tortoise2 screwed with this post 08-15-2011 at 11:31 AM
tortoise2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #17
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandKPhil View Post
Just FYI, the Honda CRF230L is a six-speed, and the MSRP in 2009 was $4549.00, if I remember correctly.
I stand corrected--they are indeed a six speed. Dunno where I heard they had a five speed box. Current MSRP is $4999, though and in my opinion two grand too much. I might buy one at $2999 (a current year bike, not a demo leftover).

Back on subject which Chinese manufacturer builds these Big Ruckus clones?

Eek!! More boring fiction--"One Last Ride in the Hoosier Revisited":
http://www.woodsrat.com
Woodsrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 PM   #18
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Oddometer: 781
Znen made mine. They make the bms astro, ssr rowdy and the Motbravo Florence.

The bms has more Chrome goodies on it and is the most expensive of the 3.
deezildennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:50 PM   #19
Woodsrat
Gone ridin'

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
...$1450 Out the Door with a warranty...
Is the place you bought it an SSR dealer? Or did they just order it from one of the on-line sellers and get a wholesale price?

Eek!! More boring fiction--"One Last Ride in the Hoosier Revisited":
http://www.woodsrat.com
Woodsrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:37 AM   #20
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

I bought it through a local dealer.
Online killer motorsports would have been the guys I went with if I wanted to set it up.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #21
kirkster70
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
I still can't understand how companies can make such a blatant copy without being shut down.
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #22
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

First ride into work at 4am. Might just keep the goofy headlight . It's pretty bright. Need to make a rack for the back for sure.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #23
ronnath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkster70 View Post
I still can't understand how companies can make such a blatant copy without being shut down.
i asked the same question when the Reflex clones popped up and nobody could really answer it.

on another note, this BR clone is ~1500 and the real one was north of 5 grand. honda's profit sure as hell wasn't 3500 on the BR and the difference can't be just because the clone has a smaller engine.

i hope the OP comes back with a lot of pix and even more real world experience - because, dammit, i always like the BR but couldn't find one when i wanted it. in fact, my metro area is over 300,000 and i've never even seen one in the wild.
ronnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:32 AM   #24
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnath View Post

i hope the OP comes back with a lot of pix and even more real world experience - because, dammit, i always like the BR but couldn't find one when i wanted it. in fact, my metro area is over 300,000 and i've never even seen one in the wild.
I posted several pics of it on the first page. Should I put them in the first post?
Old 07-29-2011, 05:37 AM   #25
ronnath
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,445
Quote:
Originally Posted by deezildennis View Post
I posted several pics of it on the first page. Should I put them in the first post?

well, crap, DZ, when i got a notice of new posts it immediately took me to the second page and i didn't look back at the first. thanks for the heads-up.
ronnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:55 AM   #26
baloneyskin daddy
bikaholic

Oddometer: 1,988
Theres a huge difference in quality for one ,durability is also a big issue. These knockoffs are cheap because everything on them is cheaply made. Thats not saying their not a bargain for the money. Ridden at moderate speeds with good eyes and ears for telltale problems and being handy with a wrench can make one of these a money saver.Just don;t expect to hit the open road and take off for A few hundred miles like you could on a water cooled BR. The little aircooled 150s don't like being stressed.
baloneyskin daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:06 AM   #27
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,741
The biggest pain I have had on the 150cc Chinese scooter is the exhaust studs, nuts and gasket. I would upgrade those immediately with the copper gasket before stuff starts falling off. I am at nearly 5,000 miles now of in town driving and the scooter is doing good. Just do the rounds of keeping things tight and change oil every 1,000 miles and it should be fine.
Zip tie the fuel line connections too, there is usually nothing holding it on.

SSR is one of the better brands. They have made killer pit bikes for a while now and know what they are doing.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #28
deezildennis OP
Its a what?

All

Looks like the hoses have clamps pretty much everywhere. I don't know about the 200 miles in one day.. I did put 190 on it though in the 100 deg heat.

Seems like it handles it just fine?

The fit and finish is quite a bit better than the typical China scoot. But yes it is still Not a Honda..
Old 07-29-2011, 09:23 AM   #29
kirkster70
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnath View Post
i asked the same question when the Reflex clones popped up and nobody could really answer it.

on another note, this BR clone is ~1500 and the real one was north of 5 grand. honda's profit sure as hell wasn't 3500 on the BR and the difference can't be just because the clone has a smaller engine.

I agree ^.

If you look long enough, and know where to look ,deals are to be found...

I found an original owner BR in EC with 6k miles for $2250 two weeks ago in KY. I almost bought it to flip, but just got back from a long road trip and didn't feel like going out again.

searchtempest.com

jaxed.com

scooterfinds.com

^ 5 minutes on each site every morning, and you can find whatever you are looking for in 1-2 weeks.
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #30
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
WTF is that? I ain't never seen one of those before! I was thinking of another model when I said it'd be slow and hardly do 50 MPH even though it has 150 cc. I was thinking of an $800 model, it looked nothing like yours and looked almost exactly like a little Ruckus but with 150 cc.

Man is that cool! Looks just like a mini Big Ruck! Sweet!

If I were you though I'd dump that China oil out and no more top speed runs.

The China oil is sometimes although now always cheap crappy oil. And usually for the first 600 miles your not supposed to floor it. But its no big deal just don't do it regularly until you get past break in. Oh and variate your RPMs the best you can.

But VERY cool scoot! 59 MPH GPS is great. I just looked and seen this model on power sports max. Does yours also have a tach?

Are you sure its only 2 MPH off of GPS? Thats wild, most china scoots are way off.