ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Seth S OP
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,073
Laundry night...hooray for clean rags.

Plastic arrived today, new pump filterbag and acerbis fuel cap arrived from james renazco...many thanks.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
Seth S OP
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,073
So today I started the paperwork for my FIM license which I need in order to compete in Australia. For interested parties here is the link to the AMA page for such info. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...nalcompetition

So there are 5 documents that need to be completed:

1. FIM application form
2. Medical Examination form
this includes a physics, an electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram
3. Anti-doping form
4. AMA waiver
5. Request for Start form.

$50 for the FIM license
$125 for the insurance
$39 for AMA membership (already a member).

Doctors visit scheduled.

So FIM forms
Import applications and shipping forms
Rally entry forms.

A lot of paperwork but so far no issues.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 AM   #18
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,187
Your welcome

If you need a contact in Perth besides the org my sister in law lives there and step mother in Geraldton. I can get you the numbers. Also think seriously about medjet asist... just in case
__________________
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #19
Seth S OP
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Your welcome

If you need a contact in Perth besides the org my sister in law lives there and step mother in Geraldton. I can get you the numbers. Also think seriously about medjet asist... just in case

Yep medjet or similar is on the todo list.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #20
protondecay123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
protondecay123's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Arkansas
Oddometer: 466
__________________
Sometimes the Lights are all Shinin' on Me
Other times I can barely see
Lately It Occurs to Me
What a Long, Strange Trip it's Been!
protondecay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #21
neduro
Addict
 
neduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Oddometer: 11,779
__________________
Doubletake Mirrors- Folding D/S mirror that is both useful and indestructible.

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #22
SafariBerg
Oz Safari Addict
 
SafariBerg's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Perth Australia
Oddometer: 2,926
Seth quite a few Advrs are Perth residents including myself

Dont hesitate if you need any help or general feedback on what to expect etc just drop a PM

see you soon, good luck with the prep cheers
__________________
2013 Husaberg FE501
2014 Arctic Cat Wildcat X 1000 Rallye
SafariBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #23
UngaWunga
Mosquito bait
 
UngaWunga's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: NH
Oddometer: 6,824
Awesome Seth. Good to hear you're going.
__________________
"There isn't any secret," he said. "It's all very obvious."
UngaWunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #24
Seth S OP
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,073
New chain guide/guard from KTMTwins arrived last night. Now if the rally raid tanks would get here I would be all set. KTMtwins has been good and informative but its been about 6 weeks and its not looking like I'll have them in time to put them in the crate with the bike. As long as they come before the end of August I should be able to ship them ahead. But its getting to the nervous time

***Edit***
Ron at Twins gave me an update....seems they are still waiting for their latest order of tanks from rally raid...so probably a couple more weeks. I'll have to ship them ahead when I get them.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor

Seth S screwed with this post 07-29-2011 at 12:09 PM
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #25
Seth S OP
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,073
one bit of good news. Freshly laced excel 2.15 rear wheel coming back from Woody's next week. Also Paul over at Highway Dirtbikes has gone an extra step to get the top clamp and handguards off and I much appreciate the help. Its amazing how many little things stack up when the clock is ticking.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #26
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies
 
crankshaft's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Burlingtron,VT
Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
one bit of good news. Freshly laced excel 2.15 rear wheel coming back from Woody's next week. Also Paul over at Highway Dirtbikes has gone an extra step to get the top clamp and handguards off and I much appreciate the help. Its amazing how many little things stack up when the clock is ticking.
Very cool!!!! If it helps, you can take my RR tanks and throw them on your bike, I can probably have the thing stripped in about a half hour if that helps?
Pauls stuff is excellent quality, I'm sure the top clamp/ damper will be amazing.
__________________
Just say'IN
crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:48 PM   #27
Seth S OP
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Very cool!!!! If it helps, you can take my RR tanks and throw them on your bike, I can probably have the thing stripped in about a half hour if that helps?
Pauls stuff is excellent quality, I'm sure the top clamp/ damper will be amazing.
Thanks for the offer. Ill let you know if it comes to that. I have a little time as I have to get my import approval from down under.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
Seth S OP
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,073
Picked up 2 michelin desert rear tires today. Retail $230 ea. Makes me glad I am getting a deal....still expensive though. Also forgot how beefy these things are.
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #29
mxracer51
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Oddometer: 93
Seth

Way to go mate. Goodies package coming for you next week! Drop me a text or email on where we are at and what you need help with still.

Go U.S.A!!!

JM
mxracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #30
mxracer51
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Oddometer: 93
Seth

Like we spoke about, i find this strange. I have raced all over the world and I simply turned in my Motorcycling Australia License and then applied for the relevant license in the relevant country. Strange they could not make this happen..... Being a member of the AMA has nothing to do with competition so i have no clue why you could not simply apply for a Motorcycling Australia WA competition license, compete and then just forfeit it. A postal address in Western Australia is all that would be needed i believe and that is easy.

JM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
So today I started the paperwork for my FIM license which I need in order to compete in Australia. For interested parties here is the link to the AMA page for such info. http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/...nalcompetition

So there are 5 documents that need to be completed:

1. FIM application form
2. Medical Examination form
this includes a physics, an electrocardiogram, and an echocardiogram
3. Anti-doping form
4. AMA waiver
5. Request for Start form.

$50 for the FIM license
$125 for the insurance
$39 for AMA membership (already a member).

Doctors visit scheduled.

So FIM forms
Import applications and shipping forms
Rally entry forms.

A lot of paperwork but so far no issues.
mxracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014