ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #391
Snarfy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 63
Just ordered one, have enough of my carbtune.
Should be coming to Rotterdam, Nederland.
Snarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #392
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by jndomin View Post
Just wondering if it's available yet.
Unfortunately no. Still a few months away :(
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #393
Mens Rea
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mens Rea's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Nor Cal
Oddometer: 182
san rafael ca

Ok, no exciting overseas destinations - just inside CA, so lucky me gets to pay sales tax

I'll be using this on my r1150r commute bike, but I am reviving a 91 k100rs - is there a post on using it on 4 cylinder bikes by balancing in pairs?

thanks
Mens Rea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #394
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mens Rea View Post
Ok, no exciting overseas destinations - just inside CA, so lucky me gets to pay sales tax

I'll be using this on my r1150r commute bike, but I am reviving a 91 k100rs - is there a post on using it on 4 cylinder bikes by balancing in pairs?

thanks
I have balanced a 4-cylinder bike with it. I kept the red port always connected to number 1 cylinder and moved the yellow port connection to cylinders 2,3, and 4. Some bikes have a designated reference cylinder and that cylinder has fixed or limited adjustments. For example, some Honda's specify cylinder number 2 as reference.

Quite frankly it isn't the most convenient tool for motors with more than 2 intakes. But it can be done.
I am working feverishly on a 4-cylinder version but it is still a few months away.
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #395
Howie333
n00b
 
Joined: May 2010
Oddometer: 2
I'm presently considering the 4 cylinder model, but need only a balancer for a twin now. Just figure my next ride could possibly be an in line 4. If I was to buy a current 2 cylinder version harmonizer, It seems fairly easy to just use an aquarium type manifold for the remaining cylinders, but would be simpler to just be able to see all 4 cylinders at once while doing adjustments.

Howie...

Howie333 screwed with this post 01-22-2012 at 05:27 AM
Howie333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #396
jay956
Adventurer
 
jay956's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 75
I have a tuning question. You say you can use the gauge mode to tune each carb using the fuel screw, and reaching the peak vacuum is also the peak efficiency. My bike bike does not have the vacuum port on the carbs themselves, rather on the cylinders. Would I use the same technique? I would imagine so but I wanted to double check. Thanks.
jay956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #397
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay956 View Post
I have a tuning question. You say you can use the gauge mode to tune each carb using the fuel screw, and reaching the peak vacuum is also the peak efficiency. My bike bike does not have the vacuum port on the carbs themselves, rather on the cylinders. Would I use the same technique? I would imagine so but I wanted to double check. Thanks.
Yep, Vacuum is measured anywhere between the carb slide (or butterfly in your case) and the intake valves in the head.

I found a little bit of info here:
http://www.superhawk996.net/

Navigate to:

VTR1000F/Performance and Mods/Carburetor Synchronization on the VTR

I've never tuned a Hondacati but I think this info will be useful to you!
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction

Grok screwed with this post 01-22-2012 at 09:24 PM
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #398
jay956
Adventurer
 
jay956's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Oddometer: 75
Thanks. I've don the sync before. your tool should be a lot nicer than the two snapple bottles I've been using!
jay956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #399
fair1535
n00b
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: South Yorkshire, UK
Oddometer: 1
Harmonizer

Just a quick line to say many thanks for Harmonizer, looking forward to using it, new to this site and already found a wealth of valuable information to help me keep my pride and joy ship shape. 1150 GSA 2003
fair1535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #400
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by fair1535 View Post
Just a quick line to say many thanks for Harmonizer, looking forward to using it, new to this site and already found a wealth of valuable information to help me keep my pride and joy ship shape. 1150 GSA 2003
Thanks!
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #401
Snarfy
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarfy View Post
Just ordered one, have enough of my carbtune.
Should be coming to Rotterdam, Nederland.
I got it !

Somewhere during next week i'll give it a try !
Snarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #402
ereneT
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 73
Got mine, thanks.

I was looking at the end (bike side) of the Harmonizer hoses, and noticed that the hoses are cut (4" long) with a piece of plastic tube (coupling), that must be there for a reason.

Is it ok to cut a couple of pieces of hose (about 2" each) from both of them, so they stay the same length, make a T I need to sink my S10, then replace the two 4" end peaces with the plastic coupling back again?

ereneT screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 02:47 PM
ereneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #403
Grok OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grok's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Folsom, California
Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereneT View Post
Got mine, thanks.

I was looking at the end (bike side) of the Harmonizer hoses, and noticed that the hoses are cut (4" long) with a piece of plastic tube (coupling), that must be there for a reason.

Is it ok to cut a couple of pieces of hose (about 2" each) from both of them, so they stay the same length, make a T I need to sink my S10, then replace the two 4" end peaces with the plastic coupling back again?
Hello sir,

The plastic "couplings" act a restrictors to protect the Harmonizer from backfire and over-stress conditions.
They work in conjunction with the hose volume to act a "snubbers" that limit peak pressures presented to the sensor.
They should remain in place.

There is enough hose length so that stealing a couple of inches from the inboard section wouldn't compromise their function. But if memory serves, the fittings on the S10 are on the small side. So you might get a better permanent fit by buying some 1/8" ID vacuum hose to fabricate your "T" instead of using the Harmonizer 5/32" ID hose.

I tried doing exactly as you suggest when I had the opportunity to use the Harmonizer on a local S10. The Harmonizer hoses didn't leak, but the Yamaha wire-clamps didn't seem to work very well on the 5/32" hose. The local Tenere guys seem to prefer 1/8" hose where it fits to the throttle body.
-Mark
__________________
You can't go backward if you are facing the right direction
Grok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #404
ereneT
Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Ontario
Oddometer: 73
OK, I'll look for the 1/8 ID vacuum hose.
Thanks again
ereneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #405
ekowob
n00b
 
ekowob's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Dunaújváros, Hungary
Oddometer: 1
The harmonizer has arrived.
It's the greatest thing i've ever work with.
Thank you, from Hungary!
ekowob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014