Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #796
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Oddometer: 1,692
Just couldnt resist another parting shot of all the rubbish in the waterways of Albania. They really should try and clean it up, the old first impressions saying certainly comes to mind, im sure if they cleaned it up Albania would quickly gain in popularity cause of the friendly people but then again some of the euros might not feel comfortable with everyone wanting to say hello as you walked down the street and waving at them all the time.

Place for the kids to hang out and swim now lets just clear a path to the prestine water's edge and we will be right.

rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #797
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

My baby relaxing by the road, shes all mine for another 2 weeks then she will have to play second fiddle in the bedroom, I dont know how thats going to go down but you never know i might be able to convince Ev to let her join us for a romp in the tent now and then, oh well if not one of them will be sleeping outside, eenie meenie minney mo ahahahah

Old 03-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #798
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

What a difference a few k's make as you get out of the built up areas of Albania, the lack of rubbish and scenary changes for the better.

Just a random church up on a hill why cant they just build it down the bottom of the hill like normal people, maybe the competition over here just gave them this part of the hill to build on so noone would go.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 12:25 PM
Old 03-02-2013, 12:13 PM   #799
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Yeah whatever just a random shot of an abandoned factory along the highway, im bored, though the road was great, surprise surprise its not all doom and gloom.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #800
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The road was great the views spectacular, made a very enjoyable days riding.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 12:26 PM
Old 03-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #801
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

And it just continued on, after so many shitty roads in Albania this was a breath of fresh air. A sign said that it was built in conjunction with Austria, they must want some of their minerals here in Albania.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #802
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I must admit there is some beautiful scenary in this part of Albania and this ride is fantastic if your around here, I only saw one set of cops in one of the towns and there is hardly any traffic.

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 12:27 PM
Old 03-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #803
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

More of the views in the north west of Albania.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #804
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

I should of been doing 100 miles an hour along this stretch but I was actually cruising enjoying the veiws, I must be getting old, silly old coot.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #805
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Just a random pwetty lake along the way not far from the Albania Kosovo border.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #806
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy albania View Post
Hi Sheldon
I hope U are doing fine and enjoying your ride. I am glad to have known U my friend. Thanks a lot for your opinion about Albania and me as well. Wsh U all the best and hope 1 day to see U in Albania again
Hey Klodi was great to meet you too, I hope you didnt take offence to some of my pictures highlighting the rubbish everywhere but one thing you will get from me is honesty, I just call it how I see it. The road over to Kosovo was amazing had a great ride no traffic at all and only one set of cops and some great scenary. Thanks again for your hospitality while I was in Durres id like to get back and explore the south like you suggested at some point in time. Take care my friend and always keep the rubber side down.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #807
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Coffee break before hitting the border, good idea sign. And so came to end my short stay in Albania, i got a little glimpse into the country and people which I have to say on first impressions was a bit ho hum but that opinion starts to change pretty quickly, the people are great and I did find some amazing scenary without looking to hard so im sure there is alot more out there to be explored not to mention there is obvioulsy a market for a garbage diposal and recycling busines down there. Hey you never say never ive got a few mates in the game and they arent poor let me tell you. The can dig their holes for their minerals and ill fill them back up with their rubbish, everyone walks away happy hahaha

rideforsmiles screwed with this post 03-02-2013 at 12:52 PM
Old 03-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #808
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Welcome to Kosovo now some might say it is in Serbia but dont go telling the Kosovans they wont like it. They have their own border controls own insurance which by the way only cost 15 Euro for 2 weeks and the office is right their at the border so no dramas and became the 195th independant country in 2008 according to the UN.

The border control guys are really welcoming a nice first impression into Kosovo. Oh by the way on the way out of Montenegro there was a border post with no Albanian border control and same here no Albanian exit border control just the the Kosovan side so not sure if you need to buy any insurance for Albania, I guess at 13 dollars for a month its hardly going to break the bank and you never know it might come in handy, ahahahah on second thought as if an insurance company in Albania are going to help you if you have a prang that if they even exist, im pretty sure it would be better to get up and hightail it out of the country as fast as you can. Trust me they want know if you have come or gone lol

Welcome to Prizren Kosovo

Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #809
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

Something caught my eye maybe I was hungry looking at the horse with all thats been in the news lately.

Old 03-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #810
rideforsmiles OP
Sheldon

The main centrum of Prizren Kosovo.