Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #781
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
Shit happens when you ride off road. Deal with it or don't do it!
Tough guy ...
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #782
shadygrady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Shit happens when you ride off road. Deal with it or don't do it!
Quote:
Um, apparently, like already stated, your not sure what your talking about so I'll let it pass this time. But when you do get head shake or you do get thrown to the ground by a tiny little stick in the road, or (the list goes on) come back and let us all know how it went for you...
That's a little aggressive don't you think??
shadygrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #783
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
Tough guy ...
nope. just speak the facts!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #784
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadygrady View Post
That's a little aggressive don't you think??
how so? Its just words typed on a forum. was everyone before me aggressive too? and both of the statements refer to different things. thats why i put them in different replies.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #785
shadygrady
Adventurer

Quote:
how so? Its just words typed on a forum. was everyone before me aggressive too? and both of the statements refer to different things. thats why i put them in different replies.
Maybe I'm taking it out of context but I dont see anything constructive out of blanket statements like that. Offer the guy a reasoning of why a steering stabilizer is a good thing. He might just not understand how effective it can be. We all know shit happens and we are "dealing with it". Thats exactly why its being discussed on this forum.

Man, I'm starting to sound like Ward Cleaver!

It just sounded aggressive. Maybe I'm just too sensitive
Old 03-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #786
cug
--

Quote:
Yes, it did sound aggressive. My thought was "asshole", and about 5 seconds later I forgot about it. Certainly not enough to even remember 10 seconds later.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #787
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Maybe I'm taking it out of context but I dont see anything constructive out of blanket statements like that. Offer the guy a reasoning of why a steering stabilizer is a good thing. He might just not understand how effective it can be. We all know shit happens and we are "dealing with it". Thats exactly why its being discussed on this forum.

Man, I'm starting to sound like Ward Cleaver!

I'm not real sure where to start... Don't take things personal. They are words on a page. They have no expression, they have no feelings. Like I had already said the comments were not intended to be put together. Thats why they were put in different replies. So don't put words in my mouth. If you read it the way it should be read it makes sense. The "when you ride off road comment shit happens" comment was directed towards the complaining that mud gets caught in your fender and rocks get thrown, and damages your bike discussion. If you decide to ride off road, especially in rocky or muddy conditions, your bike will have more bumps and bruises than if you stay on the tarmac. It's the truth. It not butter coated because there is no way to butter coat it. It is what it is!

Ok now lets talk about the steering stabilizer. If you don't know what a steering stabilizer is then do a little research. Steering stabilizers are good things and they keep the front end going straight when it doesn't always want to. When the front end wobbles or doesn't go in a straight line it causes bad things to happen. This bike is very very prone to this. The very first thing I said this bike needs is a steering stabilizer.

Why am I the one getting hazed here? I'm not the only one, or the first one that commented on any of this!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #788
shadygrady
Adventurer

Quote:
I'm not real sure where to start... Don't take things personal. They are words on a page. They have no expression, they have no feelings. Like I had already said the comments were not intended to be put together. Thats why they were put in different replies. So don't put words in my mouth. If you read it the way it should be read it makes sense. The "when you ride off road comment shit happens" comment was directed towards the complaining that mud gets caught in your fender and rocks get thrown, and damages your bike discussion. If you decide to ride off road, especially in rocky or muddy conditions, your bike will have more bumps and bruises than if you stay on the tarmac. It's the truth. It not butter coated because there is no way to butter coat it. It is what it is!

Ok now lets talk about the steering stabilizer. If you don't know what a steering stabilizer is then do a little research. Steering stabilizers are good things and they keep the front end going straight when it doesn't always want to. When the front end wobbles or doesn't go in a straight line it causes bad things to happen. This bike is very very prone to this. The very first thing I said this bike needs is a steering stabilizer.

Why am I the one getting hazed here? I'm not the only one, or the first one that commented on any of this!!!
Thanks for the detailed response. I suppose after that explanation, I took everything out of context. Sometimes I dont have time to read through pages of comments to help paint a clearer picture of the topic. It was my bad for reading your last two comments and forming a quick opinion.

Thanks for being level headed and explaining yourself. I apologize for the hazing

Lets all hug it out
Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #789
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 9,487
Quote:
When the front end wobbles or doesn't go in a straight line it causes bad things to happen. This bike is very very prone to this. The very first thing I said this bike needs is a steering stabilizer.
Not trying to start a fight, but what experiences have you had on your Tiger that leads you to your need for a stabilizer?

Personally, I feel the XC is extremely stable and not at all likely to induce speed weave or wobble. I've yet to experience such on this bike.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #790
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™ View Post
Not trying to start a fight, but what experiences have you had on your Tiger that leads you to your need for a stabilizer?

Personally, I feel the XC is extremely stable and not at all likely to induce speed weave or wobble. I've yet to experience such on this bike.
Me neither.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #791
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,223
Quote:

Oh come on now, you know you want to start a fight....
Seriously, the Tiger front end is very stable. I have not had any head shake at any speeds but I do ride very aggressive rocky off road trails and that is why I want one. The rocks can knock you off line very quickly and the stabilizer is one of the BEST addition to a bike.. I do know how they work, and I like them. My opinion though....
Old 03-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #792
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed response. I suppose after that explanation, I took everything out of context. Sometimes I dont have time to read through pages of comments to help paint a clearer picture of the topic. It was my bad for reading your last two comments and forming a quick opinion.

Thanks for being level headed and explaining yourself. I apologize for the hazing

Lets all hug it out
It's all good. Trust me, I'm not worked up about it. I always try to read the entire (or most of) thread/discussion before I respond to things...

fbj913 screwed with this post 03-01-2012 at 11:50 AM
Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #793
fbj913
I ride

Quote:

Not a fight at all. I have had some wobble and head shake at highways speeds, and like what was just said above in rocky areas. I also get that mad front end swing in very loose conditions like soft muddish stuff.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #794
cug
--

Quote:
It's all good. Trust me, I'm not worked up about it. I always try to read the entire (or most of) thread/discussion before I respond to things...
That would make me rather worked up before I even reach the end ...
Old 03-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #795
mickd
crash test dummie

Oddometer: 1,847
Quote:

cos you sound like a ass hole

I've just been to my first muslim birthday party. Musical chairs was a bit slow but F**k me, pass the parcel was bloody quick.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote