Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #121
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Tubliss is made of a red stripe (or liner, or whatever its called) inflated with a bicycle-like tube. That in turn squeeze the tyre against the rim. Suppose you seal the rim. And the bicycle-like tube is gone. How would you inflate the red stripe?

Paul Jr
Just like on any tubeless rim, by inflating the tire through the valve stem (air-sealed into the rim).
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #122
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Oddometer: 2,032
I run tubliss on my 500exc , there hi maintenance ( go flat after five days ) need to be balanced ,but awesome traction at low psi , next tyre change I will use some slime to see if that helps stop them going flat
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #123
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Just like on any tubeless rim, by inflating the tire through the valve stem (air-sealed into the rim).
I suppose you are aware how a tubliss is built ? How the inner blade could ever inflate ??? The air you would blow into the inner bladder would inevitably find itself into the tyre simply because the inner blader could not be air tight at first ...

The inner bladder is not spring loaded towards the tyre sides. Only an inner tube could "inflate" the inner blader.

I mean, if the tube into the tubliss is gone, how would you make the inner blader air tight enough that you could inflate it to 110 psi ??? You would inflate the tyre first to 18 PSI in hope the bladder would be air tight enough to inflate it afterward ???

Paul Jr

P.s. By the way, you work very late tonite ...
Old 07-14-2012, 12:22 AM   #124
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Paul,

I am not sure what you are trying to do here. The Tubliss and the sealed rim work independently of each other, so if you have both, if one fails the other will provide a backup.

Should the Tubliss liner get a hole and deflate, the air will not have a way to escape as the spoke holes are sealed. And the air pressure in the tire itself will keep the sidewall sealed against the rim (just like a normal tubeless rim).

Same with the spoke holes, if one of them starts leaking it will not matter as the Tubliss keeps the air inside of the tire with the liner.

Have you ever changed a tire on a real tubeless rim? To inflate the tire, if you have Tubliss you inflate that first, if you don't you just blow air into the valve that is sealed into the rim. You don't need anything "spring loaded", the tire will seal fine by itself even before it seats over the bead.

LukasM screwed with this post 07-14-2012 at 12:30 AM
Old 07-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #125
beaney
rally racer

Oddometer: 124
[QUOTE=Mudguts;19124306]
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post

Even better run 2 fuel pumps 1as a back up ,keep the stock and add extra in the front tanks ,it would require either switches or a plug and play but shouldn't be that hard .

Great Minds think alike.
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:15 AM   #126
Gros Buck
Beef = Packed Vegetables

Oddometer: 847
Quote:
I am not sure what you are trying to do here. The Tubliss and the sealed rim work independently of each other, so if you have both, if one fails the other will provide a backup..
Ok

Back to square one.

The tubliss system is made of 3 parts.
1- Rim lock. Drilled with a schradder valve.
2- Bicycle-like tube. And its own schradder valve. The blue part here: http://www.nuetech.com/index.shtml
3- Liner. That's the red part.

Once installed, you inflate the tubliss tube to 100 PSI, using the tube's valve. Then the main air chambre - the tyre - with the schradder valve on the rim lock.

Ok What I understand now, is that you want to seal the rim spokes holes so that when the Tubliss bicycle-like tube is punctured, air would have no way out. That means you will have to find a way to seal the Tubliss bicycle-like tube valve on the rim as well.

Or

You want to remove the Tubliss bicycle-like tube completely and install a tubeless-style valve. But then, how would we initially "inflate" the liner ??? That was my first question.

And by the way, is the valve on the rim-lock sealed properly ??? I wonder if its reliable ...

Paul Jr
Old 07-14-2012, 03:47 AM   #127
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Buck View Post
Ok

Back to square one.

The tubliss system is made of 3 parts.
1- Rim lock. Drilled with a schradder valve.
2- Bicycle-like tube. And its own schradder valve. The blue part here: http://www.nuetech.com/index.shtml
3- Liner. That's the red part.

Once installed, you inflate the tubliss tube to 100 PSI, using the tube's valve. Then the main air chambre - the tyre - with the schradder valve on the rim lock.

Ok What I understand now, is that you want to seal the rim spokes holes so that when the Tubliss bicycle-like tube is punctured, air would have no way out. That means you will have to find a way to seal the Tubliss bicycle-like tube valve on the rim as well.

Or

You want to remove the Tubliss bicycle-like tube completely and install a tubeless-style valve. But then, how would we initially "inflate" the liner ??? That was my first question.

And by the way, is the valve on the rim-lock sealed properly ??? I wonder if its reliable ...

Paul Jr
The tubliss kt comes with rimtape to seal and protect the hi pressure bladder from spokes and help seal the rim
Old 07-14-2012, 04:09 AM   #128
beaney
rally racer

THought this thread was about EI's 690 build, take your tubliss tyres and stick them in their own thread.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #129
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Paul,

I haven't tried it but yes, I do believe the rim lock shrader valve will seal sufficiently once it is tightened.

Beaney is right though, let's get this back on topic. Sorry Evil Invader for the minor diversion.

Here is the now finished 690 Adventure R owned by David Jenni from Enduristan, next to Despres Rally. It was built by KTM Basel with OEM 450 Rally parts and they are thinking about making it available as a kit:

Old 07-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #130
beaney
rally racer

Lukas

I see that they have fitted the 450 rear tank, do you know if they put the injection pump and regulator in that rear tank, ( thats if they still have the injection fitted)

Quote:

Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #131
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
Lukas

I see that they have fitted the 450 rear tank, do you know if they put the injection pump and regulator in that rear tank, ( thats if they still have the injection fitted)
Hi Wes,

I am going to have a chat with them next week, will ask about the pump. I know that David originally planned to keep the stock 690 rear tank, just to show that his Enduristan luggage works well with it. But the 450RR rear tank is a nice addition if you have to run the header/mid-pipe under the foot peg, because then the muffler won't work well in the stock location, at least not without some ugly pipe work.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 AM   #132
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Hey E.I did you get your fuel starvation sorted ,

Speedi , I ( micah) sent you an email last week for prices on your kit could you post a write up on it and how you have mounted the front fuel pump
Old 07-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #133
mickd
crash test dummie

Oddometer: 1,846
It was built by KTM Basel with OEM 450 Rally parts and they are thinking about making it available as a kit:

I've just been to my first muslim birthday party. Musical chairs was a bit slow but F**k me, pass the parcel was bloody quick.
mickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #134
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT

Cape town Ktm have s kit for about $4500 aud .I'll be ordering what I need next week
Old 07-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #135
Evil Invader OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Èllo

MAN did this thread go haywire!!

Sorry for late replies, being busy working and looking after my son....

Not easy be a father, but great fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
Hey E.I did you get your fuel starvation sorted ,
Nope. Will rework it when winter arrives, and think I will still use the Suzi quad pump, and have a vaccumpump help feed it. Really would like the fuelpump out from the tank...
But would still be nice to se Speedi´s sollution.

But for now I just wanna ride the darn thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudguts View Post
Cape town Ktm have s kit for about $4500 aud .I'll be ordering what I need next week
Nice to see I can stir the pot a bit. Remember Mudders, You started it!
Lookin forward for your buildthread!

Still no bashplate though....starting to loose hope on RRUK now...

Got some stickers made for it. Wadayathink?

Oh, and I run mousse!

M Motoadventures
Evil Invader is offline   Reply With Quote