ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #781
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
Alright, so I'm only partially crippled.

I watched the Flyers last night, and, quite frankly, that hurt worse than anything I suffered in the tournament.

I can't believe who professional hockey players are missing easy, bantam-level assignments like that.

For instance, the puck is down low and Van Riesmdyk lets his defensive mark shoot straight in for the pass and the goal? Are you serious?

I wonder if they are just beat from the Pittsburgh series or if it's coaching, but it's no fun to watch, I'll tell you that.

Now Giroux is suspended for one game for his hit on Zubrus. That is really bad news and quite honestly, there have been worse hits in these playoffs for which no suspension was given.

It's ugly if you're a Flyers fan.
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #782
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer
 
wannaklr's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Back In Iowa. Quad Cities to be exactish..
Oddometer: 7,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
It's ugly if you're a Flyers fan.
But not, if you're not!
__________________
Back in Iowa!
I like my music like I like my women. Loud, angry and with bagpipes!

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #783
Grainbelt
marginal adventurer
 
Grainbelt's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Minnyhappiness
Oddometer: 26,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
But not, if you're not!
I was cheering for the Blues.
Grainbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #784
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
One minute left in the 3rd, NY Rangers down 2-1.

Rangers time out...

Are any of my teams going to advance?
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #785
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzman View Post
Fair enough. You think they are going to trade Lucic? How about Timmy? Is Rask going to sign? Is Savard ever going to fucking retire so we get the cap room? Could the Bruins score Parise? This is what I have been thinking about non stop for the past week plus.
I know all these mutt's on the radio around here dis Lucic. And I know he has not been stellar in post season play. But the lad is lights out in the regular season. I see no reason to want to trade him. You ask any kid in the greater Boston area whose sweater they want, it is #17. I hope they don't trade him. I am afraid the smiling man between the pipes is going to be trade bait this off season. For the only reason, they can get a lot for him now. ( Parise?) After next season he is free and they are not going to want to pay. Which makes Rask the guy, which he is pining for. I thought the deal with Savard was he did not count against the cap as long as he was "pup"? And Neely wants to hope for the best with him. Even though it looks bleak for a return. If he counts, it is time to give him a nice job in the front office. I feel terrible for him and I hope Cooke rots in hell, but that is a handicap if he is a cap player. Thomas for Parise....hmmmm.... Brodeur is supposed to be making mumblings that this is his last go. He is ready for the next shift in his life. It makes a certain amount of sense. It will kill me to see TT playing for NJ..... And Brodeur still looks great in the net, giving the flyers all they can handle.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #786
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,496
2-2
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #787
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
OMG they did it!

6.6 left in the 3rd they score on a power play!

And the power play was for a double minor, Ward sticking Hagelin in the mouth and drawing blood.


This will be good, Rangers have PP on the start of OT>
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #788
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
hey, if you guys don't want Lucic, I think we'll take him.

How does he feel about cheesesteaks?
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #789
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
hey, if you guys don't want Lucic, I think we'll take him.

How does he feel about cheesesteaks?

The only thing that would be worse than that in my mind, is putting him in red, white and blue and giving him a big H.

He would be fine with cheesesteaks, but I hope he has taken a bigger shine to the northend and Italian food.
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #790
Schnickelfritz
pick, grin, repeat
 
Schnickelfritz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Edge of the glacier
Oddometer: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
It's ugly if you're a Flyers fan.
Not as ugly as if you're a Blues fan. Hats off to the Kings for their great play on both ends of the ice. Blues were never in it.
Schnickelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #791
Schatzman
I Saved Latin
 
Schatzman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Oddometer: 3,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
I know all these mutt's on the radio around here dis Lucic. And I know he has not been stellar in post season play. But the lad is lights out in the regular season. I see no reason to want to trade him. You ask any kid in the greater Boston area whose sweater they want, it is #17. I hope they don't trade him. I am afraid the smiling man between the pipes is going to be trade bait this off season. For the only reason, they can get a lot for him now. ( Parise?) After next season he is free and they are not going to want to pay. Which makes Rask the guy, which he is pining for. I thought the deal with Savard was he did not count against the cap as long as he was "pup"? And Neely wants to hope for the best with him. Even though it looks bleak for a return. If he counts, it is time to give him a nice job in the front office. I feel terrible for him and I hope Cooke rots in hell, but that is a handicap if he is a cap player. Thomas for Parise....hmmmm.... Brodeur is supposed to be making mumblings that this is his last go. He is ready for the next shift in his life. It makes a certain amount of sense. It will kill me to see TT playing for NJ..... And Brodeur still looks great in the net, giving the flyers all they can handle.
Lucic sucks in the playoffs. The fire he had his first 2 seasons is gone. He just seems lazy these days. He has had no impact the past 2 seasons in the playoffs. He hasn't really been "lights out" in a long time.

If I remember correctly, Savard is not on long term IR. The Bruins do have that option but have not done it. Even if he goes on LTIR he still has a small hit against the cap space. Didn't this situation happen with Chris Durry last year with the Rangers? I feel bad for him, but how long do the Bruins need to pay him to make up for rushing him back on the ice?

We need a strong top 1st line player who is a sniper. How many playmakers can one fucking team have? I would even be open to trading krejci.
__________________
Quote:
In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.
-Allan Bloom
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #792
Schatzman
I Saved Latin
 
Schatzman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Omnipresent
Oddometer: 3,559
Ps rangers won
__________________
Quote:
In short, life is made into a nonstop, commercially prepackaged masturbational fantasy.
-Allan Bloom
Schatzman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #793
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
Rangers!

Wow under the knee!
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #794
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)
 
shrineclown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Bruins Nation
Oddometer: 9,496
That was quick...
__________________
Life is Good and Getting Better Every Day!
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #795
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
The only thing that would be worse than that in my mind, is putting him in red, white and blue and giving him a big H.

He would be fine with cheesesteaks, but I hope he has taken a bigger shine to the northend and Italian food.
Les Habitants!

What a brilliant idea!

the gf has more Habs gear than I have hockey gear combined. She'd be chuffed.
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014