Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #151
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer: 511
I have sent you an e mail re the twin shock rear end, it would be quite expensive as there is a lot of work and he would need to know what suspension your using - are you offsetting the wheel to fit bigger tyre etc but get back to me if your interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosterb View Post
Hey adv950, congrats on doing what most of us only dream about. Bike looks great so far.

Your mate that did the swing arm lengthening and strengthening did it with a mind to do more. Any ideas what he'll charge to do a double sided swing arm like yours? Reall like the idea of the double rather than the single. Would be great for two up overlanding. Has anyone seen a dual seat on an hpn bike?
Old 02-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #152
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Moved on a bit with the build but unable to post any photos for some reason anyone any idea why this facility is blocked ? cheers Jake.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:42 AM   #153
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,946
Jake look here: http://www.advrider.com/forums/annou...php?f=85&a=109

You'll have to get a photo sharing website to host images.
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #154
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Thanks hardware all looks very complicated to me shame as I simply wont update this forum anymore - But thanks for your help. I will try and have opened a smugmug account and see what happens but its like way out of my spectrum and I simply do not understand anything that they are saying on the way to share photos . I will give it a try and see what happens.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #155
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

I think the photos will come up in the next link, they show some progress, Firstly I covered the seat was a bugger took me two attempts to get it right in a two tone blue white with highlighted piping and white stitching. The sub frame has been modified a bit more to allow a new additional rack which was made up for the job - that can be fitted or removed as required, this slides into the rear of the fixed rack upper tubes and threaded bobbins welded on allow bolts to fix through the rack. A third fixing bolt is on the rear centre of the rack to give additional support. The bolts / bobbins will also be used as fixing points for the additional pillion seat pad which I need to recover and make up the mounting plate. The rack can be seen being slid into place then in place and also roughly all together with the seat pad, and mudguard thrown on. My soft luggage system fits really well on this system without need for additional side racks and the removable rear rack handy for longer trips as an additional carrying point. The only things left to do are mounts for the rear indicators which will go in the area straight underneath where the rear rack tubes slide in and then some holes sawn into the two plates between the sub frame down tubes. A bit of cleaning up of the welds and then the sub fram is all done - till the powder coating that is. At last.

adventure950 screwed with this post 02-17-2012 at 09:34 AM
adventure950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #156
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

http://[IMG]http://i1244.photobucket...72/rallyejake/

adventure950 screwed with this post 02-17-2012 at 09:31 AM
Old 02-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #157
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure950 View Post
At your photobucket page:
1. Under each image - Left click to highlight the IMG code.
2. Right click and select "copy".

Back here at ADV:
1. right click and select "paste".

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #158
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Thanks Lornce glad people are helping me along here computers really are not my thing. seems you have made it much easier than the sites own tutorial. cheers.

adventure950 screwed with this post 02-17-2012 at 09:44 AM
Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM   #159
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

A question to anyone that can help I have older 1989 white power forks - see pictures. The original brake caliper is a brembo twin pot but the disc only 235mm so I have got a 320mm disc but need a caliper relocating bracket, its costly to get one made up as a one off - but maybe someone knows if they are already out there somewhere ready made for these older forks - any help much appreciated.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #160
Padmei
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,428
Well never thought I'd find someone even worse on the computorer than me

That seat is fantastic - & giving me ideas
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #161
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventure950 View Post
seems you have made it much easier than the sites own tutorial. cheers.
I have the advantage of being computer challenged. Most tutorials are written by people who live, eat and breath computers. That renders them almost useless to most of us.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:36 PM   #162
hardwaregrrl
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,946
Hey Jake....check with these doodes. A guy named Alois helped me out with my bracket. I sent him some pics and model history, mine was a '99. But they may be able to help....but you'll pay for it.!
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #163
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Hey Jake....check with these doodes. A guy named Alois helped me out with my bracket. I sent him some pics and model history, mine was a '99. But they may be able to help....but you'll pay for it.!
Hey thanks for that link I will give them a go tchus jake.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #164
adventure950 OP
Anglo-Saxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
Well never thought I'd find someone even worse on the computorer than me

That seat is fantastic - & giving me ideas
Whatever you do - Don't get ideas - I did and now I'm broke with along way to go and no bike to ride - just keep an empty head its much easier.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #165
ontic

Oddometer: 1,048
nice work,
and I'm glad you are figuring out image hosting as once you get it, you'll keep it, and it would be a shame if this thread disappeared.

Your brake issue looks like it is going to be a little tricky but not all that hard.
Sorry if you have said it somewhere but what front wheel are you using? Does it have the 'standard' (KTM or other brand) bolt pattern or anything like that- ie is there a new off the shelf 320mm rotor that will just bolt up? If there is then I reckon you are most of the way there.

Once you get the 320mm rotor on, for relocating your caliper you could just make a couple of brackets-

one of them would be a plate that goes over the front/top like this (the black one with 'motard' written on it)

and then the trickier bit- assuming that you don't need to change the depth of the caliper for your new rotor, you'd need to get your fork lug profile copied, probably by milling it into a bit of aluminium of the same thickness as your fork lug.

obviously this is the profile that matters so that the caliper can fit into the new bracket.

If you have to pay for someone to mill it for you, then really, all you would need to do is get that profile milled into a bit of appropriately thick bit of metal- maybe also get the two caliper bolt holes exactly copied.
You could then do the overall shaping of the bracket, and drilling of the last two holes (that bolt to the other^^ relocation plate) in your own time after test fitting it all up.

I hope that makes sense. Ideally someone like 'HE' will have a relocation bracket for you, but with forks that old I somehow doubt it.

removable custom luggage racks, removable pillion seat- although we are doing very different builds we are following some very similar lines-
cheers,
ontic is online now   Reply With Quote