User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #151
opjocephus
I'm down, I'm down!

Oddometer: 535
Wanted to chime in

Getting ready to leave for the Smokie Mountains. Wanted to show my Wolfman stuff. Empty right now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Wolfman rack is a little different than the one for my XRL. On the XRL rack, the metal retainers on the bags go thru a wire loop on the rack. The Triumph rack has sheet metal with a slot to accept the metal retainer.

IMG_0334

The holes in the sheet metal near the slots are used to mount hard bags. Not sure if another plate is needed or how it works.
"Your eyes look like a couple of piss holes in a snow bank." The Great Jaydini
opjocephus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:02 AM   #152
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Just installed my Givi rack last night. Couldn't ask for a tighter fit on the pipe side. That will probably change once I get a different can though. You've all seen pics of the Givi racks, but I will say I'm pretty pleased with the symmetry. It's a touch wider on the pipe side, but not by much.

I did run into one issue though. After attaching all the lugs and hooking the rack up, I noticed that one of the quick release lugs wasn't fitting as tight as the other 4. The other ones would lock in tight with a definite snap into the detent. This one would just spin rather loosely past the detent with a little force. After pulling two of the lugs off to compare, I noticed that one of them was definitely different. You'll see the one on the left isn't as deep and doesn't have as much of a shoulder as the one on the right. I've already contacted the place I bought it from, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this? I'm hoping they can just send me another lug, not sure I want to deal with a full on exchange. I was already planning on looking into attaching them more permanently anyway. We'll see...

elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:39 AM   #153
markbvt
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I did run into one issue though. After attaching all the lugs and hooking the rack up, I noticed that one of the quick release lugs wasn't fitting as tight as the other 4....

Interesting. Definitely looks like you got one faulty lug. My Givi rack doesn't have that problem at all.

If you can't get them to send you a new lug, though, you could probably add a washer to fill in the gap and make it work properly.

Side note, for anyone who's interested: I've used the Givi racks with Wolfman panniers on two short trips now and am loving them. They do an ideal job holding the bags in position, and in between trips they remove from the bike literally in about 30 seconds. And when it comes time to pack for the next trip, they remount in about the same time. Despite the ease of installation/removal, they're nice and sturdy. Definitely glad I bought them.

--mark

My ride reports: Missile silos, Labrador, twisties, and more

Bennington Triumph Bash, May 30-June 1, 2014
markbvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #154
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by opjocephus View Post
Getting ready to leave for the Smokie Mountains. Wanted to show my Wolfman stuff. Empty right now.................
I love my expedition bags! Awesome and light weight! I will be loading my bike up at the end of the month. I will post some pics after my trip in July.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #155
tommyid1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
on a side note, are you on arfcom misterpx??
tommyid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #156
tommyid1
Adventurer

Happy trails nerf bars and us luggage rack with twisted throttle pelican adapter kits and pelican 1550's
Old 06-08-2012, 07:26 AM   #157
BillDRZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Jesse Luggage

Just installed Jesse Oddesy 2's, I'm preparing for Blue Ridge Parkway in July. I'm very impressed with the quality and space. They look nice on bike and the rack looks good (to me) when panniers are off. Setup seemed pricy but once they arrived it all was worth it!
BillDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #158
CDS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
I put these on last week. They seem to be very sturdy and I love the rack system from H&B.

CDS screwed with this post 06-12-2012 at 02:49 PM
CDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #159
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyid1 View Post

Happy trails nerf bars and us luggage rack with twisted throttle pelican adapter kits and pelican 1550's
Nice setup - would it be possible to get a picture from direct behind the bike?
UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 AM   #160
tommyid1
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
Nice setup - would it be possible to get a picture from direct behind the bike?
do you one better and post a video i did a bit ago

Old 06-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #161
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,628
FWIW

I just got my new Altrider top plate and Givi adaptor in order to mount my Givi Trekker top case.

The new Altrider mounting plate worked perfectly with no bolt hole misalignment issues at all. Some guys had reported the mounting holes were misaligned and had a lot of trouble mounting it up, but that was not the case here. It did take a long time to get my order because they were supposedly on backorder, however, I suspect they might have halted production for a brief time to get the hole alignment correct, which it now is.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 AM   #162
elan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad View Post
FWIW

I just got my new Altrider top plate and Givi adaptor in order to mount my Givi Trekker top case.

The new Altrider mounting plate worked perfectly with no bolt hole misalignment issues at all. Some guys had reported the mounting holes were misaligned and had a lot of trouble mounting it up, but that was not the case here. It did take a long time to get my order because they were supposedly on backorder, however, I suspect they might have halted production for a brief time to get the hole alignment correct, which it now is.
Good to hear. Might be going this route as well.
elan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #163
cronos1013
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialAgentNancy View Post
Check out my rack!

Totally amazing...I just emailed him to see if he'd make me a set...I was considering the HT ones, but with the welding issues I heard about...yea...I'll take a sexy set of those square tube ones any day.

Chris
cronos1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #164
Big Guns
n00b

Oddometer: 3
OK has anybody modified a set of ammo cans to fit ?
Big Guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #165
Shimie
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Hi, this is my brother's 800XC with G+G alu panniers and Touratech rack.

http://motorradalukoffer.magix.net/#Home

Regards.
Shimie is offline   Reply With Quote