GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,704
Ordered, looking forward to comparing it to my Twin Max and Stix
Old 09-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #197
Bargenator
Bargenator

Oddometer: 168
Hey Grok, just a bit of feed back on the harmoniser, my S10 with the Motorworks carbon muffler, Arrow catless header pipes and the K&N filter fitted was hunting at idle so I made up a "T" piece for the left hand throttle body, connected the right hand throttle body, followed the instructions and fired up the bike, waited for normal operating temp and balanced the bodies, no more hunting, sweeeeeet. Took the unit up to Wasp's place and harmonised his S10 that was doing the same and sorted that out as well.

Great product, easy to use and well made, great work.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #198
Prodaddy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
For what it's worth

Nobody mentioned this prior to my using the Harmonizer, but my suggestion is get yourself a pair of THIN 10mm wrenches before beginning the adjustment, will make your life a lot easier...
Prodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #199
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargenator View Post
Hey Grok, just a bit of feed back on the harmoniser, my S10 with the Motorworks carbon muffler, Arrow catless header pipes and the K&N filter fitted was hunting at idle so I made up a "T" piece for the left hand throttle body, connected the right hand throttle body, followed the instructions and fired up the bike, waited for normal operating temp and balanced the bodies, no more hunting, sweeeeeet. Took the unit up to Wasp's place and harmonised his S10 that was doing the same and sorted that out as well.

Great product, easy to use and well made, great work.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #200
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodaddy View Post
Nobody mentioned this prior to my using the Harmonizer, but my suggestion is get yourself a pair of THIN 10mm wrenches before beginning the adjustment, will make your life a lot easier...
Good suggestion for the BMW 1200's !
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #201
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 538
Used mine on my R1100RT this weekend. Very ez to use, worked great. bete.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:19 AM   #202
Just Dan
Bugger, Burnt toast

Oddometer: 1,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dan View Post
Owning a Guzzi and a airhead, I feel the multi tool would be very handy.

Count me in as well.
Mine arrived yesterday to a small island on where I live. In the middle of the Great Southern Ocean.
Old bikers don't get old by accident.
Just Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:41 AM   #203
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Mine arrived yesterday to a small island on where I live. In the middle of the Great Southern Ocean.

You are currently the one and only Harmonizer owner in Tasmania.
A place I would like to visit someday!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #204
Just Dan
Bugger, Burnt toast

Tasmania is one best kept secret places for motorcycles. A quick couple questions about the function of Harmonizer. I connected the Harmonizer to my Guzzi using the clear plastic stints inserted into the vacuum port. Is this a good enough seal or should I be looking some thing with a better seal?

Using the balance mode. At idle the bar is the middle and smiley face appears. upon opening the throttle, the gauge moves fully to the left. Would the Harmonizer be indircating that the left carb is opening first and need to slacken the throttle cable or is Harmonizer showing some thing else?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #205
johnjen
I've Been Resigned

Oddometer: 15,717
Quote:
Tasmania is one best kept secret places for motorcycles. A quick couple questions about the function of Harmonizer. I connected the Harmonizer to my Guzzi using the clear plastic stints inserted into the vacuum port. Is this a good enough seal or should I be looking some thing with a better seal?

If there is ANY leak where the 2 hoses connect to the vacuum port then any and all readings are suspect. Make sure those 2 connections are tight and can't leak.

Using the balance mode. At idle the bar is the middle and smiley face appears. upon opening the throttle, the gauge moves fully to the left. Would the Harmonizer be indircating that the left carb is opening first and need to slacken the throttle cable or is Harmonizer showing some thing else?
If the indication still moves hard left after making sure the connections are not a source of leaks THEN make adjustments.

And yes if the left cylinder is connected to the left port and it shows a greater vacuum when opening the throttle then that cylinder is opening 1st.

JJ

WingMakers.com
Collected Works of the WingMakers Volume 1 pg. 590
johnjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #206
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

If I'm understanding you correctly, you removed the last 4 inches of hose and inserted the teflon tube into the vacuum port?
You should have left the hose intact and simply plugged the rubber hose-end onto the vacuum port.

The "clear plastic stints" are restrictors that prevent overpressure conditions that can be caused by backfire or motors with excessively large vacuum orifices. I've started shipping units with these restrictors. I'll put up some photos ASAP.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:09 PM   #207
martinh
SSYSO Recruiter

Oddometer: 244
After reading all about this Harmonizer here and on the ST forum I had to get it. I stopped into my local dealer coz I have a slight stumble off the line and they wanted to do a TBS. I asked how much They said $200, I said for get it I just buy the tool and do it my self.
XR650L K6 Sold
martinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:11 PM   #208
Just Dan
Bugger, Burnt toast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grok View Post
If I'm understanding you correctly, you removed the last 4 inches of hose and inserted the teflon tube into the vacuum port?
You should have left the hose intact and simply plugged the rubber hose-end onto the vacuum port.

The "clear plastic stints" are restrictors that prevent overpressure conditions that can be caused by backfire or motors with excessively large vacuum orifices. I've started shipping units with these restrictors. I'll put up some photos ASAP.
Yes, That is what I did. I understand not to do that.

On the R100Rs, I can slip the hose over the exposed ports. On the Guzzi, you remove 5mm allen key bolts. There is not port sticking out.

Looks like I need to make something like a short tube with 5mm thread to screw into the carb and slip the rubber tubing over tube.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #209
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, That is what I did. I understand not to do that.

On the R100Rs, I can slip the hose over the exposed ports. On the Guzzi, you remove 5mm allen key bolts. There is not port sticking out.

Looks like I need to make something like a short tube with 5mm thread to screw into the carb and slip the rubber tubing over tube.
5mm adapters are commercially available.
I don't know about sources in Tasmania, but you can google 5mm carb adapter.

here's a link to Motionpro's offering:

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/partno/08-0218
Old 09-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #210
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh View Post
After reading all about this Harmonizer here and on the ST forum I had to get it. I stopped into my local dealer coz I have a slight stumble off the line and they wanted to do a TBS. I asked how much They said $200, I said for get it I just buy the tool and do it my self.