Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #211
Leshka71
n00b

Oddometer: 4
sharing some info on my BR clone.

hi folks.
i own this scoot for about 6 month and totally love it. i had to give up my car due to lost job in 2012 and needed something for everyday commute. the price was decent - $1500 out of the door including registration. i knew that chinese scooters are not that good, but with my low budget i had no choice. i have a 20 years engineering background and as we say in ukraine - can make a bullet from a piece of sh..t (excuse my french). so i took it home and started PDI. what really scared me - almost every single screw and nut has to be re-tightened. i missed couple of them and almost lost my rear wheel nut. i did some modifications. added tachometer and oil temperature gauge. replaced handlebar with lower one. replaced pegs to lower my legs. replaced all turn/brake lights with LED type. replaced head light bulb to halogen one. installed electric fuel pump instead of vacuum. replaced 17G variator rollers to 15G sliders. main carb jet was updated from 105 to 115. also put performance exhaust (FYI: stock exhaust was installed without a gasket). here are some pix:

Leshka71 screwed with this post 08-02-2013 at 01:16 PM Reason: adding pictures
Leshka71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #212
Gigglingoth
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
The bike looks great! The footpegs I could never do because of my size but really is a nice alternative. Did you do any mods t\for the exhaust? And do you prefer the halogen? I just passed my 1000 mile mark and still love everything about the bike. I ride everyday and don't own a car either nor do I plan to
Gigglingoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #213
Leshka71
n00b

thank you. for new exhaust installation i had to bent one bracket and drill extra hole in holding plate. that was easy mod. my original headlight bulb was really bad, so i bought a H1 bulb. no extra mod need. i also installed a turn signal buzzer, because i always forget to turn it off. i have almost 4000 miles on it in 6 month. 35 miles everyday. just today i noticed that my master brake cylinder site glass cracked. appears to be a common problem. new project is on its way.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #214
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Oddometer: 758
Little update. The bike is only ridden a few days a week now. The bike is still running great and has just had the valve set and filters replaced. The painted has faded on the
handlebars. The fade set in after a hose down with S100 bike wash a while back and I couldn't get it to buff out. I am having these blasted and powdercoated.

It's a on a tender so no problems starting it after sitting. I still ride this more than my helix.
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #215
Leshka71
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
Little update. The bike is only ridden a few days a week now. The bike is still running great and has just had the valve set and filters replaced. The painted has faded on the
handlebars. The fade set in after a hose down with S100 bike wash a while back and I couldn't get it to buff out. I am having these blasted and powdercoated.

It's a on a tender so no problems starting it after sitting. I still ride this more than my helix.
Are you going to do it by yourself or in the shop? For $20.00 i replaced mine with chrome one.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #216
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

I am having them powdercoated at a shop.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #217
Leshka71
n00b

should cost you more than $20.00 :)
Old 08-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #218
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Yes it will, but I want to keep the stock bars and a different style of finish really doesn't appeal to me.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #219
ArtCuisin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterpartsco View Post
We call it a Faux Ruckus, or Fauckus. And pronounce it however you want.
I have heard of them referred to as Rots of Ruck.
(As in Lots of Luck, sorta. Not as humorous when
one has to explain it though.)
ArtCuisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #220
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Put just about 100 miles on Mine today. Seems to be running great.

I had planned on taking the Helix but my wheel bearings went bad. So everything was taken a little slower with the Rucklone but the back rest really helped out.

I bought a NOS 2009 FI Hyosung gv650 a while back and it has been my My main ride for a bit. All my little bike have taken a back seat to the new bike unless its raining I made a post about it on the Road warriors section of the adv forum.

Take care
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 AM   #221
Gigglingoth
Adventurer

Finally!

I read a wonderful posting about Chinese scooters and thought I would share. Maybe some of the doubting Thomas's could learn a thing or two http://www.ebay.com/gds/Real-Life-Ch...7723074/g.html
Old 08-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #222
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigglingoth View Post
I read a wonderful posting about Chinese scooters and thought I would share. Maybe some of the doubting Thomas's could learn a thing or two http://www.ebay.com/gds/Real-Life-Ch...7723074/g.html
After reading the article in the link, I'm not sure I believe this guy. Although he gives a lot of good advice, he also makes some very questionable statements. He says that the Chinese scoots are just as good quality as Honda or Yamaha? Of course that's after you replace all the fluids,belt, spark plug and ignition coil. He also states that a GY6 engine requires premium fuel or it will gum up and destroy the carb. That's interesting. I've been running mine on regular for 12,500 miles with no problems.

He also says not to expose your scooter to the elements. So just ride it on sunny Sunday afternoons and it will last a long time.
I'm sorry but this guy who wrote this article is full of it.

I'm not a Chinese scooter hater. I think it's impressive when someone buys one of these things cheap and then puts the effort into making it run well. But to claim they are just as good as Honda or Yamaha is just BS.

One thing I will say for the Chinese, they do make some scooters that the Japanese, Italians, or Taiwanese should be making like this 150cc Ruckus clone. Why can't Honda do that? Just build it in Thailand to keep the cost down. 150cc is big enough to be practical but still small and light enough to be lots of fun and reasonably inexpensive.

klaviator screwed with this post 08-20-2013 at 12:39 PM
klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #223
Gigglingoth
Adventurer

For me, personally, it's a great article. When I first was doing the research on purchasing my Rowdy every forum I went to and a few owners I came across all stressed using 93 octane so that is what I have always used. Whether a lower octane affects anything or not I chose to not risk the possibilities. This is my only transportation and will do everything in my power to have it around for many, many years. I think he meant something more along common sense when it came to the statement about the elements. Most of us park our vehicles in a garage or put them under tarps/covers to protect them from the elements because over time it does cause damage to a vehicle even if it's only paint fade. As for comparing them to Honda or Yamaha, it's his opinion and I personally feel the same in some respects. I've owned Hondas. Even purchasing them new I change fluids, spark plugs, ect. Not because I don't trust Honda, just because it was the way my father taught me. He's the greatest man I know so I will always follow his word. I agree whole-heartedly that Honda or whomever should make bikes like these that are more buyer friendly and cost effective. I'd surely own more than one
Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 AM   #224
wanna bECO
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 726
Use of high octane fuel is for an engine with high compression. The owners that are using this in a 150 gy6 are wasting money, and they do not understand what that fuel is used for. Unless you own a vette, or another very high compression engine, then it is not needed. The reason I love the honda passport is the engine is very low copression and can be used in country's that have 84 octane fuel. That is how it is designed. IF you use high octane in a chinkallinka scoot, you are wastin money... but hey, I am just some dude on the internet, but research high octane fuel and understand what it is for before putting it in a scoot. If you use it and notice some performance enhancement, it's your mind.. playing tricks on you..

current stable

'94 Harley .... a blue one
'82 Honda passport
'87 Honda spacy 250
And an E Bike
85 spacy 250
81 passport (in pieces, many parts for sale)
The hit's just keep coming.. bought another 81 passport (11-28-09)

http://tiny.cc/ITgetsBETTER
wanna bECO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #225
hugemoth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,541
The 93 octane rating recommendation in Chinese owners manuals is referring to the European rating which is different than the US/Canada rating. 87 US is equivalent to 93 European.
hugemoth is offline   Reply With Quote