Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2013, 12:03 PM   #781
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,981
Just one of the mud slides in the local area I bet you this family sleep tight at night.

rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #782
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

This creek would be great for the kids to play in other than all the shit lying around.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #783
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Where am I supposed ot put my rubbish, oh well this looks as good a place as any.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #784
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Home sweet home for some local Albanians, Ive seen worse.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #785
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I think I found the garbo truck.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #786
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Road blocks come in all shapes and sizes.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #787
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

If you find the Bmw dealer in a city you usually find the good side of town, umm I think this is it.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #788
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

If the roundabout is full just go over it, seems to make sense to me.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #789
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The beach looking south from Durres Albania.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #790
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Looking north up the beach, they say when you are having a garage sale if you havent used something in 2 years its time to get rid of it, im pretty sure this boat has been here longer than that.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #791
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Most cop bikes come with pannier boxes to carry their paper work, Albania they use other things, they must get jealous when I go to my locked box to get my paperwork out lol

Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #792
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I know I'm posting some pretty crappy photos of Albania and maybe portraying it in not such a good light, but if you come here expecting the Swiss Alps you will be sadly dissapointed, on the other hand if you want to come and meet beauful friendly people from the locals selling toys down the waterfront, the staff at the hotels, to the police and the lady down the fast food shop you definatly wont leave Albania dissapointed, they are some of the nicest people ive met in my whole travels. I met Klodii in the local motorcycle shop in Durres on my ride around town today and got the same friendly welcome again so had a chat and a drink for awhile. Ill add the shop address later but if you ever ride through Durres you should drop in and say hi. He's got some good gear in his shop and its actually really well priced. If your heading north or south the Albanian people definalty make this route a good way to go.

Klodi's email is motorandaal@yahoo.com im sure he could help you out if you need a hand when your here and if you head south out of Durres main look for the big trojan horse you cant miss it on your left.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 01:28 PM
Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #793
EyeCake
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
i think your pictures show a good cross section of life in Albania especially the driving as in crossing the roundabout. A few of the many upmarket cars "on loan" from their owners in Western Europe would complete the picture.
I drove thru Kosovo and Albania and was appalled at the way rubbish was dumped at the side of the road. The locals have no respect for their often beautiful area

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
I know I'm posting some pretty crappy photos of Albania and maybe portraying it in not such a good light, but if you come here expecting the Swiss Alps you will be sadly dissapointed, on the other hand if you want to come and meet beauful friendly people from the locals selling toys down the waterfront, the staff at the hotels, to the police and the lady down the fast food shop you definatly wont leave Albania dissapointed, they are some of the nicest people ive met in my whole travels. I met Klodii in the local motorcycle shop in Durres on my ride around town today and got the same friendly welcome again so had a chat and a drink for awhile. Ill add the shop address later but if you ever ride through Durres you should drop in and say hi. He's got some good gear in his shop and its actually really well priced. If your heading north or south the Albanian people definalty make this route a good way to go.

Klodi's email is motorandaal@yahoo.com im sure he could help you out if you need a hand when your here and if you head south out of Durres main look for the big trojan horse you cant miss it on your left.

EyeCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #794
troy albania
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb My new Australian friend

Hi Sheldon
I hope U are doing fine and enjoying your ride. I am glad to have known U my friend. Thanks a lot for your opinion about Albania and me as well. Wsh U all the best and hope 1 day to see U in Albania again
troy albania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #795
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Klodi had nearly convinced me to head south through Albania but decided to stick to my plan and get a small sample of the other countries and people around this part of the world so it was off to Kosovo.

Leaving the main drag of Durres in Albania behind and hitting the road, as much as there's sweet fa to see around here in Durress the people certainly grow on you they are very friendly and as much as I was tempted to stay a few more days and with only a few weeks till I have to be in Greece to meet Ev it was time to say adios amigos and off I went into the unknown, not exactly sure where I was heading but into Kosovo somewhere.