Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #301
burmbuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverman View Post
Any update on the new larger size Wolfmans? I don't see anything on their site yet.
Yes. Look in the Vendors thread. You can see them there. I believe they will be available the 1st or 2nd week of March.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #302
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverman View Post
Any update on the new larger size Wolfmans? I don't see anything on their site yet.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=861498
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #303
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 4,412
I would rather have the expeditions. If anybody wants to trade-up I'd buy the smaller ones. They'll go on my HT racks.
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #304
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
Looking for opinions on side cases for my Tiger. I have only ever used side loaders on my other bikes. I am curious if top loading cases are a PITA if you have stuff strapped down on the rear seat? I will use a top case on the rack and have a dry bag with camping gear strapped to the passenger seat for trips. Seams like the dry bag handing over the seat would hinder getting in to top loading cases.
Poweranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #305
ArmyDOC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Too many choices...

Anyone have the Globescout Top Case (at ADVDEPOT) or have any recommendations or insight on Top cases to avoid. Preparing to purchase a top case and looking for an excellent product. Do any of the cases mount directly to the Tiger or do all require and adapter.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #306
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyDOC View Post
Anyone have the Globescout Top Case (at ADVDEPOT) or have any recommendations or insight on Top cases to avoid. Preparing to purchase a top case and looking for an excellent product. Do any of the cases mount directly to the Tiger or do all require and adapter.

Thanks
They all require an adapter, even the OEM one. I was looking at a Trax case before I saw the GlobeScout. Though the cases seem similar to me, the GlobeScount seems to have a much better latching mechanism, IMO, so I'm going with them. There won't be many people in the US with them since up until now there hasn't been a US distributor, and AdvDepot is not selling just yet. Try some of the UK Triumph / Tiger forums - there may be a few people over there with them.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #307
ArmyDOC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
They all require an adapter, even the OEM one. I was looking at a Trax case before I saw the GlobeScout. Though the cases seem similar to me, the GlobeScount seems to have a much better latching mechanism, IMO, so I'm going with them. There won't be many people in the US with them since up until now there hasn't been a US distributor, and AdvDepot is not selling just yet. Try some of the UK Triumph / Tiger forums - there may be a few people over there with them.
Lee, thanks for the info. Going to call ADVDEPOT and see what there timeline for delivery will be. I did like the Trax as well. There are soo many too choose from and all are similar in price. Also looking at Happy Trails.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #308
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,982
Wolfman Monarch Pass Saddlebags

1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #309
HelmetHead Cycle
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
I am also looking at the Trax vs the GlobeScout. Only negative I see in the GlobeScout is the mounting system. It appears that they have mechanisms inside the cases which must be dealt with. Wouldn't these get in the way of sliding bag liners in and out?
HelmetHead Cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #310
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Are you talking about these?

Yes, they will protrude slightly into the case, but I they're relatively low profile. I don't see them being a major issue, and all the fasteners are in the locked case w/o any extra locks other than the on the latches.

Now that I'm looking at the above, I'm wondering what the difference is between the 16mm,17mm, and 18mm mounts? Why 3 sizes?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #311
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,837
Quote:
Now that I'm looking at the above, I'm wondering what the difference is between the 16mm,17mm, and 18mm mounts? Why 3 sizes?
Because these are the three common tube diameters for mounting racks.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #312
HelmetHead Cycle
Gnarly Adventurer

[QUOTE=lmychajluk;21021393]Are you talking about these?

Yes, they will protrude slightly into the case, but I they're relatively low profile. I don't see them being a major issue, and all the fasteners are in the locked case w/o any extra locks other than the on the latches.

I just want to confirm...Are the two on the left for the bottom and the ones on the right (with hand tighten ring) for the top? That would be my guess.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #313
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

I think you are correct. The 'permanent' ones are at the bottom and hook behind the bottom rail of your rack. Then you lever the case up and rotate the little arm into place behind the upper bars, then use the 'wheel' on the inside of the case to tighten it down.

OK, so the measurements match the bar diameter of your racks? What diameter would the Wolfman racks be? Does anyone think the oval shape of the Wolfman racks would be a problem with this type of mounting system?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #314
HelmetHead Cycle
Gnarly Adventurer

One other thing about the GlobeScouts....they appear to be deeper than the Trax, but I cannot find a measurement and advdepot has not replied to my question. Does anyone know?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #315
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

There's a thread going here on the GlobeScouts in the USA:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859924

Here's a link to the dimensions:
http://advdepot.com/globescout-world...al-finish.html