User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2015, 12:22 PM   #1
TEXenvy OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Traded in my bike today!!!

So instead of trying to transform my Thruxton into a comfortable machine for me and resulting in ruining a Thruxton, I opted to trade it in today. A brand new 2014 800 XC SE is being delivered to my home on saturday morning!!!!!! The dealer gave me an offer I couldn't refuse in addition to the manufactures $600 of accessories promo. This dealer is in Orange County NY and has a 2013 Explorer, 2014 Explorer, 2014 Explorer XC, and 2014 Tiger 800 roadie all new leftovers that he wants to move. If you want his info let me know. Can't wait for some warmer weather, anything over 35 and I'll be out. Any factory accessories you guys would recommend?
TEXenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:24 PM   #2
panhndl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Grats. The SE really is a beautiful bike.
panhndl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #3
Black Rhino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 230
Welcome , I love mine.
Black Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:18 PM   #4
Seventy One
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXenvy View Post
So instead of trying to transform my Thruxton into a comfortable machine for me and resulting in ruining a Thruxton, I opted to trade it in today. A brand new 2014 800 XC SE is being delivered to my home on saturday morning!!!!!! The dealer gave me an offer I couldn't refuse in addition to the manufactures $600 of accessories promo. This dealer is in Orange County NY and has a 2013 Explorer, 2014 Explorer, 2014 Explorer XC, and 2014 Tiger 800 roadie all new leftovers that he wants to move. If you want his info let me know. Can't wait for some warmer weather, anything over 35 and I'll be out. Any factory accessories you guys would recommend?
Congrats! I like the Triumph center stand and heated grips. I'm sure a whole bunch of people will chime in to tell me I'm wrong though. Lol.

I bought my '13 in January of '13 and it was among the worst mistakes I ever made. It didn't stop snowing 'til June. I almost went nuts.
2013 Tiger 800XC
Seventy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
nedodjija
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 669
I know how you feel. I traded two bikes for my 2012 800 xc, and can't wait for the weather to get better
Old 01-28-2015, 09:15 PM   #6
Fescue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
I just bought a '14 800XC on Saturday. Already came with the aux. lights, upgraded bash plate, radiator guard and frame protectors. I added engine guard, center stand, headlight protector and a t-shirt with my 600 bucks.
Fescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:46 AM   #7
TEXenvy OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fescue View Post
I just bought a '14 800XC on Saturday. Already came with the aux. lights, upgraded bash plate, radiator guard and frame protectors. I added engine guard, center stand, headlight protector and a t-shirt with my 600 bucks.
How do you like the aux lights? Do they project well?
Old 01-29-2015, 10:06 PM   #8
Crab bait
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Where is Orange County NY?
Crab bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 10:13 PM   #9
Norty01
RIDERCOACH

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab bait View Post
Between LA & Sandy Eggo! LOL!
Norty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:08 AM   #10
TEXenvy OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crab bait View Post
It is 40 miles NW of NYC, 30 minutes from OC Choppers. The dealer is in Middletown NY.
Old Yesterday, 08:10 AM   #11
Bugchewer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
That's cool. I am talking to my dealer rep about trading in my 2014 Scram on a 2013 Roadie. I have two Scrams and would keep my '06 Scram. I had an XC but I didn't use it enough to warrant the XC set up. I know the Roadies will handle the roads perfectly as well as the fire roads I do on occasion. I was in Middletown in October for the Eastern States Championship at the speedway. I drove down and I am envious of the riding opportunities in the Catskills. I may have to make a trip down there this year to ride.
Old Today, 02:51 AM   #12
BDKrivit
Kriv

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
This dealer is in Orange County NY and has a 2013 Explorer, 2014 Explorer, 2014 Explorer XC, and 2014 Tiger 800 roadie all new leftovers that he wants to move. If you want his info let me know. Can't wait for some warmer weather, anything over 35 and I'll be out. Any factory accessories you guys would recommend?
Locomotion? I almost bought that SE last week but found this in the White Plains dealer the next day, outrageously loaded, and oddly enough, sold BY Frank at Locomotion just in September, and traded last week with 1,900 miles for a Street Triple. Enjoy, and see you around Harriman!

Kriv

2013 & 2014 Nutmeg 400
2014 BunBurner
BDKrivit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:07 AM   #13
TEXenvy OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDKrivit View Post
Locomotion? I almost bought that SE last week but found this in the White Plains dealer the next day, outrageously loaded, and oddly enough, sold BY Frank at Locomotion just in September, and traded last week with 1,900 miles for a Street Triple. Enjoy, and see you around Harriman!

Kriv

I bought my Thruxton from Frank, but I got the tiger from Brendan at BMG in Middletown, he is dropping it off this morning. We will definitely run into each other, I'm in Monroe...
Old Today, 08:49 AM   #14
Fescue
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
How do you like the aux lights? Do they project well?
Don't know yet. Dead of winter bike purchase not so conducive to bike riding. Got out for a couple of laps around the neighborhood before it snowed that night. But the lights are freaking bright.
Fescue is offline   Reply With Quote