Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #151
zombiea
n00b

Oddometer: 3
hi,

I have a couple of questions.

1. I'm attracted to the adjustable backrest and think it might help my lower back. However, I wonder how much cushion the rider gets when you hit a large bump at speed? Does the bike absorb the shock, is it transmitted up your spine, legs?

2. I'd like to be able to commute with this bike going a true 55mph. Is 55mph for 20 minutes a shot too much for this bike? Does it get buzzy?

appreciate the help
Zombiea
zombiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #152
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Oddometer: 763
You are not going to he able to do that speed with this bike unless its just for a minute or so on level ground. 45-50 is fine all day with mine but you are looking at the wrong bike. I wouldn't try to do that with any air cooled gy6 or any of the smaller scoots you are just wringing it out at that point.

What you need is a Honda Helix with a Utopia adjustable backrest. http://www.utpr.com/

I Love my Rowdy to no end but it is more for city riding or surface street or where you can do 45-50 without getting in the way.

deezildennis screwed with this post 09-16-2012 at 10:34 AM Reason: friggen auto correct.
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:12 PM   #153
CaseyJones
Ridin' that train

Oddometer: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiea View Post
hi,

I have a couple of questions.

1. I'm attracted to the adjustable backrest and think it might help my lower back. However, I wonder how much cushion the rider gets when you hit a large bump at speed? Does the bike absorb the shock, is it transmitted up your spine, legs?

2. I'd like to be able to commute with this bike going a true 55mph. Is 55mph for 20 minutes a shot too much for this bike? Does it get buzzy?

appreciate the help
Zombiea
The backrest is not "adjustable" - it's either upraised or down. Seat position, forward or back, is adjustable - but except for small women, everyone is going to want it all the way back.

What the previous poster said about speed is correct. If you need higher speed, look for a Honda Big Ruckus - and prepare to spend three times the money for a good used one.
CaseyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #154
Mike_drz
Banned

Oddometer: 402
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
Here is my Pics. Bike has about 250 miles on it now :)

nice scooters, what a peice of morden engineering
Mike_drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #155
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Thanks. I like it.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #156
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

I had reservations about bumping another Chinese scooter thread since that aren't well recived here, but I did want to let everyone know I was able to somewhat restore the black tubes that were damaged by the S100 wash.

A very kind friend walked me through the process of cutting the original paint and then walked me through budding the paint afterwards. It came out pretty decent even though they aren't as glossy as the once were. They are at least somewhat shiny again and my angst is relieved.

I will get some pics tomorrow. I had a very relaxing 40 mile ride with it tonight in the cool air. Even sat at about 50 mph for a longer period than its ever been and it performed flawlessly without a hitch. The bike seems happy that I am back to riding it if you can believe it.

This really has been a wonderful little bike. I'm glad I am back to riding it.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #157
motolombardo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Hello Dennis, what's the status of your scoot? Still happy? I may be pulling the trigger on one shortly, the only thing holding me back is the somewhat low top speed. Thanks
motolombardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #158
Barnone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,815
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
Thanks. I like it.
Yep, she looks nice. If only she had about twice the displacement....
2014 Ice Bear PBZ110-1P Z50 clone monkey sidecar
2014 Sky Team MC-D34 CT70 clone
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:29 AM   #159
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Sorry for the late reply. The scooter is still doing great. I am riding my helix more than the Rucklone this winter but it is always ready to go if its nice out.
Helix has more wind protection.
Even with the displacement differance I found myself riding the Rucklone more over the past summer.

It runs 50mph all day long. Im not sure how much more I need since I only ride it on surface streets.

For me it has been a good investment. My older helix has been a money pit.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #160
Gigglingoth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Thank you!

Thanks DeezilDennis for these posts. I just put a black version in layaway and hope to have it out soon. These posts have been amazingly helpful. I wish I would have found this forum prior to purchasing it, but on the other hand with all the great things you have to say about your bike, I'm even more thrilled with my choice. Personally I'm having the dealer assemble it. Not because I can't do the work but because his work is covered. I looked at all the other scooters out there and decided I didn't like the typical scooter "look" plus everything seemed to have a seat height of 30 inches or more which could make them problematic for a gal of a towering 4'11" . At least with this bike things are adjustable. I do have a question tho. My husband will be driving me down to pick it up once everything is paid for and completed. I have to drive it home. The drive will be over 2 hours long. Any tips on getting it home safe and sound for that distance?
Gigglingoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #161
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Main thing is keep it out of the higher rpms for 20 or so miles if you can get the shop to do a few runs with that should help. I had my dealer prep it and break it in and then change out the oil to a non synthetic. I would suggest they.change out the spark plug as well to a better grade. I'm sure they know all about this The bike is not made for HWY use unless its just for a few miles and under 50mph. Take the scenic route home and don't beat on it for a bit and you should be fine.

Mine still runs like a champ. I put a yusa brand battery in it over the winter and that really helped out a bit with colder starts. Let it warm up a bit after startup.

Good luck with your new bike.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #162
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,331
[/QUOTE]

the crate is worlds better than ktm uses
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #163
Motovista
Parts is Parts

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
I still can't understand how companies can make such a blatant copy without being shut down.
Most of the companies are worried about getting shut out of the Chinese domestic market, so they put up with blatant copying of both their products and their names. Yamaha sued a company selling Yamato brand scooters in the US, and Piaggio got some Chinese copies of the MP3 yanked off the floor at one of the big Italian trade shows a few years ago, but for the most part, companies as big as GM will look the other way at a company selling Chery brand autos, so they don't get shut out of the booming Chinese market.
Honda pretty much was done with the Helix engine after letting it go to Mexico and die a long drawn out death at least ten years after it was obsolete, so they probably decided that if the Chinese were going to steal their stuff anyway, they might as well give them an old design that would be harder to get past emissions in first world markets every time a new standard comes out.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #164
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,629
If all these were U.S. companies, the original manufacturer would have some legal recourse. But China does not enforce copyright, trademark, and patent laws from other countries. and as long as they use a different name, and slightly different styling, they are safe. Even in the U.S. it is legal to build and sell a fake Harley as long as you don't call it a Harley. Harley's EVo engine was pirated completely. when they came out with the Twin Cam, they took the precaution of patenting most of the parts. They still allow aftermarket copying of some parts, but the company that makes the copy has to meet Harley's standards and pay royalties. Aftermarket parts are common everywhere. I can build an entire small block Chevy without using a single GM part. That includes the block and heads.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #165
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Update,

I have spent way more than I should have on getting my 33K mile Honda helix a bit more roadworthy. I thought about selling this Ruklone to recoup some of what I Spent on the Helix but after thinking of it I would rather keep it and do a Little Farkling here and there to it.

So as it sits now..

I will be replacing the tires with the factory Duro tires. I really liked those on the bike over the last few years. The Panels need to be taken off and Waxed badly. The Valve cover looks to have a minor leak that I Have been putting off for a while. The Dealer I bought it from is taking care of that in a few weeks. A few months ago I rode a gy6 ruckus with some bolt on mods and I liked them and I want to do a few to mine since it wont be a daily rider anymore.

I Have Ordered a Exhaust, air filter and carb jet kit. Why the hell not..

I'll post some pics in a few days of the Rucklone and the Helix. Might have the Exhaust put on the Rucklone by then.

Take care
DD