Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #721
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,759
Devils played a good game, but once the Flyers got their wheels back the ice seemed tilted.

Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #722
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,246
Nashville doesn't seem to have the problems that the Flyers had after being off so long. 12 shots on goal in 8 minutes of play.

Good game.

Aaaaannnnnd 1-0 Coyotes on a very nice play!
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #723
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

THAT was an amazing pass, falling down back spinning cross ice pass for the Nashville goal.

1-1 with 2:40 left in the first.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #724
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

A silly penalty by Vrbata means a power play for Nashville, who score early in the 3rd period making it 4-3 Coyotes.

The plot thickens.

P.S.
Anyone else think Vrbata could use another verb in his name?

Edit, just a few moments late, the Coyotes go again for 5-3. Rinne had made some great stops before the goal.
The Coyotes have owned 5 on 5 with the Preds taking advantage of the odd man situations to keep close.

Schlug screwed with this post 04-29-2012 at 07:18 PM
Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #725
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 885
Flyers/Devils The 1st game went exactly like I said it would. Look for the Flyers to play the rest of the series like they did starting in the 2nd period yesterday. I really don't see this series going more than 5.

Coyotes/Preds - PHX is making the favored Preds and their outstanding goaltender look very average. They better pull it together in the next game or this series will be all but over.

Caps/Rangers - Hopefully tonight Ovi can find his scoring touch. He's going to have to if the Caps have any chance at getting even in this series. I think this is a must win game. Going down 0-2 to the Rangers will be almost impossible to overcome for the Caps.

Kings/Blues I think the Kings are the best 8th seeded team I've seen in a long time! I don't think the Blues are going to be able to win this series. Though anything can happen, I just think the Kings are playing to well and Quick has locked it down. To me, he should win the Vezina hands down.

onetravdown screwed with this post 04-30-2012 at 07:59 AM
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #726
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer

Oddometer: 26,759
Nashville is getting the play from Radulov that many expected. I wish I had CBC down here, I'm sure Don Cherry had an aneurysm (and a priapism) while screaming about his lazy play.

Some of the stories in the west this year are really interesting. A hungry underdog Phx team that made the playoffs last year and seem to really buy into their system; the resurgence of the Blues under Hitchcock; tale of two seasons for the Kings (and Dustin Brown); perhaps the last shot for the Preds before they run out of cap space.

I'll be watching.
Grainbelt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #727
onetravdown
I can't ride where?

Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainbelt View Post
Nashville is getting the play from Radulov that many expected. I wish I had CBC down here, I'm sure Don Cherry had an aneurysm (and a priapism) while screaming about his lazy play.
He's really atrocious! I never paid attention to him until Jonesy pointed it out between periods. Wow.
onetravdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #728
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trav72 View Post
Flyers/Devils The 1st game went exactly like I said it would. Look for the Flyers to play the rest of the series like they did starting in the 2nd period yesterday. I really don't see this series going more than 5.

Coyotes/Preds - PHX is making the favored Preds and their outstanding goaltender look very average. They better pull it together in the next game or this series will be all but over.

Caps/Rangers - Hopefully tonight Ovi can find his scoring touch. He's going to have to if the Caps have any chance at getting even in this series. I think this is a must win game. Going down 0-2 to the Rangers will be almost impossible to overcome for the Caps.

Kings/Blues I think the Kings are the best 8th seeded team I've seen in a long time! I don't think the Blues are going to be able to win this series. Though anything can happen, I just think the Kings are playing to well and Quick has locked it down. To me, he should win the Vezina hands down.

I like your style.

Looks like this Rangers/Caps game will be better than I expected. Holtby is much better this game than last.

P.S
Never watch a game on NBC when you can watch it on CBC. But I do enjoy the extensive coverage by NBC of a fantastic NHL playoff!

Schlug screwed with this post 04-30-2012 at 05:00 PM
Old 04-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #729
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Fantastic goal by Washington, taking advantage of a risky play by the Ranger's defense which spurred a 3 on 2.

Rangers defender completely oblivious to the 3rd man coming back door which allowed a perfect pass and a goal.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #730
Crocker
just passing through

Oddometer: 3,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
Fantastic goal by Washington, taking advantage of a risky play by the Ranger's defense which spurred a 3 on 2.

Rangers defender completely oblivious to the 3rd man coming back door which allowed a perfect pass and a goal.
beautiful play, indeed.
Crocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #731
Crocker
just passing through

Wooo!

2-0!

NIce ugly goal
Old 04-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #732
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Just when it seemed the Rangers were on their backs and taking another silly penalty, they generate a retaliation and play 4 on 4.

During which a poor change by the Caps allows a Rangers goal, followed by a silly Washington penalty.

2-1 now with another Capital in the box!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #733
Crocker
just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
Just when it seemed the Rangers were on their backs and taking another silly penalty, they generate a retaliation and play 4 on 4.

During which a poor change by the Caps allows a Rangers goal, followed by a silly Washington penalty.

2-1 now with another Capital in the box!
Yeah, Mike Green responsible for both. I wish we'd trade him already before everyone else figures out he's extremely overrated.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #734
Schatzman
I Saved Latin

Oddometer: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
Yeah, Mike Green responsible for both. I wish we'd trade him already before everyone else figures out he's extremely overrated.
As someone who grew up in Baltimore, I must ask you, how to do you cheer for a Washington based team? I never understood it. I had the luxury of having my siblings being from Boston originally. So I grew up a Bruins fan. I am just curious. I could never cheer for the Redskins or Nationals either.
Schatzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:56 PM   #735
Crocker
just passing through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
As someone who grew up in Baltimore, I must ask you, how to do you cheer for a Washington based team? I never understood it. I had the luxury of having my siblings being from Boston originally. So I grew up a Bruins fan. I am just curious. I could never cheer for the Redskins or Nationals either.
I live in Baltimore, but grew up over on the Eastern Shore so I didn't really have a home team. I grew up watching the Redskins and Orioles with my Dad and once I discovered Hockey on my own the Caps. The colts left when I was 2 and by the time the Browns moved to Baltimore I was already cursed with being a Redskins fan.

I don't have a lot of fun as a sports fan, it's why I cherish every minute now that the Caps are a consistently good team

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: