Go Ned
Thats my happy face.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #3858
Lav1200
Pig Pen

Oddometer: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule View Post
Inmate RhodeHazard created that awesome artistic print of Ned that was posted a few days ago, and has made it available for purchase -- $10 of each print ($14) will go straight to support Ned's Neduro to Dakar Fund.
Thanks RhodeHazard... order just placed. Hoping to get it signed by Neduro someday.
Lav1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #3859
Tesla314
>_<

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenduro View Post
As a musician, I came from another world, another whole way of seeing and relating.
Hi Momduro! Thought you might be interested to hear there's an ADV inmate who's a concert violist and travels around to his gigs by motorcycle (carbon fiber viola strapped to his back). Something to read in February when all the madness has quieted down

Tesla314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:33 AM   #3860
GSL
Team Big Wheel

Oddometer: 1,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.mc View Post
Thats my happy face.
IBA #10979 - Member COHVCO - Member CMTRA - Lifetime Member Blue Ribbon Coalition - Member NMOHVA - Member NCTR
My picture site
GSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:43 AM   #3861
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Momduro-so true about misconceptions of our riding lifestyle. I'm happy to report that all ADVers that I've met or had contact with I consider brothers and sisters, surrogate fathers and mothers. It's weird, unexplainable, and I never ask why. Sure theres a few bad apples, but not many. I feel lucky to have found advrider, which led me to so many new friends and hero's to root for. Oh, and ....

GO NED GO!!!!!
And we run into each other in the strangest places.

Like aerostich in Duluth.

"You're Hardwaregrrl, right?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Drif10. Wanna go to a bbq?"

"Sure."

Both a thousand miles from home.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #3862
GSL
Team Big Wheel

Looks like Ned just got thru WP3! Keep on keepin on!
IBA #10979 - Member COHVCO - Member CMTRA - Lifetime Member Blue Ribbon Coalition - Member NMOHVA - Member NCTR
My picture site
Old 01-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #3863
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
wp3 +13:51 70th
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #3864
zenjen
Go Outside

Oddometer: 2,597
Quote:
Good Morning, Nate.

Just had time to listen to this. So glad you posted it. Before listening to this, I already somehow had a sense of the kind of person you are; something in your tone of voice, the sense of depth behind your questions and comments. After hearing this, I see very clearly why Ned has such an affinity with you.

There's been an unexpected gift to famduro in this whole experience. We started out totally uninformed, or should I say totally mis-informed, our impressions of motorcycles and motorcyclists purely a set of cliches from pop culture. Over the years, I have discovered that those cliches are only the tip of the iceberg, and at that, only one iceberg . . . I love the genuineness of you ADV'ers . . . you are real individuals. You think your own thoughts, respect each other, support each other. As a musician, I came from another world, another whole way of seeing and relating. I have been so enriched, enlarged by what I am learning from all of you. Truly, there are many ways in the world, and we would be far poorer to lose any of them.

So - thanks for you story. I know Ned will be glad to see it posted, to hear it, if he has not already done so. He has some of those same kinds of stories . . . picking up a puppy in New Mexico, a wild time lost somewhere in Baja, so many stories that somehow change the way you look at life.

And for those of us who are rather tame "armchair adventurers," we are so much richer because you take us along. Thanks.

Gwen
That's beautiful stuff, Momduro.

zenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #3865
hilslamer
2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer: 1,784
Quote:
So - thanks for you story. I know Ned will be glad to see it posted, to hear it, if he has not already done so. He has some of those same kinds of stories . . . picking up a puppy in New Mexico, a wild time lost somewhere in Baja, so many stories that somehow change the way you look at life.
ALL true, excellent post!

I love the call-ins, too, and while this a side note to all of this, I've been using my Android phone and some recording apps lately a LOT. After listening to things like the RallyRAIDio call-ins from the TDBR endeavor, and myriad other influences, I realized that I have a TON of ways to record things in audio. My phone, my point-and-shoot camera, etc. And with audio, you have a huge element of stealth by comparison to a camera, where people - even animals like dogs, cats and birds - know they are somehow being watched and quantum theory takes over in a much bigger way: by measuring the experience, you are influencing the outcome in a way that makes recording it almost pointless.

My point is that because of the stealth, you get a genuine image of that person's story, of that person's character, and of that person's intent with relating this. And I go back to listen to some of the things I have gathered over the years - friends telling stories about crashes, about divorces, about hilarious moments, the way they changed when they undertook parenthood, etc. - since I started doing this an realize how valuable they are to me. It's a strange blend of autobiography, journal, reality TV and music. It takes me back to that place and those feelings and those thoughts and that time. I never realized how much I enjoy voice-overs in a video or timed to a slideshow of photos until I listen to what we said, heard, etc. So, I record my grandfather recounting war stories at breakfast, my mom recounting me getting lost in the mall when I was a kid, friends telling jokes and stories around the campfire, etc. Most of it I keep totally private because it IS private, but sometimes things have relevance and I dig them back up.

So, to bring this to relavence in this thread, I did the same when Ned and I were headed to the dunes. I recorded a bunch of the conversations Ned and I had in the van on the way to the dunes going over the things he was a bout to learn to look at in a different way. I honestly forgot I had them, until I dropped my phone and had to transfer all the files over to the new one and spotted them last night. In a way, it's almost bettter than any video because you listen to the inflection in our voices and without the facial expressions or hand gestipulations to go with it(very much like PackMule's account of what he loves about riding, etc.), you glean from it a different lesson that is more elemental and without the distraction of the visual parts of the scene.

I'm sending some of those to PackMule shortly, to let him do the editing and maybe play a set of clips here. I think it will add further depth to who Ned is, etc. and also his intentions with the Dakar. Some of it, so far, is amazingly prophetic to what has happened so far. Prophetic, or just going to plan, I suppose. Hopefully we can make something out of it that brings those same features of Ned to light.

hilslamer screwed with this post 01-13-2012 at 09:14 AM
hilslamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #3866
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
wp3 +13:51 70th
Rollin' on through …

GO NED!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #3867
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant

Oddometer: 9,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilslamer
I'm sending some of those to PackMule shortly....

Cool!

emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #3868
Iron Horse
I Make Shit Up

Oddometer: 9,020
Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #3869
GSL
Team Big Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse View Post
My picture site
Old 01-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #3870
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 7,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Horse View Post
ganshert is online now   Reply With Quote