Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #766
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 2,112
Always on the look out for a business opportunities, this ones seems right up my alley.

rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #767
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The cheaper side of Shkoder Albania.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #768
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The standard apartment living in Shkoder Albania.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #769
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Fellow motorcyclist packed up and off to somewhere, things are different here in Albania, last time I sold weed I had it stashed in my boot ahahahah

Old 02-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #770
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Fortress just outside of Shkoder Albania.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #771
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The road out of town was ok rubbish everywhere its interesting to see all the crap lieing everywhere its like the rubbish services are non existence. It would be interesting to know the deal on why it is everywhere but its not the kind of thing that is easy to go and ask a local, "hey dude why is there shit lieing everywhere, dont you guys clean up". From along the waters edge to everywhere there is space its just everywhere. On the road south I came across another little village and this place was even worse, the area out the back of the houses had just shit piled up everywhere it was like they hadnt seen a garbage truck for years, i dont know why they dont just burn it if they are worried about pollution it certainly doesent show why they just dont wait for a strong westerly and let all the smoke blow all over Italy i'll never know.

Anyway each to their own as much as there is shit everywhere so far the people I've had to the good fortune to meet have been fantastic. Got pulled over by the cops were only wanting a chat they didnt even ask me for my paperwork so that was all good just another bunch of friendly locals.

The roads are atrocious easily the worst, and some of the worst ive seen on my whole adventure so far which by the looks of it here in Albania the basic infrastructure stuff is really sadly lacking. I came across one bride the traffic was down to about 5 kmh going over the bumps on it and there was a big hole in the railing where obvioulsy a car had gone over as the railing was all bent out over the bridge there was all the standard roses etc there but had never been repaired i should of got a picture it was just not something you see everyday.

A bit further down the road I came across another sight you dont often see in the deveolped world a bloke up a skinny bloody tree with an axe no harness at all just scaling around like a monkey doing his job The road only just got worse. Came across a bit of an expressway 3 lanes wide no markings but what do you expect its a little bit much to ask for here I guess.

Arrived in Durres its a little bit nicer but you get that anywhere closer to the coast where the tourists tend to come. Rode around for awhile and found a nice hotel the first one i was lookign at was right next door to a mudslide from the mountain behind it and by the water everywhere i wasnt to game to be staying in cheaps digs and waking up under a wall of mud, it was actually amazing the slide had come down and blocked the road and somehow missed the old couple living in the house but by looking at the hillside behind them its only a matter of time.

Found a nice hotel in the centre of town its ok near the waterfront which is not a beach you are going to be sunbaking on let me tell you, just shit everywhere. Flora the girl at the desk had given me the tip on a restautant cafe in the tallest building in town so went up and had a look, good tip the whole joint was full of women on some sort of function so was a good way to check out the local talent while I was there.

Im not sure i will hang around here, I might have to I think im going to go to Kosovo and Serbia and dont want to leave Albania without giving it a few days to give me a better impression, look the people have all been really freindly which is always the case everywhere you go its jsut the services leave a lot to be desired.

The do say Albania is the hidden jewel of Europe well I woudlnt be buying any jewellery off that person its obvioulsy made out of plastic bags and blue metal.

Crossing the river out of Shkoder Albania had to stop and take a picture of the pretty ducks frollicking in the sunshine amoungst the beaitiful colourful flowers oh hang on.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 04:53 PM
Old 02-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #772
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

When the old girl said can you take the rubbish out im sure she was expecting the rubbish truck to come along, by the look of this 10 years later they're still waiting.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #773
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Looks the rubbish truck aint coming sweetheart, ok just get rid of it somewhere anywhere will ya, ok how about the local railway it might blow away there. Serioulsy I havent seen rubbish like this since the slums of Nairobi. Why dont they just wait till theres a strong westerly and give everyone petrol and burn it all and cover the Ities in smoke or even better to the north east im sure Chernobyl can live with it lol

Old 02-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #774
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

If your ever looking for a job I hear treelopping in Albania have positions coming available all the time.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #775
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Safety harness whats a safety harness, the good ol days when you could just send someone up to do a job and they went and did it without all the bullshit about "oh but my safety harness", fuck ya harness get to work you bum lol Im a caring boss but sometimes you need to be firm its called tough love ahahahah

Old 02-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #776
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Time for lunch this market look as good as any. Just ouside of Tirana Albania.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #777
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Ok arrived in the beach resort town of Durres was going to stay here in this quant little place till I realised there had been a mudslide 100 metres up the road from the mountain behind that had demolished everything in its path on its way to the ocean mmm no thanks not after a few weeks of constant rain maybe ill go find some flatter ground, pussy lol

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 01:09 PM
Old 02-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #778
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I should of stayed there look at the beautiful waterfront im missing out on.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #779
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

8 bucks a night, cheap but no thanks.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #780
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Why dont you tell everyone what you think of Greece on the wall behind your war monument.