Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #61
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 551
I like the build. But I would go another direction on the pin striping, you gave it a go, it didn't work. To call it vintage has pin stripers of years past rolling over in their graves. Just my opinion, not meant to piss anyone off.

limeymike screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 05:23 PM
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #62
Bravo21
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
I love what is going on here and can't wait to get it running and get the fiberglass work done!
And that's all that matters; that YOU are pleased with what you have going. Build for your satisfaction and to what looks good to your eye, and no one else's. If YOU like what's going on, that's all that matters. Damn the critics.

I say this from several decades of building to please contest judges and people "positioned" in the hobby. It eventually sucked all the creative joy out of a build.

I just wish I had an XS450 to rebuild just now.

Keep going.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #63
Iron_HawK OP
Farkle Enthusiast

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
I like the build. But I would go another direction on the pin striping, you gave it a go, it didn't work. To call it vintage has pin stripers of years past rolling over in their graves. Just my opinion, not meant to piss anyone off.
Thanks for the input but my biggest focus is the budget. I've been building this through college so I have not had a vast income to spend on the bike. I apologize to call it vintage but at least I tried it. I would argue that the "pin striping" wasn't a fail. It did exactly what I wanted it to do. I did the tank for $2.13. This is a barn built bike that I am the one builder of the whole bike. I'm not outsourcing to shops to have "professional" work done on it. I find more pleasure trying my hand at the entire build. I am using the resources that are available to me. Thanks Bravo21, I'm glad you understand. I know I will never build something everyone will love. I'm doing it because I love it and that resurrecting an old bike is so much more valuable to me than all this polished billet chrome choppers and streetbikes. I have $275 total in this bike right now and it shouldn't take much more to finish it.

You say I failed, I say I learned

Iron_HawK is offline   Reply With Quote