Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 12:44 AM   #571
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,149
Just had a great few days at the Brno Motogp here in ther Czech Republic met so many cool people and plenty of smiles but didnt get on the piss other than a few beers even when I was invited and the majority of the campsite was in party mode, I have always wanted to be here and i wasnt really wanting to do it on a hangover and it all worked out great. The campsite was so funny a madhouse so funny watching guys air guitaring with wigs on the whole kit music blaring a but like Kiss without the make up really, they had the crew rocking.

There was all manner of things to make noise from home made motorbikes on a pallet just to start up and rev to guys walking aroudn with chain saws without the chain old motors on tqo car tyres a smaller wheel on the front with a bar that could hold 10 people being towed aroudn the campsite, kids and small frys boring around on the mini bikes, fire crackers goign off everywhere and I mean firecrackers they were goign hundreds iof feet into the air and exploding in a shower of light, other guys were jsut throwing explosive crackers on the ground everywhere with an all mighty book that woudl shake your chest I dont think any one in that cakpsite wouldnt fo jumped out of their skin at some stage on the weekend.
The cops were at the gate checjking everyones paperwork which was good in a way as they were making sure no one wandered in off the street and took off with someone elses bike, that did end up being a bit of a hassle for me as I had lost my bill of sale papers somewhere along the line but when I asked about it i got chatting toa cop Vladamir and he ended up being the cheif of police in Brno so he gave me his business card and said any issues just get them to ring me, to easy so when i went to the gate again I just showed them the card and what paperwork I had so it was all sweet. Thanks Vladamir.

The facilities were basically none existent well actually pretty disgraceful but being in Africa for a year sort of prepares you for anything when it comes to that sort of thing, so no shower for a few days crapping in a hole in the ground well at least theres a wall so your not doing it in public, if your into the finer things in life this definatly not the camping sitre for you 4000 lunatics going off their heads so funny, in saying that I saw no trouble at all it was like they open the gates to this paddock it was a massive free for all do what ever you like and piss off on Monday morning after the racing and try and leave your rubbish in a bag if you coudl be bothered which by the look of it no one could be lol.
Tonight after all the racing was finished I bumped into a Kiwi dude Carl whose been licving in London for 20 years and an American guy Greg so it was nice to sit down and have a chat with a crew of guys that could just jibber shit to without haivng to talk slow and say things 10 times over. Carls off to Bratislava in the morning its only a about 2 hours away so hes convinced me to go for a ride over there for a few days thought might as duck over to Slovakia and have a looks see although I am limited by time to get up into Scandinavia before it gets to cold, oh well ill deal with that as it comes around. I was going to be heading up to Krakow but its all really pretty close around here theres 4 countries within a stones throw of each other Czech Rep, Slovakia, Austria and Hungary.

Was good to talk and see where everyone was going I didnt realise Auswitz the concentration camp is not far from here up just south of Krakow so that puts that on the agenda ill have to go check that out while im in this area one of those places we have all heard about in history.

There was so much more and so many more people that I met I probably should of blogged a little more but it was just so fantastic to acheive a goal of attending the Brno Motogp, i probably should of contacted Randy (Mamola) who I met all that time ago in Zambia with Alvaro Beautista and sussed out some access to some of the other areas of the track but I sort of dont like to impose on people by asking for things but he did say if i was ever going to a motogp to email him so oh well maybe next time ive got Laguna Seca on my radar at some stage in my world trip so maybe for there.
All in all a great weekend ive uploaded a few of the pictures that I was lucky enough to take so all good.
Tomorrow Bratislava so what that place is like I have no idea it will be interesting.
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:05 AM   #572
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Just had a few days now in Bratislava the ride over was pretty easy about 2 houirs max bloody motorway all the way so no big deal.

About the most exciting thing to happen on the ride over was we stopped for a break and Carl walked around the back of the Cafe and came back shouting for me to come over and have a look at this and there in this pen is a bloody emu im not kidding you that was random in the middle of the Czech rep was an Emu in someones backyard, how the hell they got that their im pretty sure it wouldnt of been legally.

As we got on the bikes to leave a couple of girls pulled into the cafe for lunch and one of them caught my eye friggin caught my eye she was stunningly gorgeous, as she walked past with her son I said hello and got the most beautiful smile back, I Just thougth to myself this isnt real bloody real, man oh man the Czech chicks are like popeyes chicken, friggin awesome. Im sitting there gawking at this angel and Carl's already on up the road on his bike waiting for me having a chat to some other bikers that have come into the the carpark so im just sitting there on my bike with my tongue on the ground umming and arrring about whether I should get back off the bike and go say hello. i give it some thought and think nahhhh what the hell ill probably never see her again anyway so ride up to Carl and stop to talk to the guys as well. One of them has had a major melt down his crank case cover has just exploded totally random how that happened god will only know but theres oil all over the ground and he aint going nowhere.

All the while im looking back at this chick thinking fuck I should of said hello to her, so since we arent off up the road yet I say to Carl wait here ill be back in a minute. So I jump off the bike take my helmet off and walk on back into the cafe to say hello. Zdenka hardly spoke English so the conversation was brief. but we swapped details and I think I got a yes to lunch in a town call Hustopece south of Brno if I get there, shit that might have to be on the radar somewhere along the line shes a absolute stunningly beautiful woman what the meaning of milf is meant to mean im sure ahahahah So off we went having met a gorgeous girl and and Emu in a totally random stop pretty interesting if i do say so, its a bloody classic this riding around the world you just dont know what is around the corner. Im glad i went back to talk to her you know when your gut instinct is to talk to someone or do something well i tend to listen to that alot more now and if my guts were saying get off the bike and go and say hello thats exactly what i was going to do. I followed all the way along it still reminds me of the two little girls in the slums in Nairobi that I had this overwhelming urge that I needed to do something more for them, but I walked away and and will never see them again and I will always wonder why I had that thought i my head, Im guessing because I was just totally overwhelmed at the time by everything that sourrounded me there, that certainly was an incredible day one ill never forget as long as I live and especially those two little girls. Pretty much the only other time my gut instinct was telling me something and i didnt listen was when I didnt leave Tina in Hurghada and just piss off ahahahah She still comes into my mind alot fair dinkum, get out you weirdo.

We arrived in town and sat down for a coffee and asked somewhere where to stay and fortunalty we had pulled up a 100 metres from a great hostel if not a little expensive its really good with a great vibe clean the staff are excellent and its pretty busy with tourists so if your ever coming this way highly recomend the blues Hostel, 5 minutes walk from the old town in the centrum.

We have been hanging out in the local cafes that line the old town for a few days now having a great optical shit its simply amazing the amount of beautiful women here im going to have to track down the factory where they churn em out and go buy myself a bag for later lol

The old town is beautiful apparently when the russkies came in here 70% of it was destroyed but theres still a fair but but it certainly is pretty impressive. Im constantly amazed at these citiues that you have some preconceived idea what its going to be like only to be blown away with how beautiful it is.

The people here are all very freindly Slovakia has quickly jumped into my top three countries even though ive only been here so briefly. Most of the locals can speak English which makes communication easy, the women are stunning and the food is great and really cheap if your on a budget. I went to the supermarket yesterday and bought a loaf of bread a tub of butter and a 1/3 of a kilo of ham and it cost me 2.50 euro so friggin cheap mate, in Switzerland that woudl of probably cost me 15 bucks they are a joke there arent they for dinkum fancy ripping off your local people to that extend. Got to pay for your luxury cruises and boats somehow dont you. I actually heard that Switzelrand has the highest suicide rate in the world the other day, well i can understand that if you lost a job or had shit go against you over there you'd be foooked basically, so im guessing thats why that would be.

Had a night out with Carl the other night did a pub crawl then hit the strip joints if your coming here to do that forget it they are shit theres better chicks on the street then in those joint and if you think you are going to buy them a drink the 30 euro a pop wil change your mind, fuck that. Got totally shitfaced though and ended up walking back in the door to the hostel at around 4:40 am so that put paid to any travel plans today im going to relax take it easy and do sweet fa.

I like Bratislava I could see myself coming back here definatly.

Me Greg US left, Carl middle NZ and me before we left Brno

Bratislava

Breakfast in Bratislava

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-06-2012 at 04:41 PM
Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #573
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Got up and packed the bike me and Carl were off to Cseke Krumlove a Unesco world heritage town in the south of the Czech republic, its good to hook up sometimes with these guys that have an agenda they come up with some great things to see and although im wasting time when I really should be getting north to Scandinavia its all good.

We hit the motorways for awhile then got off and hit some back roads but still not really what you would call outstanding motorcycling roads but I was definatly going to sleep on the motorways they bore the shit out of you straight away.
We got stuck into it a little bit on one section carls on an Aprillia 1000 so im doing ok to keep up with him but there really is a limit on these roads and it doesent matter what bike you are on.

We arrived at Ceske Krumlove in the afternoon it ended up taking us most of the day as we fart assed around as you do stopping for lunch in one of the random little villages, there certainly is some nice little spots around here in the sothern regions of the Czech Rep.

Arrived at the camp site just out of town ands put the tents up so that was ok had a bit to eat and hung out for awhile till it got dark then we walked up to a little bar up the hill and had a beer. The weather was starting to change and thunder and lightening was on its way and no sooner had we decided to go back to the tents and down it came, boom.

No bit deal I was in my tent Carl got stuck over in the Cafe trying to charge his Gps and when he came back later he had got side tracked while the storm was on by some friendly locals throwing shots down his guts.

From what I can see of the local blokes they seem to be all pissheads around here I dont think ive seen any one without a beer in their hand and there certainly is a few motely crew hanging around this park.

Anyway a fairly decent ride over from Bratislava to Ceske Krumlove will go into the town tomorrow Carl is thinking of staying a few days here but im going to pack up go for a walk around town and see where i end up i really need to start making tracks north. If I want to get to Nordkapp before it freezes over ill have to get moving its over 3000 k's away, in saying that i could probably knock that out in a few days if I got stuck into it but there is Lithuania, Lativa, Belarus, St Petersberg in Russia and Finland along the way so a fair bit to see still. Not that its all that important I get o Nordkapp but it would be nice to say ive been to the northern most point of Scandinavia and the riding up there looks and apparently is amazing coming back down the coast of Norway, we will see.

So i've got my next plan of attack well an truely in mind now and that is north again I guess when I get there then when someone asks me where im going i can just give them the thumb and point >>>>>> that way, well in fact it will be VVVVV that way for awhile for winter till its >>>> that way ahahahah

Still got lots of riding to do and simply loving it im actually enjoying being on my bike more than I am off it lately maybe ill have to slow down and smell the roses i am rushing around like a chook with its head cut off to a degree but there is just so much to see and just about every other motorcyclist I meet is doing the same thing up here although they are only doing it for 3 weeks a year im doing it one after the other after the other.

Oh well another day on the bike and lets see tomorrow why this is such a famous and heritage town better be friggin good or ill be pissed right off ahahahah

Nice castle by the river on the way to Ceske Krumlov

Ceske Krumlove

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-06-2012 at 04:57 PM
Old 08-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #574
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Got up reasonably early my tent got a bit of water in it last night I had forgotten to close the zipper fully and it had leaked down into the tent and into my pillow and under my self inflating mattress. It woke me up at first I thought I had pissed myself ahhahahah well im blaming the rain, no it was and everything was a little damp fortunalty through the night it wasnt cold at all and I had to actually take my jumper off so it was ok, I just pulled my towell out and wiped it up and then put it under me and went back to sleep no dramas.

It obvioulsy didnt bother me to much cause when I got up Carl was already over had breakfast and I was still just dragging my hump out of the tent at 9:30 . We hung around for awhile then I packed up just in case I had enough and wanted to piss off and then we walked on over to the town.

I must say the town is quite impressive but meh you seen one Czech village you seen them all ahahahahah all jokes aside it was pretty nice strolling around town an the cobbled stoned roads and all the little old buildings and then up into the Palace or castle what ever you want to call it.

Carls like an old mole when it comes to sightseeing, fuck me dead I was walking slowly as anyone that knows me or has seen me walk in the last few years but fair dinkum i found my self waiitng for him alllllll the time, if he was a chick looking at bra's id be cool with it but hes not hes looking at postcards ahahahahahah fucken hurry up mate.

Stopped in a nice little chinese for dinner in a decent little restaurant with Carl telling stories of how he killed rats in a bin as dinner was being served just what you need to hear at dinner time ahahahahh made me feel like I was back in Egypt.

We walked around for hours and then headed back I decided I was going to stay as it was already 6 oclock and when we got back to the camp site it had stopped raining so I decided to put my tent back. Unpacked then you wouldnt believe as im putting the tent up bang one of the poles breaks, for fook sakes man ive been putting that tent up since decekmber 2011 so ok no biggie im off this, its obviously telling me to blow this candy stand, so I pack back up put all my gear back on the bike say good bye to Carl and ride off. I wasnt going to go to far my headlight has blown again for the 3rd time on the bike you would think it would be a warranty issue on the Gs 800 as im not the only one that seem to have this issue but ill have to get it fixed at some stage anyway.

Rode back into town and found the Amedeus Hotel nice looking joint 1000 czech about 50 aussie so all good, pretty nice room actually.

Carl mention the church of bones just up near Prague so tomorrow im off up that way and then into Prague got somewhere booked for the first time in awhile being a city and all I just thought id grab an apartment for a few days right in the centre of town, I think it was about 80 bucks aussie a night a bit expensive but ill buy some food in the supermarket to save a little. Ill have to track down a tent pole in the next few days or even buy a new tent as im going to be doing a fair bit of camping up in Scandinavia oh that all depends on how long for and if Vaivas comes over from Scotland which she said she would in a few weeks, I think it would be good to have her in the eastern bloc more than in Scandinavia where everything will be so much more expensive, thats just the cheap bastard in me though.

Now just chillin out I just met a few danish guys on a ride down to Austria and they have invited me to their clubs 40th reunion gig so that might be an excuse to make tracks that way its on the 29th September so I have just under a month to get aroung Scandinavia about 6000'ks, im pretty sure if I dont head south by then ill be freezing my balls off so gives me a good reason to get up and down in Scandinavia, it would be nice to just go up and down in Scandinavia too and not just the riding ahahahah geeez I dont knwo what do you take me for being the sweet lovable christian guy I am that isnt goign to happen ahahaha yeah right harden up princess, ill be chatting up some of those nude chicks that just walk around the streets in Stockholme, well they better be anyway ahahahahah Somehow I think Swedens going to dissapoint me lmao

Got my czech sticker I can leave now lol

He died on the cross to forgive our sins, thats so cool im going to get stuck in then

If you listen closely I think you can hear me muttering hurry up for fucks sake mate lol

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-06-2012 at 05:33 PM
Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #575
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Woke about 8 and got packed up, most of the stuff I had left on the bike last night as it was parked in a pretty secure car park so that was handy. I was just going to piss off without seeing Carl but thought I better go and see if hes still around and say see ya properly as I sort of just pissed off last night as I was tired it was getting late and Id had a gutful basically.

Id sort of had enough of Carl in the last few days his fart assin around was driving me mad it took an age to do anything with him and im not the most patient of people at the best of times I just hate waiting for other people to do fuck all but seriously hes like and old mole dead set.

I get on the bike and ride back over the few ks to the camp site thinking he may of already left but hes only half packed so stop and have a chat and say that ok ill go have breakfast get all the rest of gear organised and meet him at 10.

Ok I go back over have a shower breakfast a chat with the danish guys for awhile then go get on my bike at 10 thinking he will be over soon , well 2 ciggies later im thinkig what the fuck ill go over and catch him there so off i go.
Get to the camp site and his shit is still on the ground all over the pace for fucks sake thats it, man oh man this dudes terrible hes had an hour and done basically nothing he said he unpacked it all cause it was wet and wanted to make sure it was dry I said yeah thats cool but fuck it mate im out of here. He says cant you wait 15 minutes and I say no mate I ve had breakfast a shower a chat with three people and a few ciggies and your still not ready im out of here check you later, shake his hand start the bike and fuck off.

Now I was just riding up the way toward Prague towards the Church of Bones a pretty uneventful ride for the first 100 k's and a little bit of rain but nothing to bad.

As im going up the highway I see a sign for a motorcycle museum only 8 k's off the highway so think what the hell that could be interesting so head in. It was pretty well sign posted but I was certainly getting into the back woods of the Czech Rep in there if it was in America you'd expect an old dude to be chewing on a some tobaccie and whittlin with a gun next to his rocker.

Came to this little village with a church like building and that was the museum the only thing missing was the banjo playing, got off the bike and knocked on the door and this old digger came out and yeah ok he opens up the museum and in i go. Im guessing they dont get swamped with customers down here but some of the stuff in here was a classic, really interesting.

The old bloke couldnt speak english so he got on the phone and a few minutes later his grand son came in dressed in his army fatigues looking like hes just come out of the deliverance, he could speak basic english so he gave me the run down on all the stuff in there which was cool, they were really nice and friendly although i somehow could picture myself hanging upside in a barn on a meat hook with the last drops of blood dripping from my body there too lol.
I took a photo of the boys got on the bike and hit the road again, Prague was still about 150 k's away so a little while to go yet but not that far and the church of bones was give or take about 80.

The road just beofre the village had been diverted a few k's back into the surrounding fields which actually was probably the best part of the days riding only 10 or so k's but fun all the same. When I got into the town I stopped at the first church I saw to ask someone if they knew where I was going cause I certainly didnt, I was jsut lucky I was in the right town and with me even the right country ahhaha

So pull up and you guessed it a gorgeous little chick sitting in her car is right there, now come on I didnt pull in there cause i saw her ummm ok i did but fuck it there was her and a crusty old bag raking some leaves so whose going to be able to speak english ahahahahah yeah good excuse i reckon. We get talking she owns an unlisenced gun shop in town for all manner of guns from air rifles to the big poppers so obvioulsdy im guessing she feels comfortable talking to me as she probably as a glock under her skirt, not that I was looking I was to busy looking at her tits lmao shes moving house this weekend and was waiting for the truck I thought about cracking a joke what did you say your waiting for a fuck but being the nice guy I am I kept my snide comments to myself.

She gave me the tips on the church of bones so said our goodbyes and off I went I was pretty close to it actually which was good so 5 minutes later im pulling up out the front, ok its got a name but geez if you have been reading my blog you will know its in one ear out the other with me, its called google, i might start calling every thing and town I dont know google lol
I was just sitting on my bike and started chatting to another biker from the czech rep he could only basically speak english but we got some sense out of each other, he was from Prague and riding down here with hsi girl for the day.

A Canadian guy hitch hiking around Europe came up for a chat so had a ciggarette chatting to him then he was off and out of there and i was off into the church.

The place is quite amazing made up of the remains of over 40 000 people which were dug up to make room for the next batch of dead people lol its really impressive ill just upload pics im sure you have all seen it before somewhere along the line.

Definatly worth a visit if your around this way pretty cool really and there's a few other Unesco churches in this area too so if your into that shit im sure you would love it for me I saw the church of bones rode past the others and blew the joint, bloody christians lol ok im going to hell but I get 500 years in pegatory before I have a chance to get out of there so its a little bit of partying and anyway who the fuck wants to go tip toe through the tulips with grandma id be fine with that for about 30 seconds then be shouting someone kill me, so its damned if you do and damned if you dont in the real world so im just not going to give a damn.

Hit the road to Prague and I knew the apartment where I was staying was in the centre of town so that was going to make it somewhat easy so just rode all the way in and kept on the signs to the centrum. As im cruising into the main part of town a pretty sexy women pulls along side me in a black Carrera Porche you know just beautiful so I do what any blue blooded American would do I blew her a kiss ok im an Aussie so I blew her a kiss then licked my lips too and smiled, she just had a nice big smile on her face and took off up the road my first glimps of Prague mmmm very nice indeed lol and I did do that actually I dont give a rats ass shes hot and shes drivfing a Porche what am I supposed to do chuck her my empty wallet lol

Arrived in town pretty close to the main part and thought ill stop and ask someone if they know where the address is before my phone dies and you wouldnt believe it Im having a chat with a dude and Carl rides past sees me and pulls over. Ok my place is around the corner I cant really not say to him you cant stay there as I had already mentioned it to him so we ride the 200 metres and park out the front that was all to easy.

I was a bit hesitant about Carl being here he was starting to shit me the other day being so slow with everything but oh well its all cool hes not a bad dude ill just make my own space and go for my own walks.
We check in the rooms pretty nice only a few hundred metres from the main mall so all really handy, Im not even sure how much im paying i think it was 80 bucks a night oh well whatever a little bit to much but ill grovell again at some stage to cover that.

Gas mask and machine standard equipment with motorcycling in the eastern bloc in the old days

Grand dad and grand son really nice guys but definaly not used to Australians turning up id imagine

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-06-2012 at 07:48 PM
Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #576
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The Church of Bones, this place is a classic, I can see it now, hey joe what are you up to today, oh nothing much thought i might dig up a few graves and make something out of the bones yeah good idea ill give you a hand. So this could be just the finished product of two bored bums.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #577
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Prague on the first evening walk.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #578
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a really nice day today sort of slept in and then me and Carl started down into town for a look around. He was taken his sweet friggin time so at the first corner it was adios amigos I went right and he went which ever way he did. I walked down into the old town it really is nice here the old grand buildings dating back to whenever the cobbled stone roads through little alleys its excellent. Was jsut walkign to nowhere takign pictures there is jsut so many to take around here not jsut of the buildings too theres hot chicks at every turn.

Walking along minding my own business and this guy walks past and looks a little lsot so I say hello to him he turns out to be an aussie from Port Macquarie back in Oz only a few hundred k's from home so we get chattign and have a walk around for awhile. We were down the waterfront and I spotted this gorgeous blonde so I say my good byes and head off to have a chat to her instead you know cant spend to long with a bearded backpacker when theres so many hot chicks around its not good for the image lol

No luck there lost her in the crowd anyway but its nice to cruise by yourself jsut having a good ol optical at everything. I was taking a picture of a little laneway with some trendy looking chick walking a dog down it and another girl so took a photo and headed off.

Started walking up the road and come across one of the girls that had been in my photo so said hello, she had seen me take it and mentioned that she had a dog the same and was watching her too. We get chatting and Taya is jsut walking around the streets killing time so we walk together for awhile and head to a park to sit down. Taya is 28 year old Czech but lived half her life in Hong Kong and the other half here , is an architech and has a business dealing with the Chinese. Obviously pretty smart and very attractive. We hang out for awhile in the park then walk back into town she had to go which was shame but s only in Prague for another few weeks then back to Hong Kong to work for another 6 months there.

we strolled through town for a little longer than she had planned im pretty sure but it was really nice to meet her they do say the Czech girls are a little more closed abotu talkign and that was pretty evident even that she was only here half her life there were a few questions I asked she sort of looked at me and gave me that look, stuff that we would just talk about in every day conversation pretty much, maybe I do ask a little more personal questions but its the only way to get know someone isnt it and its nice to get an insight into someone from another world and to do that you need to ask questions. Said my goodbyes to her and she went into the subway was really nice hour or two.
Walking along for alittle bit more just checking stuff out and was getting pretty lost by this time so pulled the map out and jsut as I did another nice girl walk past so I jsut asked her where was Zi and she poined it out to me. She was headign in the other direction so I asked her what she was doign and she said jsut walking so I said do you mind if I join you and she was cool with that so off we went.

Ewa pronounced Eva was from Poland workign here in Prague as an accountant. we walked and we walked and chatted and chatted she was really nice not your drop dead bombshell that stalks the streets everywhere and no im not talkign about myself here but jsut really easy to talk to spoke great English and had a great sense of humour so we had a lot of good laughs. In the ned she came back to my apartment to have alook at my bike as we were only about 15 minutes away. Ewa invited to take me for a walk to the Prague castle by night she said it was really nice so we went up to see if Carl was home and if he wanted to come. We get upstair carl was there and so we had a chat, he was sort of keen but when he started friggin aroudn preparing some food i though lets just blow this joint. I knew how long Carl woudl be it was getting on towards 7 by now so me and Ewa just hit the road.

We walked down to the road and jumped a tram 30 minutes to the other side of the city up to the top of the castle and then walked all the way home it was such a nice walk, the crowds had thinned out the company was excellent and we found ourselves holding hands walking along taking in the sights of Prague. It really is a romantic city it was just felt pretty right to be just walking hand in hand arm in arm after only knowing each other for about 5 hours.
Ewa took me through the castle and down the back alleyways through the top of town spots you would never find if didnt live here for awhile or have a guide it was really nice and a beautiful evening for a walk.

The converstaion got to sex at some stage earlier in the day of course and she told me the Czech girls are easy and i would have no probs getting one of them straight away but the Polish girls you have to wait about 10 days so by this hour later at night I was starting to ask has it been 10 hours yet ahahahah we had a great day and night together she really is a beauitful girl, i say girl cause shes only 27. What a great day my first day in Prague and irts been absolutely amazing and to meet Ewa made it all that little bit more special.

we walked for a few more hours and then headed back over towards my place she was getting a tram from there as she had to work early in the morning, I did ask her up stair but she said what about Carl to which I responded dont worry about him ill suffocate with a pillow him or lock him in the toilet or give him some headphones to listen to some music to which hed probably be singing oh yeah baby oh yeah baby or some song like that lol it was all just good fun I wasnt going to be taking her home we had a such a nice day together the last thing id want to do is spoil it with a pathetic 2 minute finaly ahahahaha I can brag cant i lol

We have organised to catch up at some stage again ive made a a change of plans im not going up into Scandinavia now im going to slow up ive got no time frame for this trip so why bolt up to Nordecapp and back 6000 k's when Ive got a deadline to be out of there before the places freezes over, ill just go up there next year and take my time. i really want to spend some time riding through Norway and the fiords.

It actually feels so much more relaxed just making that decision knowing that I can just chillax and not rush off with a deadline.
What a beautiful day to be alive walking the streets of Prague seeing beautiful sights and meeting nice people along the way.

Taya from the Czech Republic a nice introduction to Prague thats for sure

I went to take few pictures of the pretty park and beautiful old buildings surrounding the park but this was the best looking thing I saw

Standard monument in the eastern bloc

The photo I was taking when I met Taya

Quaint accomadation here in Prague lol

Ewa from Poland waht a sweetheart

Me and Ewa

Looking back up to the castle from the Charlse bridge

Old 09-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #579
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Just went for a ride around Prague today Carl was off doing his own thing, the roads are not ideal for superbikes around here with most of the streets close to the city are cobble stones and pretty bumpy it was a bit of a chore on the beemer let alone his Aprillia. It really is a nice town this joint i like it alot ill probably stay alittle while longer, its nice to have made the decision to slow up it really makes me feel more relaxed about things.

Only rode for a few hours then came back and hung out. Ewa worked late so didnt hear back from her so maybe tomorrow we will catch up last night was a nice time i like her company.

Me and Carl went for a walk into the centre of town his leaving in the morning so hes keen to get into some action of some sorts and one of the Nigerian boys convinced him to venture up the lane way to one of the clubs I brushed that idea im not really into that scene its just a couple of chicks badgering you to buy them a drink and jump on your lap and charge you shitloads for the priveledge id much prefer to walk the streets during the day and beg for charity.

Got an email from Zdenka when I got home the gorgeous girl i met int he cafe the other day on the way to Bratislava yippee ki aye motherfucker oh well shes in another city and wants to meet up but ill see it might be a good excuse to head down south towards her and then over to Krakow. She says we can meet but she is in training for Miss Olympia and is on a strict diet thats cool a cheap lunch one lettuce leaf and a glass of water should do it just perfect being the cheap bastard I am.

Carl came home later and had a few presents for everyone, glass figurines and when he pulled out a glass clown that he had bought for himself and sat on my bed to show me i said come on mate get the fuck off my bed or ill throw you out the window ahahahaha so funny

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 02:32 AM
Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #580
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Went down and got a Czech sim card so im easier to track down and its easier to contact people I think ill be in the Czech Rep for a little while and for the sake of 10 bucks or whatever it is. Im guessing its not like Africa where you give your phone number to a girl and you get about 20 calls a day, well missed calls in my case, it was just to funny watching the phone ring and ring and ring geez what did they expect for me to answer it ahahahaha

Came back and Carl was all but packed friggin hell I wasnt more than an hour thats amazing ahahahahah its actually been ok this time maybe cause we were in nicer digs and made our own space, i think if we lived out of each others pockets for more than a few days more id be ready to kill him ahahahaha bloody Kiwis

In saying that hes a pretty good guy but when he came home last night with the glass clown he was about 2 seconds from being a dead man ahahahahaha a little bit close for comfort there buddy lmao

Said my good byes to Carl downstairs and off he went I have my apartment to myself now so thats i like my own space and its just more relaxing and i can walk around and spank the monkey without him watching ahahahahaha spank the monkey lmao as if, theres so many gorgeous chicks around here its not even a real challenge to pick em up with my devilshy handsome good looks and my witty sense of humour not to mention my love of jibbering shit to all and sundry lol

Ewa rang me up this afternoon and invited me out again so were off to dinner and a walk around town so that was nice, shes great company and the restaurant she took me to was bloody lush. There is so many nice little restaurants and cafes in this town if you wanted to eat in them all it would take you a million years so it was nice to have some inside info on a good one.

We walked around town for a few hours holding hands and cuddling I tell you this town is pretty romantic it just seemed like the right thing to do although holding my hand I did offer her something else to hold and no it wasnt my wallet lol but being the nice girl she is she declined and being the nice guy I grabbed her hand and made her anyway lmao

We had such a nice night she has to work ealry in the morning so we had to call it a night early. What a really nice day and evening, I actually like Ewa oh ok I like em all but you know what I mean.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 02:40 AM
Old 09-10-2012, 02:19 AM   #581
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Relaxing day today did sweet Fa just walked around locally up the other way today theres a whole other world up ther full of cafes and stuff to see and a bloody good optical too it must be the centre tram underground stop cause your eyes nearly pop out of your head every 10 seconds the wild life around here is as good as any game reserve I went to in Africa unfortunalty they might as well be talking lion or hippo as I cant understand a word of Czech so that kills the odds a little.

Met up with Ewa again after work and we walked around town and back to the restaruant for dinner again just spent the whole evening chatting laughing and enjoying each others company, its funny shes not one of the drop dead bombshell you see on every corner and no im not talking about the hookers but the more i hang with her the more her beauty comes out i could get comfortable here but in the back of my mind ive got the starving model Miss Olympia to get me out of town if i need a push.

Well ive just got the call that Micheal the guy who owns this joint hadnt booked me in for the weekend like he had said so I have to leave on Saturday morning thats good ive got a deadline now which is always handy, I know I could just move next door or something but meh its onwards and upwards to somewhere else.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #582
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Went for a walk around town this morning trying to organise that tent pole, no luck, shit looks like im going to have to buy a new tent, fook that if I do that it has cost me 200 bucks for a pole but the tent is 2 years old the zippers are pretty shit now and keep coming apart and its probably due for a re waterfroof spray shit or whatever you do to them to keep them waterproof. The camping gear here seems to be very expensive but I am looking in the top of the range shops here in the centre of town thats never going to help, oh well if I need to ill have too but ill try again somewhere before I do lash out.

Was just hanging around and bumped into a few Irish boys who had just arrived on a stags weekend and they were off to the pub to watch the Irish play Kazakstan so thought what the hell ill head on down with them.

Was just sitting there having a few beers and got on the wifi to check my mails and there was an email from the starving model (Ewa named her that) Zdenka again, oh ok shes in Brno tomorrow and wants to meet me in the Freedom square how good is that to easy i was leaving anyway and now I have somewhere to go back to Brno. i came to the Motogp but didnt get into town at all so it will be nice to see the centrum and what the freedom Square has to offer.
Left the pub to go start packing and when I got home there was a message from Ewa on my phone her friends from Poland hadnt arrived and would I like to catch up again, no probs ill be there in an hour ill catch the tram over so off I went.
Got the tram over to Ewa's and we met up and went for a walk on her side of town. We walked through this monastry yeah bloody christians their everywhere I wonder how many innocents were put to death here over the years. We walked it through and when we got out the other side there was this restaurant over looking the city, bloody amazing view. We stopped and looked at the menu but it was bucket loads but the view was incredible you couldnt take a picture to do it justice so I just said come on we are having a drink at least in here.

We got a table on the edge of the restaurant overlooking all of Prague it was such a romantic spot and to be there with Ewa was really nice so of course I just hads to say, isnt this romantic we should shag right here lol

We spent and hour or two there and then walked back through town arm in arm hand in hand its just feels so right to be with her even if im not banging ther crap out of her ahahahahaha

Got home and finished my packing and then hit the fart sack im supposed to be meeting the starving model in Freedom Square at 1:30 but im not sure if she got my email about the time to meet so ill just go down there hang out for awhile and see if she turns up. To be honest it will be fun but with her lack of English IT will be hard.. Ive basically given up on the trying to commicate with the ones that havent got good english its a pain in the ass, how did Carl come up in this conversation again ahahahah gday Carl lol

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-10-2012 at 05:11 PM
Old 09-10-2012, 03:36 AM   #583
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Finished packing pretty early as I sort of wanted to make sure I got to Brno in plenty of time for some reason well I did set a time whether she got it or not is another thing but I didnt want to be the one not to turn up it would be just rude. I wasnt holding my breath about it though.

It was only 200 k's to Brno all expressway so a pretty non descript ride I saw a bit of nice scennary that might of been worth checking out but its pretty basically green field after green rolling field around here and the back roads seem to be pretty much straight through them as well so not that good a riding so you might as well be doing 160 rather than 80 with more chance of bumping into cops on the 80 road.
It took me just under and hour and a half to get to Brno and that was getting lost getting out of Brno and a stop for breakfast and petrol so made pretty good time just flying along the expressway.

I had booked a nice place i thought what the hell I had looked at the hotel where Zdenka went to the gym and said she was going to be but 190 euro a night fuck that mate so had booked into the Bercelo Brno Palace Hotel, hey why not it looked nice was up the road from the Freedom Square and it was only 110 euro ahahahahah that blows out the budget of some of the solo world travellers doesent it but hey this is my adventure ill blow as much as I like hahah. It does remind me of just how lucky I am to be doing this and at the level of comfort I can afford it really is great, im certainly very fortunate.

went down to the Freedom Square the first thing you notice about this place is all the bums man i feel right at home here I could of just pulled up a park bench for the night and saved the money but oh well im booked in now so i might as well use it.

So there I was sitting in freedom Park and Zdenka is a no show, ok she probably didnt get my email or whatever or maybe she couldnt distinguish me from all the bums in the square and no joke there everywhere I must of seen 10 guys come over and check the phone booth for money while I was there thought about throwing some money at them but I might be with them one day so stuff em, either way here I was sitting there sucking on a durrie having a beer probably not the best look when your meeting a chick in training for the Miss Olympia, the people that do that are either totally dedicated or stark raving mad, theres no way I could live that life on such a strict diet id prefer to be dead, which one Zdneka will turn out to be probably mad ahahah shes a female after all, gawd can you imagine that time of the month starving hungry probably get your head bitten off for farting ahahahah.

I was laughing to myself cause here I was on the other side of the world waiting for some chick who could hardly speak a world of English who I had met for 10 minutes ahahaha funny stuff, I really dont know what I saw in her in the first place maybe it was her eyes ahahahahahahahahahahah and double ahahahahah and yes the pic below is her, serioulsy the Czech girls are just amazingly beautiful but she certainly caught my eye, you can understand why I jumped off my bike and went back for a chat cant you though she wasnt wearing this pink bikini at the time but having xray vision certainly helped, but I have to say she is just a stunningly beautiful woman in normal every day clothes let alone this like this.

The stunningly beautiful Zdenka

Sometimes when your on the road you just have to make do with sub standard accomadation so you just have to make do as I have tonight.

The ol self inflating mattress lol

Freedom Square Brno Czech Republic. That would be right an artillery shell equals freedom over in the Eastern Bloc

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-11-2012 at 02:48 PM
Old 09-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #584
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a pretty good ride over from Brno to Oswiecim in Poland, it was only 250 k's so wasnt in any hurry to leave this morning from the nice digs at the Bercelo Palace hotel. Left at 12 or just after the check out time of 12 and by the time I finished packing the bike up and hit the road it was closer to 1.

It was sunday so the roads were pretty quiet which was good. Speeds of up to 140 + and still getting past so all good on the cop front. I wasnt to fussed and im not to fussed to ride on the lesser roads when im just heading somewhere it was just a matter of getting to Auswitz and relaxing.

Stopped off at some obscure service station for a drink and was sitting down on the table and chairs and this guy walks over so start up a conversation and it turns out he lives locally but has just been in Croatia representing the Czech Rep in volleyball. Had a good chat with him for about 10 mijutes about how they went and how they go in the national scene which on the grand scale not to good but on the local scene they just won the tournamnet they competed in but have a return comp in a few weeks to decide the winner. Obvioulsy theres no much money as he had just flown in and was waiting in this remote servo waiting for a mate to pick him up.

His friend arrived and we said out goodbyes and off he went and I jumped back on the bike to head into Poland just up the road. I have no paper maps and the tracks for Africa map on Gps I got off Julien the French guy I rode from Nairobi to Moyale with who had got the T4Africa world maps off the internet and they are so out dated its hardly worth using them, well I actually use the compass on the gps more so when I look at it as long as im heading in the right general direction its all sweet and I was supposed to be heading north east and was so all good.

Ended up arriving in Auswitz around 4:30 and took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in the housing estate on the cheap side of town obvioulsy and i mean cheap, my immediate reaction was this is the eastern bloc I had pictured its a friggin dump, it certainly wouldnt be hard to pull the chicks here id pull up on my bike light a ciggie and id probably have some one chatting to me, the old go knock on a door yeah have a job, I like kids and if you get a knock back try a few doors up the road and soon enough you'd be in, so you guessed it i tried my theory by pulling over in the shittiest area I could find right in between a few of the big crappy looking apartment blocks and sure enough a girl wearing a nice pink skirt pushing a baby comes up to me and says hello. The body was ok but the head geez it was a two bagger ahahahah im shocking arent I, she was actually really nice and we chatted for about 10 minutes the she explained where I was to go and when her kid started screaming I thought thats it shut that kid up or ill give it something to cry about, but being the nice guy I am I just said goodbye and hit the road. 10 minutes later im on the other side of town in a little bit better neighbourhood.

I really should of taken a picture of the area maybe ill go back there it was a real dump, somewhere ic ould probably call home pretty easily, I probabkly paid 2 months rent in one of them last night in the Bercelo Palace.

Found the Villa Green pretty easily after that and checked in and had a nice chat to Ursula the lady who owns the place. I'll go do the concentration camp stuff tomorrow and then see where im going ill probably head over to Krakow then ill decide where to from there.

Krakow is only 60 k's from here or there abouts so its only up the road, I booked in here for 2 nights, im not in a hury to go anywhere but this town hasnt got much for me here other than Auswitz, I guess the only thing is that its so very quiet it was nice to walk out side this afternoon and all i could hear was a kid playing on a trampoline, the birds and the wind, it was a real Sunday afternoon, very nice.
A nice day a few nice people and now in a nice room relaxing.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-11-2012 at 02:49 PM
Old 09-11-2012, 01:52 PM   #585
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a quiet mornign but then went over to the Auswitz concentration camp and well yeah pretty weird stuff, its really hard to just get a grip of the scale of the atrocity that occured there 1.3 million people so they think pretty horrendous ol Adolf certainly went a bit over board on that one. Look theres been plenty of atrocities perpatrated on out fellow man over the years but thats right up there with the worst of them. Being in the gas chambers and the furnace where alot of them were killed its just simply not a nice feeling but for me the worst was to be where Mengal experimented on the children and to hear that he went unpunished and lived in South america till the 1990's was jsut horrific there certainly been some real scumbags in the world at times hasnt there.

They showed us where Hess and his wife and kids lived during the war and while all this was goign on and when asked after the war what she thought about living in Auswitz zhe said it was like a paradise cause she access to all the clothes jewellery and make up and anything she wanted that was confiscated, geez thats just lovely, I dont know what happened to that bitch but hopefully she got a good punch in the nose what a fucken bitch.

What a terrible thing that happened and we have all seen in on documentries etc over the years but to actuallty be in there is something quite surreal.

Another place we were shown was where the trains came in fully loaded crammed pack and then they had to get off and form two lines and then in single file walk past the doctor and the phots of him pointing left and right left to your death and right to the camp was pretty sick and he was another one that went unpunished for lack of evidence. 80 % that went to the left line were excuted within a short space of time after reaching there and the rest were sent to the labour camp to work, man that was sick to see its nearly impossible to fathom.

The locals of Oswiecim were made to work there or them and their families were sent to the camps themselves. There's definaly a blanket of doom over this place and im not joking, I can sense it in the air its even when the sun is shining through, Ive actually decided im going to stay and extra day to just make sure its not just that ive been in Auswitz that makes me feel like that. i dont know sometimes when ive walked through a cemetery Ive felt something that sends a shiver up my spine but this whole area is just like its clouded in and its no shiver its like a dull sensation that smothers you, ill be fucked to know how anyone actually lives here to be honest i havent checked out the real estate prices but im guessing it wouldnt be to expensive. Brrr what a place I dont know if I want to come back here in a hurry when I leave, weird man just really weird.

The gallows where Rudolf Hess swing from one of the very few to pay the price for such a terrible thing.

The vent where the gas pellets were thrown in.

Up to a 1000 people were crammed in here an gassed at a time. Being in this room wasnt exactly comfortable.

One of the furnaces used to dispose of the bodies

A small portion of the ash remains recovered is still left as a symbol to the 1.3 million people that lost there life here

The wall of death, thousand died against this wall men women and children were all killed here by a single gunshot to the back of the head. This place is just one fucked up joint. seriously.

The girl on the right survived the camp and is still alive today and lives in Israel.

Sleeping quarters for 6 3 levels 2 to a bunk

Its just so hard to imagine the horrifying conditions when its a bright sunny day like today, other than the pall of doom that hangs over this joint you would never know one of the great atrocities mankind has perpatrated against his fellow man happened right here.

Luis from Portugal and me meeting out the front of Auswitz in Poland. As you can see im in all my safety gear riding around today bla bla bla tell someone that cares, gravel is easy to remove its called scotch and elbow grease lol

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 09-11-2012 at 03:11 PM