ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #46
guymanbro
da Vermonster

Oddometer: 1,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post
Alright ladies

Sunday is on, on, on! Rain on shine (a little moisture never heard anyone, and the weather is warm, plus we have the tree cover). I sent out an email to those invited, one had a change of plans, and one may have to bail early. Still waiting to hear from guymanbro and mellow. Meeting in Swanzey, NH 9:00 am.

Anyone else, give me a shout, as there still might be room.

I'm in!!!! (As long as I can get my NH OHV sticker before Sunday)

fIRST aMERICAN cHAPTER tEAM nONGA
guymanbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #47
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by guymanbro View Post
I'm in!!!! (As long as I can get my NH OHV sticker before Sunday)
Did you get my email?

I'm not advocating not having a sticker (I have one), but I have seen like 1 ranger (in passing) in the past year and half.

There is an Arctic Cat place in Troy open on Sunday if it comes to it.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #48
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Sunday meeting at 9:00 am. I just sent an email to those who confirmed (3+ myself). Some of you expressed interest in riding around here as well, so whether you want to join us or not is up to you. For future reference, if someone wants to ride the trails, one of the many access points to the trail network is located at.
GPS coordinates: N42 50.515 W72 15.298
Old 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #49
Mellow802
RIDE VT

Oddometer: 41
I can't make this one but hope to inthe future. Im moving ins a week and turns out I have a motto do....go figure.
Thanks for the invite and all the info......have fun
Mellow802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #50
De Oppresso Liber
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Are you sure they will have the OHV sticker at the Troy Arctic Cat? I'd call to make sure..... I have no idea if the would have them applicable for MC use since they don't sell bikes there.... just a thought! You guys have fun, ride safe, and I hope to catch up with you soon on another ride!

Climber backwards, here's a link to some open dates for me to ride. Ceck your dance card and see if you have an open spot!
advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=712241
'05 TTR 250
De Oppresso Liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #51
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Oppresso Liber View Post
Are you sure they will have the OHV sticker at the Troy Arctic Cat? I'd call to make sure..... I have no idea if the would have them applicable for MC use since they don't sell bikes there.... just a thought! You guys have fun, ride safe, and I hope to catch up with you soon on another ride!

Climber backwards, here's a link to some open dates for me to ride. Ceck your dance card and see if you have an open spot!
I got mine there in May. they sell ATVs and the sticker is the same for ATVs and bikes.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #52
DieLivin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Hey Duallies!

Just getting back in touch with my dirty side...

Been a track junky down south for years and just picked up a Multistrada and keep finding myself on gravel roads.

I had put more streetish Kenda 76somethings on the DRZ for dual sport stuff, my knobs are back at the beach in NC.

I have been all over these trails from MA to VT to NH, just short little hour or so jaunts from my place here in Brattleboro. I'm needing my GPS on me at all times as I end up down or up the craziest routes! Love these roads around here! The beaches of NC/SC are all just flat sandy and swampy, but the race tracks rule...year round!

Power lines off of Weatherhead Hollow Rd.

a quick phone vid of a stream I dead ended at on a power line in NH around Swanzee?

hit me up at dielivin@hotmail.com if you want to ride, I'm game for anything, but I'm sure I'm going to be needing some knobs back on the DRZ!
Old 08-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #53
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieLivin View Post
Just getting back in touch with my dirty side...

Been a track junky down south for years and just picked up a Multistrada and keep finding myself on gravel roads.

I had put more streetish Kenda 76somethings on the DRZ for dual sport stuff, my knobs are back at the beach in NC.

I have been all over these trails from MA to VT to NH, just short little hour or so jaunts from my place here in Brattleboro. I'm needing my GPS on me at all times as I end up down or up the craziest routes! Love these roads around here! The beaches of NC/SC are all just flat sandy and swampy, but the race tracks rule...year round!

Power lines off of Weatherhead Hollow Rd.

a quick phone vid of a stream I dead ended at on a power line in NH around Swanzee?

hit me up at dielivin@hotmail.com if you want to ride, I'm game for anything, but I'm sure I'm going to be needing some knobs back on the DRZ!
Ha, I've never seen that brook in Swanzey (not yet), but I came across a waterfall on the border of Swanzey and Troy

And yes, you will need knobs. I quickly learned that even Anakees are pretty useless when things get slippery.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:52 PM   #54
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,635
Nice pics, that power line trail looks great.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #55
henrymartin
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpiner57 View Post
Nice pics, that power line trail looks great.
Tom, are you coming? I know it's a bit far for you.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #56
jackpiner57 OP
Moto-Racks.com

Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Thanks Henry, but I'd never make it in time. Maybe next time. Got back tonight from Cape Cod. I may be joining a ride locally if they are still doing it tomorrow.

"I sort of realize there's a fundamental truth to our nature. Man must explore." -CMDR. David R. Scott
jackpiner57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #57
TMORAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Tropy Arctic Cat Stickers

I bought 3 OHRV stickers there last week.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Oppresso Liber View Post

08 KTM 530 XCRW Dualsported
02 KTM 640 LC4 "Six Days"
05 Triumph Tiger
TMORAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #58
TMORAN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Shit!!!!!

Quote:

I just saw this part..... meaning you f'ers are out there right now!! I've been piddling around with the bikes down in the barn.... I took the family and some neighbors out there last week. with a side by side and the neighbors had four wheelers, one being a Kymco 150 four wheeler. What a POS. they had to tow it all the way back from Richmond to Troy. Slow....slow... ride. I found a great new place to park with lots of nice parking over on the Richmond side.

08 KTM 530 XCRW Dualsported
02 KTM 640 LC4 "Six Days"
05 Triumph Tiger
TMORAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #59
ellivnad
uber n00b

Oddometer: 100
Ride Report

So a few of us northerners got together to do some DSing today despite the rain. The planned route was a mix of gravel and class 4: http://tinyurl.com/44ybr9t

The ride started with 3 of us kicking off from Danville. Here we are on Cole's Pond Road:

We deviated from the route in a few spots, to hit a couple of additional class 4s in Walden, as well as one in Hardwick.

The KLR took a dirt/rock nap down by Nichols Pond resulting in some bash plate / shifter interference:

Nothing a branch, elbow grease and zip ties couldn't fix.

In Hardwick the two guys joining me split off, and another coworker met up after having driven the last section of the route in reverse. We continued on Buffalo Mtn road and Woodbury mountain road. No action photos, as we were hauling arse and having fun, but here is an aftermath photo:

Those roads have dried up a bit in the past couple weeks, so I thought I could drive straight through one of the mud holes... and got swamped. A testament to the E-09s on the bike though, it crawled its way right out with a spectacular fountain of mud. (Those tires have 3k on them so far btw, extremely happy with them).

We ended up skipping the Eagle Ledge road yet again, as we had things to do and were getting hungry. That's certainly still on the list of things to do.
ellivnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #60
ellivnad
uber n00b

Oddometer: 100
Tom (jackpiner57), sorry I missed you! Your voicemail just came through. We must have been sitting at the bottom of Woodbury Mtn road at the same time you were on Eagle Ledge. Maybe you ran into a rider heading south on County road, he was on an old Honda thumper, he headed south just after we split off to head home.
ellivnad is offline   Reply With Quote