Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #916
RichardU
Let's Ride

Oddometer: 890
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
To answer that take a look at how far back your chain adjusters are. Mine are quite a way back already so I'd probably have to remove a link. YMMV.
I would use the stock chain length until I knew I couldn't tighten the chain enough. Even if the adjusters are far back, removing a link might make it too short.
RichardU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #917
MisterPX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
Where are you guys on your alignment marks currently? I'm at 3rd dot from the rear, with a 16T. Put on a 15T, and was at 2 dots from the rear. Put the 16T back on for a trip, and back to 3rd dot. Swapping sprockets takes about 5 minutes, not including chain adjustment.
MisterPX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #918
easypeasy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
I don't know where to find it yet, but I plan on putting dual brake lines on my front. These pictures show the split at the top & the lines run down one on each tube. That way you can run without a front fender and nothing will happen.

I have a local company ready to make my braided dual brake lines for about $120.00 and I am ready to pull the trigger on this but, I can not find any braket for the lower end of the fork for the brake lines to go through. Anybody know who might make what I need ?
easypeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #919
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by easypeasy View Post
I have a local company ready to make my braided dual brake lines for about $120.00 and I am ready to pull the trigger on this but, I can not find any braket for the lower end of the fork for the brake lines to go through. Anybody know who might make what I need ?
do you have ABS?
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #920
easypeasy
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
do you have ABS?
no
Old 04-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #921
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
no
just use some zip ties, here is some more pics.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740549
Old 04-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #922
easypeasy
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbj913 View Post
just use some zip ties, here is some more pics.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740549
Yah but that would be to easy. I would think that there would be some sort of clamp or guide available that would fit the forks and also hold the brake line. Sure would not want the brake line to slip and catch a nobbie, that would kind of defeat the whole purpose...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 PM   #923
DirtRoamer
BeerMeister

Oddometer: 13
Is there a problem doing the brake line replacement if I have abs? If not I'd like to order a pair as well and ditch my front fender...
DirtRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 AM   #924
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,444
Quote:
I can not find any braket for the lower end of the fork for the brake lines to go through. Anybody know who might make what I need ?
Take a trip round your Enduro bike dealer. I remember my XR Hondas having a steel loop around the fork legs with a plastic insert to guide the brake line. More modern bikes should have something similar.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:45 AM   #925
Rob Dirt
More or less in line

Oddometer: 2,534
Easypeasy, you want the brake line slack to be at the top. I have not done mine yet, but you should be able to install everything with the front tire off the ground (forks fully extended) & have the correct amount of slack.

DirtRoamer, the ABS version will require running the brake lines to the ABS unit & from the unit to the front wheel. Also, to correctly bleed the ABS unit you will need a dealer tool.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #926
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Easypeasy, you want the brake line slack to be at the top. I have not done mine yet, but you should be able to install everything with the front tire off the ground (forks fully extended) & have the correct amount of slack.

DirtRoamer, the ABS version will require running the brake lines to the ABS unit & from the unit to the front wheel. Also, to correctly bleed the ABS unit you will need a dealer tool.

yah what he said
Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #927
shadygrady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Yah but that would be to easy. I would think that there would be some sort of clamp or guide available that would fit the forks and also hold the brake line. Sure would not want the brake line to slip and catch a nobbie, that would kind of defeat the whole purpose...
I used a KTM brake hose guide and attached it to the fender mounting bracket http://www.ktm-parts.com/60013025100.html

Here's where I got the idea: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41610

Quote:
If you're only changing the lines, there shouldn't be a need to bleed the ABS. (This from 2 Triumph techs). The ABS unit is a closed system until the servo's are activated. Just bleed the brakes the normal way.
shadygrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #928
shadygrady
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Is there a problem doing the brake line replacement if I have abs? If not I'd like to order a pair as well and ditch my front fender...
I personally think the low fender is hideous and takes away from the 'bad ass-ness' of the bike, but you might want to reconsider getting rid of the fender all together. That beak is prob not going to keep much off of you or the bike, especially when you turn the wheel to the side. There are some advrider threads that discuss some high fender options on different bikes that you can get some ideas from so you can get rid of that ugly low fender without sacrificing rain/mud protection.

What I did in an effort to salvage and save money, is cut the fork guards off the fender. I reinforced them so they wouldnt vibrate against the forks and mounted them. I relocated the fender under the lower triple tree with U bolts. Looks much much better. I have parts getting painted right now so I haven't been able to give it a thorough test. We'll see how it works and holds up!

shadygrady screwed with this post 04-06-2012 at 02:23 PM
shadygrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #929
fbj913
I ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadygrady View Post
I personally think the low fender is hideous and takes away from the 'bad ass-ness' of the bike, but you might want to reconsider getting rid of the fender all together. That beak is prob not going to keep much off of you or the bike, especially when you turn the wheel to the side. There are some advrider threads that discuss some high fender options on different bikes that you can get some ideas from so you can get rid of that ugly low fender without sacrificing rain/mud protection.

What I did in an effort to salvage and safe money, is cut the fork guards off the fender. I reinforced them so they wouldnt vibrate against the forks and mounted them. I relocated the fender under the lower triple tree with U bolts. Looks much much better. I have parts getting painted right now so I haven't been able to give it a thorough test. We'll see how it works and holds up!
PICS!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #930
fbj913
I ride

52 rear