ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 06:31 AM   #46
GSteve
Beastly Adventurer
 
GSteve's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Little Rock, AR
Oddometer: 1,255
From a few days ago in Michigan.

__________________
Steve
Little Rock, AR
GSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #47
Against The Wind
I'm older now but still runnin'
 
Against The Wind's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Oddometer: 1,302
Bryce Canyon, Utah





Colorado Hwy 141

__________________
Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then
Against The Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:42 PM   #48
JWhitmore44
pistolero
 
JWhitmore44's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: NW Kansas
Oddometer: 1,576
Nice 2012 Against the Wind, also like that gray 1800 of GSteve's.


From the top of Trail Ridge Road, not a very good pick, but here's my 1200 from a trip this summer.

__________________
84 Honda Goldwing (GL1200)
03 XR650L
JWhitmore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #49
Tip Over
Whoopsie!
 
Tip Over's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 994
I just picked up an 83 interstate 2 days ago. Coming from a V-Max, this handles better, is more comfortable, has less windblast, wanders less (none at all), and is more confidence inspiring.

It was running on three cylinders when I picked it up, and the carbs were way out of sync, but now it's running beautifully.



Little too much chrome for my taste, but I like the look overall, and the back lights up bright enough that I somewhat feel comfortable that the person behind me can see me at night.



I'm waiting on a stealth mesh one piece suit. I also need to get an antenna, because the screw on top is missing, so I have no tunes right now.
Tip Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:19 AM   #50
JWhitmore44
pistolero
 
JWhitmore44's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: NW Kansas
Oddometer: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlemdog View Post
I also need to get an antenna, because the screw on top is missing, so I have no tunes right now.
Good looking Interstate. If you haven't checked out Steve Saunders Goldwing Facts http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/ take a look in their For Sale/Wanted forum. Several folks parting out some wings there and some one may have your antenna. There are several folks over there that like chrome if you wanted to sell off some of yours.
__________________
84 Honda Goldwing (GL1200)
03 XR650L
JWhitmore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:54 AM   #51
Tip Over
Whoopsie!
 
Tip Over's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
Good looking Interstate. If you haven't checked out Steve Saunders Goldwing Facts http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/ take a look in their For Sale/Wanted forum. Several folks parting out some wings there and some one may have your antenna. There are several folks over there that like chrome if you wanted to sell off some of yours.
Thank you. I didn't know about that forum, I'll sign up today and get the ball rolling.
Tip Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #52
WhatThaFrig
Gnarly Adventurer
 
WhatThaFrig's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: KnoxVegas, TN
Oddometer: 281
Before

After
__________________
"Life is hard! It's even harder when you're stupid!"
John Wayne
Not all who wander are lost!
1982 GL1100 Standard
1980 GS550
WhatThaFrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #53
sammistad
Adventurer
 
sammistad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Somewhere unknown
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNoob View Post
Rented a GL1800 for the day recently. Have to say that it is superior to my GL1200 in every single possible way - fabulous piece of machinery that I really enjoyed riding. My wife was following in the car and commented that she was surprised at the way I was tossing it around. Now working on justifying the upgrade since the 1200 is half hers.
Give the GL200 to your wife and get a brand new Goldwing GL1800.
sammistad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #54
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,678
I get some wobble when changing lanes on the freeway, and I mean, at 80 and trying to ride the bike like a CBR. All guffahs aside, should I really check my steering head bearings and swingarm bearings? or just stop trying to drive it like an A hole?
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #55
JWhitmore44
pistolero
 
JWhitmore44's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: NW Kansas
Oddometer: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by beechum1 View Post
I get some wobble when changing lanes on the freeway, and I mean, at 80 and trying to ride the bike like a CBR. All guffahs aside, should I really check my steering head bearings and swingarm bearings? or just stop trying to drive it like an A hole?
Steering head bearings may be a good place to look, but the front tire will affect handling. Worn front tire can cause wobbles as well as too low of air pressure in the front tire, probably needs to be around 38 to 41 psi. Most folks like the Dunlop E3's but I hear two complaints. One is that they are noisy in a turn and that the front can wear funny causing wobble. My old E3's made it feel like my passenger was squirming around on the back seat at lower speeds. I went with the Bridgestone Spitfire S11 this time around and have been happy with them. Tired front springs and low fork oil could be an issue, progressive springs help quite a bit. Are you running any air pressure in the front forks? Are the rear shocks still holding air? Although I usually feel low air pressure in the rear shocks in the corners when it start to whaller.
__________________
84 Honda Goldwing (GL1200)
03 XR650L
JWhitmore44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #56
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer
 
beechum1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Not home in Tijuana
Oddometer: 7,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhitmore44 View Post
Steering head bearings may be a good place to look, but the front tire will affect handling. Worn front tire can cause wobbles as well as too low of air pressure in the front tire, probably needs to be around 38 to 41 psi. Most folks like the Dunlop E3's but I hear two complaints. One is that they are noisy in a turn and that the front can wear funny causing wobble. My old E3's made it feel like my passenger was squirming around on the back seat at lower speeds. I went with the Bridgestone Spitfire S11 this time around and have been happy with them. Tired front springs and low fork oil could be an issue, progressive springs help quite a bit. Are you running any air pressure in the front forks? Are the rear shocks still holding air? Although I usually feel low air pressure in the rear shocks in the corners when it start to whaller.
New e3's all around, ill check the tire pressures too. I need to rebuild the front and swap the rear from another bike that I've already rebuilt the rear on.... thanks
__________________
Rally Moto Kit /// Vendor Thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pendragon View Post
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #57
MacNoob
Beastly Adventurer
 
MacNoob's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: The mosquito-y Center of Canada
Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammistad View Post
Give the GL200 to your wife and get a brand new Goldwing GL1800.
If I could get my wife off the back of the 1200 I'd get me a farkled up Weestrom with a Russell seat, bar risers, and peg lowers...
MacNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:19 PM   #58
Tommy Gunn
Adventurer
 
Tommy Gunn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: N. GA
Oddometer: 82
Northwest IL near Galena River - These bikes can get you places!

__________________
Tom
Tommy Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #59
rs42sport
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rs42sport's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: glenview, il
Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gunn View Post
Northwest IL near Galena River - These bikes can get you places!


Where is that?? do you have the gps points or a location
__________________
2004 honda silverwing 600
2004 Honda VTX 1300c sold at 25250miles
2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 750 traded at 9800miles
2009 Burgman 400 traded at 9424 miles
2007 Kymco People S 250-traded at 7860 miles
rs42sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #60
andy29847
Dirt Road Rider
 
andy29847's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,166
My Goldwing

1982 GL1100 Interstate with optional Hondaline bag set. She is running strong! and doesn't mind a gravel road.







__________________
Andy Simons
ABC#8350
IBA#7647,
Trenton, SC
Smugmug coupon code = bQItjZEfrqLkI
MOAB Ride Report
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014