Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #181
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,501
Maggott, Hockey is not for wimps. Marchand was just protecting himself. When players try to cheapshot and run a player face first, then they deserve what they get.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #182
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 3,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
Maggott, Hockey is not for wimps. Marchand was just protecting himself. When players try to cheapshot and run a player face first, then they deserve what they get.
I played full contact hockey from early teens till I was in my early 30's, I'm 42 now, so I know what whimpy hockey is all about.But ducking from a hit to take the hitter out at the knees is beyond coward. I lived in Halifax for almost 20 yrs till 2008 and Sidney's parents home is less than 2 kms from the house, I still own there.

Speaks volumes that Marchand doesn't have many fans in his hometown where Canadians typically worships hockey players. Sidney already has streets named after him. Marchand has a hearing tomorrow. Too bad Vancouver can't/ won't do anything about it the next time they meet.

The way the Bruins are allowed to play they'll be a tough team to beat. San Jose, Detroit, Chicago, or Vancouver will be coming out of the West with San Jose and Vancouver leading the way.

I hope Sid is back for the Pens to make another run. Another head shot and I think It's over for him.

Go Sens..

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #183
NikonsAndVStroms OP
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post

Even Marchand and Lucic are hated in their hometowns of Halifax and Vancouver which can't be said by too many Canadian players.

Go Leafs....
If you want to talk about hatred it is what most of Canada has towards Vancouver for being such a BS team, most Habs fans I knew wanted the Bruins to win the cup over the Canucks.

Perhaps they should play instead of being cheap like saying they want to fight and then walking away when a Bruins player agrees and drops the gloves.....or when they ganged up 6 on 1, I can't remember the last time I saw anything like that on the ice.

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #184
beemerron
machine washable

Oddometer: 2,776
I didn't think the play was so bad. as he was well above the knees.
beemerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #185
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerron View Post
I didn't think the play was so bad. as he was well above the knees.
That is what the Bruin's GM is arguing. And Marchand took one of those hits himself from the Canucks last year and there was no penalty. Because he is a repeat offender this year, the suspension. You just can't do it and they are desperate to solve these concussion issues. Imagine what Bobby Clarke is thinking, "It's just a headache you puss, get over yourself." Losing Crosby, Savard et al, they are serious about it. As hard as the Bruins play, I can't argue much about it. We didn't like the Savard deal...either. If there had been no concussion, it surely would not have been a big deal.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #186
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,918
The beat writer for the Wild, Mike Russo, is awesome. You can follow him @russostrib.

He just tweeted this pic - apparently Vigneault tore the Chara cover off all the record books.

No wonder that team is full of whiny bitches. Top-down strategy.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #187
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
If you want to talk about hatred it is what most of Canada has towards Vancouver for being such a BS team, most Habs fans I knew wanted the Bruins to win the cup over the Canucks.
Two different things. Marchand and Lucic are weasels are not respected as they're not respectful. And yes lots of Eastern Canadian fan support for Boston. That's nothing new whether there playing Vancouver or not. I lived 39 yrs in Nfld and Halifax, NS. Bruins fans numbers are the probably the next after the Habs and Leafs.

Sounds like you think I'm a Vancouver fan. I cheered for them over Boston as I've lived here for three yrs and figure I'd jump on the monstrous sized band wagon. My Teams are Ottawa, TO and the Pens as long as Sid is a part of them.

Like I said, I watch several games a week from all divisions, Boston is the dirtiest team by a long shot. I just think the team to beat them will have to lower the skill level and add goons to the roster to prevent another Bruins Cup win.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #188
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

5 games for the POS Marchand.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #189
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,876
Quote:
I played full contact hockey from early teens till I was in my early 30's, I'm 42 now, so I know what whimpy hockey is all about.But ducking from a hit to take the hitter out at the knees is beyond coward. I lived in Halifax for almost 20 yrs till 2008 and Sidney's parents home is less than 2 kms from the house, I still own there.
Go Sens..
I played hockey from 4 on and still play. I don't feel that makes me any better of a judge of that hit. What the fuck does living by one of the biggest pussies in the NHL who the league overlooks for suspensions have anything to do with the hit or hockey knowledge? Anyone who can read can tell according to rule that was not a dirty hit.

Quote:
Rule 44 - Clipping 44.1 Clipping - Clipping is the act of throwing the body, from any direction, across or below the knees of an opponent.
A player may not deliver a check in a “clipping” manner, nor lower his own body position to deliver a check on or below an opponent’s knees.
An illegal “low hit” is a check that is delivered by a player or goalkeeper who may or may not have both skates on the ice, with his sole intent to check the opponent in the area of his knees. A player may not lower his body position to deliver a check to an opponent’s knees.
As anyone can see in the video below the point of contact was above the knees. Furthermore Brad Marchand went to the player safety committee and asked about this style of hit in the beginning of the season and they gave him the green light.

Quote:
What a dirty team Boston is.

I've never seen so much bullshit after every whistle, and every whistle in front of their net becomes a fight. And I watch several games a week.

Its too bad a skilled team will have to lower themselves to this goon hockey to take the Cup from them.

The league needs to get the after whistle crap out especially the same team initiating it.

Even Marchand and Lucic are hated in their hometowns of Halifax and Vancouver which can't be said by too many Canadian players.

Go Leafs....
So let me get this straight. You think it is wrong for a team to protect their goalie? Hockey is physical. It has always been and always will be. If you don't like it perhaps golf maybe better suited to you. How you can call the Bruins dirty when cheering for the Pens is beyond me. Let us take a walk down memory lane.

Let us not forget one of the dirtiest players of all time who played for the Pens. Ulf Samuelsson!

How about the Sens?

Yeah the Bruins are dirty....

Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #190
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

It's on, time to beat our favorite opponent to beat.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #191
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
Marchand was just protecting himself.

bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #192
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobob View Post

Actually, I hadn't seen the play. I was just reacting to what I'd read. Now that I've seen it, He was just playing physical hockey. It was a clean check. Salo should work out more, and strengthen his neck muscles, so this kind of thing doesn't happen.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #193
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
Anyone who can read can tell according to rule that was not a dirty hit.
Brad Marchand went to the player safety committee and asked about this style of hit in the beginning of the season and they gave him the green light.

You think it is wrong for a team to protect their goalie? How you can call the Bruins dirty when cheering for the Pens is beyond me. Let us take a walk down memory lane.
Let us not forget one of the dirtiest players of all time who played for the Pens. Ulf Samuelsson!
Yeah the Bruins are dirty....
The rat got a well deserved 5 games.
Yes it's ok to protect the goalie, every team does it. Boston as a team goes far beyond of what protecting the goalie was all about.

I don't really cheer for the Pens, I like Sid and cheer for him. Don't give a shit about Ulf, didn't like the Pens then, Sid was just a toddler.

Yes I still play hockey, and I play golf to a 7 hdcp.

Thanks for agreeing that the B's are dirty. Nice win for them over the Habs.

Speaks volumes that a Canadian, Cup winning hockey player is not a favorite in a small Canadian City.

Now frig off...

Go Sens, Leafs, Jets..

Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #194
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Mike Cammalleri traded back to Calgary in the second period of the game! Holy cow. And when he was a rookie with the Monarch's I told him many times I wanted him with the Bruin's. He'd always courteously say, "I'd like to play in Boston." I would have been happy if they just left town without him! We could have had a 13 Jersey ready in no time.....

Yep, that was a bold move by the lowly Habs, makes their team so much stronger. What's next, trading Carey Price in the first period of their next game?

And Maggott, Bears are big, burly potentially dangerous. If you can't take it, forfeit. The way the Bruin's play is nothing compared to the old ways. When men were really men and helmets were for girls.

shrineclown screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 08:48 PM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #195
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Camalleri for Bourque, and swapped draft picks. Probably good for both guys and teams.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: