through on a bike to Lonquimay.

So I will plan a circle tour from Los Angeles up to Ralco, Lonquimay and back maybe through Temuco for some weekend in Oct or November with good weather.

But first I have to go back to Santiago and pick up my GS, maybe on Fiestas Patrias weekend.
ChileGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:14 AM   #18
Alcides
F800 GS Trophy

Oddometer: 20
Saludos desde Ovalle

Hola amigos:

Soy un amante de ADVRIDER y aventurero del Norte de Chile (Ovalle) con una BMW F650 Dakar 2005 (Perla Blue).

Trato de salir lo que mas puedo, siempre que la pega me lo permita, pero definitivamente empezare a salir mas, sobre todo al Sur, asi que Bernhard espero ir a verte pronto.

En estos momentos estoy de viaje de negocios en China hasta el 11 de Septiembre, por si alguien aparece por Ovalle.

Me encanataria programar una visita a Ovalle de los que mas puedan ir. Yo organizo todo, les digo cuanto sale y listo. Hay rutas y lugares muy lindos para visitar.

Saludos a todos!

F800 GS Trophy 12
F650 GS Dakar 06
Alcides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:13 AM   #19
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Oddometer: 115
Hey Chile GS
I am in, 12/13th of November would be better for me, before that I hace vistours from Europe.
looking forward to that tour for a while!!!
Cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChileGS View Post
I was out last weekend exploring a few routes, but in my pickup.

I got about 60 km out of Ralco climbing up the Alto Bio Bio when I hit ice and snow and had to turn back.

But I tallked to a few locals who told me that by mid October it should be no problem to get through on a bike to Lonquimay.

So I will plan a circle tour from Los Angeles up to Ralco, Lonquimay and back maybe through Temuco for some weekend in Oct or November with good weather.

But first I have to go back to Santiago and pick up my GS, maybe on Fiestas Patrias weekend.
BjoernTheH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Alcides,
espero verte por aqui en el sure - chelitas estan en frio ya. possiblemente ire al norte en moto en marzo/abril por unos 10 dias.
cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcides View Post
Hola amigos:

Soy un amante de ADVRIDER y aventurero del Norte de Chile (Ovalle) con una BMW F650 Dakar 2005 (Perla Blue).

Trato de salir lo que mas puedo, siempre que la pega me lo permita, pero definitivamente empezare a salir mas, sobre todo al Sur, asi que Bernhard espero ir a verte pronto.

En estos momentos estoy de viaje de negocios en China hasta el 11 de Septiembre, por si alguien aparece por Ovalle.

Me encanataria programar una visita a Ovalle de los que mas puedan ir. Yo organizo todo, les digo cuanto sale y listo. Hay rutas y lugares muy lindos para visitar.

Saludos a todos!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #21
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 406
Hi Bjoern & ADV riders in Chile,

Thanks for coming up with this great thread. I've been wondering how I was going to make things work over the next few months and then I came across you guys!

I'm coming to Temuco this weekend for 2 weeks. Visit my GF and spend a while in Pucon/Valdivea. No bike this time but I'm starting to make plans to follow the Dakar the first week in January. May have to fly my WR to Santiago and ride from there. Also looking at buying used WR 250R from US and seeing if Gaston could ship to Valpariso. Either way It's time to turn over a new leaf and do something I've wanted to for the past 9 years...I'm going riding in Chile!!!

It'd be great to meet up.

Cheers

Geoff
ICERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #22
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Hey Geoff,
I life and work in Temuco and am going to be in Pucon for the weekend around the 18th - go to the Treehouse Hostel on General Urrutia # Colo Colo there you can ask for Bernhard and they normally know how to find me.
Cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICERIDER View Post
Hi Bjoern & ADV riders in Chile,

Thanks for coming up with this great thread. I've been wondering how I was going to make things work over the next few months and then I came across you guys!

I'm coming to Temuco this weekend for 2 weeks. Visit my GF and spend a while in Pucon/Valdivea. No bike this time but I'm starting to make plans to follow the Dakar the first week in January. May have to fly my WR to Santiago and ride from there. Also looking at buying used WR 250R from US and seeing if Gaston could ship to Valpariso. Either way It's time to turn over a new leaf and do something I've wanted to for the past 9 years...I'm going riding in Chile!!!

It'd be great to meet up.

Cheers

Geoff
Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #23
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Pucon,

Hi Bjoern,

I arrive Santiago this Saturday night. Down to Temuco for a couple of days, then Pucon Tuesday/Wednesday but I guess you'll be back in Temuco by then. Catch up with you there perhaps. I'm staying next to the Porto Mall.

I like the sound of some the routes you guys are planning, and great they are sending the Dakar through your beautiful country again.

See you.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:53 AM   #24
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

hey Chasfactor,
talk to Erik from http://www.rideadv.com/ he has good deals and good knowledge about the area.

Cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasfactor View Post
Greetings all,

Great thread!

I have ridden a KTM950 from Santiago to TDF to BA.
I am wondering if any of you guys would be interested in chasing the Dakar Rally this Jan?
I would rent a KTM990 in Santiago.
We need a person or persons that are very able to get us in the real "outback" to see some of the stages. This is not so easy without local knowledge or help.

Any ideas? Interested parties?

Would love to meet with like minded dual sporters! Love SA!

Admoto wants 8.5K to lead a 14 day tour that does about 30-40% off road.

Sincerely,

Chas Walter
Truckee, CA
Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #25
o*o
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Cool2

Hi Chas & Geoff,

Chasing Dakar may fit into my plans too. I'm planning on riding to Rio before Carnival which means leaving Lake Arrowhead California in mid December.My route is flexible but thinking of the Stahlratte through the Darian Gap. Aprehensive about Columbia and Equador though.
Quote:
I like the sound of some the routes you guys are planning, and great they are sending the Dakar through your beautiful country again...
o*o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:33 AM   #26
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Hey Macus,
amazing pics you have there on your thread - give me a shout when you are installed in the lake district and organize a little bike meeting somewhere there.
Cheers
B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelo5sur View Post
Hi Guys

I m in Viñadel Mar. During spring and summer I ll move to the south (lake district)
I get a Honda TA650 , and i use to ride 2up with my wife.

Somes week ago i wrote a treath for chile ´s pictures , in order to show Chile ´s beauties

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702886

If you add pics , will be nice

Hugs

Marcelo
Old 10-17-2011, 11:12 AM   #27
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Sunday Ride from Temuco to Pucon via Regolil

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272

BjoernTheH screwed with this post 10-17-2011 at 11:37 AM
Old 10-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #28
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

Hey Bjoern, Nice pictures, beautiful area. Dont tell me...you rode across the bridge taking pictures?
Old 10-18-2011, 04:41 AM   #29
BjoernTheH OP
Chile

Hey Icerider
I see you arrived back on your island. Hope everything is alright there.
I walked over the bridge and thought in case I would have to cross it would not be a very pleasent task to do.
the handrails are very low and the whole construction swings a bit more with every step you take.
If you think that on the other side of the bridge are people living and this is their only acces to a proper road, then I am very happy to live in this side!
cheers
B.

P.s.: why dont you show us some pictures of your island?

Quote:
Hey Bjoern, Nice pictures, beautiful area. Dont tell me...you rode across the bridge taking pictures?

ADV Riders in Chile
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=699272
Old 10-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #30
ICERIDER
Adventure Rider

P.s.: why dont you show us some pictures of your island?[/QUOTE]

Hi Bjoern,

I'm still in Ireland at the moment visiting family. Returning to Falklands next week.

Have a look here for some Falkland photos;
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...9337&page=1623 POST 24339

I'm starting to get serious now about preparing my bike for Dakar. And myself....I need to learn Spanish and loose a few KG!

Keep riding.