Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #631
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,052
Man ive been hanging out with a chick 20 years younger than me im lucky I got the energy to blog let alone post photos lol Anyway ive posted a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBD View Post
No pics of the snowy roads?? Glad you were both ok after the stack. Cheers
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #632
RobBD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
Ha ha if the age difference is that great I very surprised you have the energy to even read a blog let alone keep this one up!
Great job and remember if you do get tried, stop that monkey business and save your energy for blogging - there's more of us involved.
RobBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #633
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Saw Ev off at the airport today was going to move on as Bergamo airport where she is flying from is 40 odd k's in the direction im heading towards Slovenia but in the end thought stuff it I couldnt be stuffed packing the bike up so will be here for a few more days. Will give me a bit of time to get to see a bit more of Milan it seems like a nice enough city but in all reality I can sense as much as I will enjoy a few days here this type of city is definatly not me.

While we were at the airport this bum came over to the pizza shop we were sitting at and was hassling them to give him a feed which they werent going to so I bought him lunch and let him keep the change he was standing behind me counting the money and I nearly turned around and told him to fuck off he stunk so much it was so bad, friggin bums im glad I cant smell myself sometimes when you have been grovelling for awhile on the bike camping and riding without a wash, not that ive been doing to much of that lately, I certainly miss the more adventures side of the motorcycle riding but im in Europe and I want to see as much as i can I will find plenty of harder riding in my travels in the future so I dont need to go looking to hard they will find me eventually.

Sat around for a little while longer then went and seen Ev through departures and that was it Ev was gone it was a little sad seeing her walk out of sight what a great time and great memories shes leaving me with. She is certainly a great traveller really easy going no complaints at all and some of the conditions I put her threw would have some people, well alot of people up in arms and had enough, and thats not to mention me dropping the bike while she was on it, she just got up shrugged it off and carried on that would have some chicks hysterical and along with that she had to walk back a couple of k's in freezing snowing conditions to the closest servo carrying a bag that had come off the bike. What a champion she is.

Left the airport and went and rode back to the hotel in Milan and vegged out and did nothing for the rest of the day. Oh poor me, no one to massage me how am I ever going to survive now ahahahah to funny I definatly had a good run while my little Ev baby was with me she was soooooo good she was 20 years younger than me I hope i didnt just have my mid life crisis and not even realise it, fuck that would be a real shit if I did. I always thought id grow my hair long, finally get some chest hair, drive a convertible with all my bling hanging off me over my hairy chest and some stripper model type in the passenger seat ahhhh if your going to have a mid life crisis you might as well have it good. Hey know im thinking about some of you might think well ive just up and left on a motorcycle ride around the world thats a midlife crisis well ive got news for you thats just a sunday ride that I dont go home from and we all know how great they are so dont you dare try and tell me its a mid life crisis or ill go out and buy a convertible just to spite you.

Anyway my babies gone, booo hoo im all lonely and scared ahahahahah but as they say in the good book NEXT!!!!!! That line lonely and scared has stuck, me and Ev were reading a blog of some little asian dude doing a solo travel somewhere and he said he was so scared and lonely, i laughed my head off and said to Ev this bloke needs to just go down the pub and get pissed and meet a few people or even better still get aqauinted with himself and spank the monkey oh i know im sick, ok pat the puppet, manipulate the mango, you know what I mean.

The adventure continues solo for now, all good who knows what lies around the corner, its anyones guess that tall blonde stripper type might be waiting to walk out in front of me, hopefully I dont kill her when I hit her.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-21-2012 at 10:59 AM
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #634
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Just had a few days off hanging around in Milan going for rides around town and walks. Tried to get some camping gear that i needed tent poles etc but theres no camping gear anywhere they say its out of season oh well sat down and had a go at fixing the pole that is broken so ill have to camp soon and see if it holds up cause the last thing id like to see happen is needing it in the backwoods somewhere and it would be stoofed.

Been sussing out where im going to go and im still heading over to Slovenia it looks like the weather is nice over there after the weekend its supposed to be raining on Monday so itts time to get off my ass and hit the road. The few days off have been nice bit its back on the road for me so ill get up in the morning and head over to Lake Garda which is only 120 k's away and hang around there for a few days, apparently its beautiful there so im looking forward to seeing that area.

Thought id spoil myself since Ev has left me all lonely and scared ahahahah

Old 11-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #635
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Got up and packed up and was on ther road reasonably early which was good. The weather was dry but cool so soon found myself freezing my tits off. I had ridden to the other side of town and was nearng the motorway and thought stuff it ill ride on the back roads so put it in the Gps and started following it, oh great 30 minutes later im riding past the street where ive been staying ahahah friggin classic so there was an extra hour added onto the day already. Stopped for petrol that was a mistake the petrol was 207 a litre, fook me man talk about a mark up its usually been aroudn 1.70 something so a nearly 40 cent markup for an automated service station is nothing short of a rip off, its probably the first time in ages ive actually noticed the price, im a little non fussed about that shit i pull in fill up hand over the bucks and piss off generally after the regulation ciggie break.

Eventually got out of the city and was pretty friggin cold actually. The ride was nothing special like going through one industrial area after another. I was getting hungry so found a high class establishment that could cater to my sophisticated culinary needs and yep theres a maccas just up the road so that will do. Had a nice fresh salad with a few extra chicken nuggets chucked in, I looked at the nutritional shit of the salad when I was with Ev and we found out the dressing is as much as the whole salad so had it without the sauce to make myself feel better about stopping at maccas and actually the grilled chicken salad is pretty nice. Anyway as if I care Im so big ive got my own postcode and i like it that way it ewill help when i get really sick one day, there ill be there on my death bed, lost 35 kilos and everyone will be saying that prick has never looked better, you got to look good for when they light the match.

Came out and there was this little dude checking out the bike with his mum and dad he was intrigued by it so motioned to him to come on over and jump on so his mum picked him up and put him on. I let him start it usually at that age they are shit scared and scream there heads off but this little champion was all for it and was loving it, a future motorcyclist for sure.

In the end it took me a few hours to cover the 145 k's was pretty boring not much to see really I probably should of just bolted along the motorway oh well you never know I wasnt in any hurry which is actually a nice feeling the last few rides ive had ive been going somewhere with Ev so been hammering along the motorway but im back to just cruising around with no time constraints so ive got to make sure i take my time which i wont have any problem settling into.

Arrived in Sirmione on Lake Garda at around 4:30 and found the hotel all good, that was a bonus one of the reviews was saying how they couldnt find it in the Gps and that other people had problems, well i'll be fucked if I know how they could have problems its on the main drag and on the roundabout its not as if you can miss the hotel it sticks out like dogs balls, they must of been new to gps's is all I can say.

This town is really nice very quiet, apparently its out of season but there seems to be a lot of places closed and look like they have been for awhile. I know the Italian economy is not to flash at the moment apparently its in worse shape than both the Spanish and Irish when they asked for bailouts. hang on what the fuck am I talking money and politics for, get a life mate who gives a rats ass im on a motorcycle ride I should be talking about chicks with big tits and good roads, anyway its quiet and looks like a very nice place where im staying right on the lake so all good and I dont give a fuck if they are broke as long as they serve me breakfsast in the morning.

I'll go over to the Sirmione castle on the lake tomorrow its only up the road and apparently pretty nice so that will give me something to do instead of just fart assing around doing fuck all.

Good ride today even if a little cold nothing to see here just get on the motorway and blow them joints between Milan and Sirmione oh hang on, you could stop off at Bergamo but you seen one smaller mid sized town in Italy you've seen an all. The Bergamanese will hate me for saying that, hey are they Asian.

The little guy jumps on the bike

Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #636
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a quiet day today rode over to the castle its a really nice town really worth a visit and stop to have some lunch in the castle old town area, I lieked it alot. Was very quiet alot of the shops were shut but im sure if you were here in peak season it would be chaos but still really nice.

Walked all around the pennisula and up to the Roman ruins they have there, some rich knob in the old days had a beautiful villa ok its a pile of rocks now but geez the view is spectacular and it must of been amazing in its hey day, a bit like me I guess ahahahah shit someone slap me on the back im choking on my big mac

Walked back out of the old town and walked over to my bike there was a whole heap of coppers standing joking around, was going to go say hello to them but thought stuff the wallopers so i jumped on my baby and rode off. As I got up the road I noticed a peice of paper under my screen so stopped to have a look ahahahaha fucken scumbags had given me a 40 euro ticket for parking in an parking area for authorized vehciles. The car park with spaces for 50 cars was friggin empty and there was like 20 people in the town and I walked past them when I went in and said hello to one of them and then he must of walked over to my bike and given me a ticket, so anyway that ticket got ripped up and put in the bin, whats the worse that could happen they arrest me throw me in jail and keep me for a few days, free accomdation and food bring me back into some sort of budget for the week when it happens.

If I can feel relaxed about being in a police station in Sudan and being taken from one place to another for 5 hours where noone could speak English while they were at war with the south, a few days in an Italian jail will be pretty sweet.
Went back to the local supermarket and spotted a gorgeous blonde so threw her a few lines she just look at me and smiled couldnt speak English or she could and didnt want a bar of me more likely, oh well not going to die wondering, its also nice when im saying great rack honey not to be abused.

Back in the hotel room chilling out i might stay here for a few more days I really like it around here its so relaxing and there is people around but its not busy which I like.

Sirmione Castle lake garda Italy

Nice spot for lunch

Sirmione foreshore

The accomodation around here is pretty basic, its just lucky I stole Ev's credit card hey

Was thinking of Ev watching this couple walking hand in hand down the streets of Sirmione im scared and lonely..... fucking homo lol

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 01:22 AM
Old 11-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #637
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Got up today and went for ride around Lake Garda its about 150 k ride but took me about 6 hours and I tell you bloody beautiful it certainly has got that wow factor happening, the roads are good there was bugger all traffic but still wasnt any need to speed cause it is just so breathtakingly beautiful, everywhere you look its just nice. There was a few cops hanging on the side of the road so if your riding here it might be wise to stay under the limit and I learnt something else today those little orange boxes you see on the side of the road are radars ahahaha fuck me I was wondering what they were oh well chase me for the tickets mr cabanosi or what ever the hell they call themselves.

Ill just post photos of the views, no need to jibber on to much about today, was just all in all a great day up to 17 degrees celcius so warm for this time of year apparently, do yourself a favour ride around this lake at some stage great ride, oh and by the way up in the hills away from the lake is fantastic too, did a few little side excursions up into the hillsides single lane shit and straight drop offs to oblivion so no speeding up there just in case someone comes around one of the blind corners but fantastic all the same of course I was riding it one handed videoing jsut to be on the safe side.

I made a short video and uploaded it to youtube ill see if i can work out how to get the link up in my blog, I havent spent much time friggin around in here on advrider other than to upload my blogs, maybe it will be easier to put a link in from youtube and if so ill be able to start posting a few more vids. You would think after nearly 18 months of blogging in advrider i would of worked out everything to do with the site im using, gawd help it if it ever crashed or i got booted id certainly lose alot of records of my trip, what was that Polish chicks name I was just hanging with, see what I mean. My beautiful girl would of loved today thats for sure anyone would of.

Was on the net last night Tina was on and said hello i unblocked her a few weeks ago so we are friends again, we were chatting about the trip and her plans and I mentioned well you could of been on the back of the bike travelling the world honey, to which she responded can i change my mind ahahahahah I just said, when I asked you, you just wanted a cup of tea so now just let me have a cup of tea and think about it. We had a great time but sheeesh Tina id have to fly back to England to have her hair done Ev would let me cut it ahahahahah oh ok not that easy going or silly but she would be sweet as, she was one of the most easygoing beautiful sexy chicks ive ever had the good fortune to come across sometimes I wonder why im not chasing after her, its certainly a question im still throwing around in my head.

Anyway ill get some of these pictures happening see if I can get my blog up from a 3 star dud blog to a higher rating, maybe if i jibbered on less and just put up more pictures of scantily clad chicks it would be better but mummy reads this to so got to keep it somewhat repectable, hello mummy dearest, ahahaha I think when I hit the the rating button to see what it was I think I rated my own blog a 1 star so it might be my own fault im a dud nahh couldnt be my fault its got to be someone else's.

Enjoy the pics I enjoyed taking them.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-22-2012 at 01:27 AM
Old 11-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #638
bavarian
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,769
This is certainly one awesome ride report. It took me ages to get to page 20 and I got tired of reading all your text so jumped to the last page and hey, those are beautiful pics. Was of course many times in that area but your pics really transport the beauty of the place.

As I left you while you were just coming back from Australia at x-mas I don't know whether you have been to Germany, but if you plan on coming to Munich, I would be happy to have a beer or two with you. I like your way of life.

Cheers
Richard
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #639
bavarian
bavarian

Oddometer: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post

Anyway ill get some of these pictures happening see if I can get my blog up from a 3 star dud blog to a higher rating, maybe if i jibbered on less and just put up more pictures of scantily clad chicks it would be better but mummy reads this to so got to keep it somewhat repectable, hello mummy dearest, ahahaha I think when I hit the the rating button to see what it was I think I rated my own blog a 1 star so it might be my own fault im a dud nahh couldnt be my fault its got to be someone else's.
You sure deserve those 4 stars now!
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:03 AM   #640
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Cheers for the offer Bavarian, it would of been great to catch up but for the next little while im heading into the Balkan countries. Ive been through Munich three times in my travels now the last time a few weeks ago on that Saturday it was snowing, rode through Garmisch, man I havent been that cold in a long long long time if ever, poor little Ev the Polish girl that was with me was freezing her tits off with not one word of complaint, a simply amazing woman. If I pass through Munich again ill drop you a line and maybe we can catch up, I met a 30 year old pretty French girl last night that is interested in going to Munich maybe you could help me out by taking her to some club or giving her the tips on what to do or see.

Thanks for the bump in the ratings I feel much better about myself now and that my whole adventure means something ahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian View Post
You sure deserve those 4 stars now!

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 08:59 AM
Old 11-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #641
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Do you ever have days when you just feel like you are going the wrong way well I do lol

Old 11-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #642
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Had a 2 days days off and did absolutely nothing other than short rides and walks around Sirmione which is a nice little town and a little jaunt into Verona. The weather yesterday was supposed to be raining so i put off leaving but today is clear and up to 17 degrees so it will be a beautiful day for a ride over to Trieste on the Slovenian border.

Stayed off the motorways as im only riding just under 300 k's but after going through Verona and about another 100 k's i thought stuff this its boring as hell im going to just get back on the motorway and belt out the last 200 k's.
The scenary was all pretty much a muchness nothing to write home about its inland from the coast a bit so its through basically flat countryside so belting along at 140 in nice sunny conditions was good.

Arrived in Trieste and wouldnt you believe it id forgotten where I was staying, you would think after being on the road for so long you would have that down pat, but ok ill deal with it the way i know best swearing my friggin head off in my helmet for 5 minutes then sorting it out.

I thought it was 18 k's before Trieste where I was staying but I couldnt be sure if thats just what I had seen when I was looking at hotels to book, anyway I reckoned on that was at least something I had remembered correctly so when I got 5 k's from Trieste i was thinking ok find somewhere to use the internet log into my email and find out where the hell i am staying.

Put maccas in the gps 18 ks away frig me, that scared me being so far away from my beloved ahahah so after swaering a bit more I thought stuff it ill just go into a hotel and ask if they know or if I can use their internet . Pull up at the next hotel pretty flash looking joint I thought id try there cause the posher joints usually have receptionists that can speak english and yeah no probs they do.

I walk in and ask the girl is there a B&B Rosa or something like that around here, she just looked at me pffft ive never head of it if there is so i cant help you. She asked me dont you even remember the name of the place you made a booking I said I think I do, I just made some cock bull story about about how the internet went down where I was staying so i didnt look like a total dickhead and that I didnt get a chance to look when the truth was I jumped on the bike knowing the name but somewhere along the highway ive hit a bump in the road and it's slipped out of my head, ok it was probably as I rode of the gutter at the Cristal Hotel back in Sirmione but hey it was a big gutter.

I have to blog stuff like that cause when I eventually read this back in about 20 years remembering the good old days when I rode that old Bmw gs 800 that ran on petrol around the world I could of thought it had been the internets fault but oh well the truth hurts sometimes, after all im just your everyday run of the mill knucklehead, i can deal with that.
In the end they gave me a username and password to log onto the internet so i can check my booking.com so all good found out at least I had it right that it was 18k's out of town so I was only 12 k's past it nothing to bad and the road along the coast as you come in Trieste is pretty nice so that overrun was a nice ride.

It was a bit misty as it was starting to get late and was dark by the time I arrived at the place B&B Rosa as I write this ive forgotten again im pretty sure it was B&B Rosa but im probably wrong hang on let me go check. Ok there you go its bed and Breakfast Da Rosy oh well I was close.

When I arrived there was a guy and a girl standing there and called me into the drive way. Drew was an aussie guy actualy who had ridden a Vespa from Adelaide Australia and was finishing in London and he had stayed at this place last night just by chance and when he heard that I was arriving on a motorbike he stayed to say gday. Guilianna was his new Italian friend he had just met last night a really nice freindly local girl who was friends with the guys Tomasa and Nicolas that ran the B&B. They took off for awhile to Guilianna's place to hang out for awhile and i got all my stuff unpacked and relaxed till they got back and we had pizza and hung out chatting.

Obvioulsy me and Drew got in to a good chat sharing some stories, he's had an amazing adventure that has taken him through Indonesia all around Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Malaysia, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Iran up into Georga and Turkey absolutely fantastic on a little Vespa, i feel like im cheating when im doing it on my luxurious machine in comparison.
If you want to see how some crazy people travel around check out his facebook page Vespacade

http://www.facebook.com/#!/Vescapade, its so cool what he has done, I simply love hearing about some of the adventures of the people you meet and when you meet other Aussies on a bike it usually means they have covered a shit load of distance in the process Drew has been on the road for 18 months with only a few to go but some great adventures still ahead till he heads home.
Ended up crashing out at 1:30 so pretty big day but a good ride of just under 300 k's and met some great people along the way.

Drew and his little Vespa, amazing stuff Drew.

Just a few of Verona as I passed through.

Heading down the main drag into the Centro

Few of the nice old buildings in the centre of town.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 07:36 AM
Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #643
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I think this sign translates to english as there is a spastic mechanic up ahead.

Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #644
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Wow what a day got up and had a chat to Tomasa and he gave me the tips of some fo the things to see around this neck of the woods, so after breakfast jumped on the bike and headed into Trieste for a look around then over into Slovenia to have a look at some of the caves and a castles over there. They were only 60 odd k's away. I did think i should really just keep going up to Lubjianna but its nice here and theres a few castles ill check out back in Trieste.
Rode into Trieste and the Gps got totally lost in the centre of town so again a few choice words so just turned it off.

I knew where the highway over to Slovenia was to the north so I just had to head up the hill so I started riding away from the coast and thought ill have to hit it eventually. The road was a classic a small winding road it was more like a drive way then a road, single lane winding back and forth away from the coast a nice view from up there and I was heading in the right direction now. Was a pretty misty day so stopped for a few photos but gave up in the end they looked like shit,hopefully the sun will come out in the next day or two and ill get some nice pics of around here.

Got into Slovenia and stopped at the service station to get the tollway sticker and the guy at the servo spoke really good English and was very freindly and as I left he said enjoy your time in Slovenia, was such a friendly welcome to a country as I rode off I thought thats probably the friendliest welcome ive had into any country, that dude should be paid by the tourism board you could just sense the sincerity in his welcome, then again it might of been that I had just bought a pack of ciggarettes and I was in a better mood knowing i was going to be sucking a durrie down my guts any minute.

There were two caves i could go to one was hard walking the other had a train that ran through it and then a shorter walk so you can imagine which one I decided on, plus there was a castle near the one with the train in it so that just the excuse I was looking for, in reality i was thinking fuck walking when I can get a train lol

Hit the Predjama castle, the ride out there once you get off the motroways was great hit some dirt roads for some off road stuff, ok it was pretty easy off roading they were in good condition but they were a little damp so was able to get stuck into a little with all my gear off the bike so that was fun.

The castle is, wow pretty dam spectacular and really in great condition its nice to finally see a castle 800 years old in good nick, they are usually just piles of rocks but this one is amazing and beautifully preserved. Got a really nice welcome from Sergeja a local girl who worked in the management of the castle, thats met 2 slvenians and both really nice, it so nice to go to a new country and your first impressions are so positive well done to both of them for being great ambassadors for their country.

I wont jibber to much on about the Predjama Castle and the the Postojnka Cave ill just upload some pictures they are pretty cool.

When I got back met the other guests that were staying here tonight they were in the yachting industry, two older, a male and female and a younger nice looking French girl around 30. Doesent take an Einstein to know which one got my attention . Mariane (I think it was) has this dream of sailing an eco friendly yacht around the world, was amazing to hear her dreams and from the sound of it she is the type of person that can make it happen. The older lady who was only just a bit older than me had done alot of solo travel and im sure had some amazing stories, but for some strange reason i couldnt hear her ahahahah im sure she would be an amazing person to talk to as well in saying that.

Went to bed around 12 and blogged so had a pretty late night ive decided to stay here again and just relax im actually really sore from today I did a lot of walking in the end and riding off road so it was fun but im paying for it with my back tonigth so tomorrow wil be a day of nothingness, maybe if i can be stuffed ill go for a ride but meh will worry about that in the morning.

Great day, great exeriences ill never tire of this travel shit, first impressions of Slovenia, I cant wait to go back whenever I get off my hump and go there. Just a brilliant day yet again.

Found some nice offroad to ride, well sort of roads its pretty nice here.

This was a bit more fun

Came out at the Predjama Castle

Predjama Castle

View from the Castle looking down at Predjama Village.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-25-2012 at 08:59 AM
Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #645
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Riding back I saw this and thought id better go investigate it looks nice

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 09:00 AM