ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 04:57 PM   #181
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
Your next post will be about how you got heat stroke tryin to get the hose out of the rear wheel

Yep. I'm sure there will be some stupid thing happen to me about it!
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM   #182
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
Which one? Both new?
The WOLFMAN bag in the picture? :/
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #183
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer
 
vfrgreg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
The WOLFMAN bag in the picture? :/
There was two bags in the picture
__________________
G2

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #184
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
There was two bags in the picture
Generally, when someone takes a pic to show off something, they put it in the foreground and center of the shot... not many people take a picture to show off an item and hide behind other items where it is partially obstructed. Also, I guess I assumed that mentioning that I called Wolfman luggage, that it somehow be a clue as to which bag I was posting about. I apologize if my post and included picture were too confusing to be understood. :)
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #185
vfrgreg
Studly Adventurer
 
vfrgreg's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Generally, when someone takes a pic to show off something, they put it in the foreground and center of the shot... not many people take a picture to show off an item and hide behind other items where it is partially obstructed. Also, I guess I assumed that mentioning that I called Wolfman luggage, that it somehow be a clue as to which bag I was posting about. I apologize if my post and included picture were too confusing to be understood. :)
Bahahahahaha! I knew what you meant. Just thought it was ironic the two bags were set that way in the picture :-)
__________________
G2

R1200RT
vfrgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #186
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrgreg View Post
Your next post will be about how you got heat stroke tryin to get the hose out of the rear wheel
Not to mention it will be like trying to suck a golfball thru a garden hose. The only problem I see is you need to install a cath & piss bag to keep from stopping every 10 minutes.
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 AM   #187
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,966
You realize this is Supah we are talking about.? He claims to be able to suck start a Harley.:ymca




Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Not to mention it will be like trying to suck a golfball thru a garden hose.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #188
Supahflid OP
Wheelieless
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 3,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
You realize this is Supah we are talking about.? He claims to be able to suck start a Harley.:ymca

Whoah! I never made such a claim! I do find it easy to draw a slug of water through those hoses though.
Supahflid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #189
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
You realize this is Supah we are talking about.? He claims to be able to suck start a Harley.:ymca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supahflid View Post
Whoah! I never made such a claim! But I do find it easy to start a leaf blower that way.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #190
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,252
On today's episode of Short Attention Span Garage we have hand guards and skid plate.

Hand guards:


Would have been done while Jackie was cooking dinner (Tacos ). Thanks to one stubborn bar end weight, it took longer.



Done!





Next up, skid plate.



Easy enough, except for the kickstand bolts. Those things were a bitch, right Backwoods?

Done:



Less ground clearance, but I won't worry about following Peaches anymore.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #191
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Next up, skid plate.

Easy enough, except for the kickstand bolts. Those things were a bitch, right Backwoods?


.

Almost made my neighbor cry... I'd have never gotten the bolts out of the stand without his help and the impact driver! Let me know how you like the hand guards. I don't like the "custom" ones on my Wee and don't know if he took them off because of the fancy end weights and throttle lock or just did not like them. I wonder if I could get a stock set back on with the throttle lock... Oh, and how you like that pipe?!?! I looked up what those cost new and doubt it will be on my farkle list any time soon!!!
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #192
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsKLR View Post
Almost made my neighbor cry... I'd have never gotten the bolts out of the stand without his help and the impact driver! Let me know how you like the hand guards. I don't like the "custom" ones on my Wee and don't know if he took them off because of the fancy end weights and throttle lock or just did not like them. I wonder if I could get a stock set back on with the throttle lock... Oh, and how you like that pipe?!?! I looked up what those cost new and doubt it will be on my farkle list any time soon!!!
Too early to say how much I like the hand guards. I'll get back to you after a drop or two and some cold rain.

I LOVE the pipe. It was sort of a consolation prize after we decided a new bike was not in the cards at this time. 15 lbs lighter and no noticeable loss of power down low. Noticeable power increase above 5000 rpm. The welds are a thing of beauty!

I have put the quiet insert back in since we last rode together. I can't tell a difference in power with it in. It is a little louder than stock with the insert, just right. Without the insert it's just right for waking up the neighborhood! A little farty, but in a good way. I'll probably continue to switch it in and out depending on my mood.

FYI: The stock hand guards are just plastic. No metal backbone to provide protection for the levers. They break when you drop it.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #193
backwoodsKLR
Beastly Adventurer
 
backwoodsKLR's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Central Mississippi
Oddometer: 9,266
Wolfman rocks. My new bag came with wrong harness... called and they sent the proper strap 2 day air.... big box for a little strap!
Attached Images
 
backwoodsKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #194
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 4,923
First impression of the ZF1. stupidly responsive. suspension is a little stiff for me. I'm a little lighter then Slaw, going to have to adjust it a little. it's really quite, handles nice and I almost don't have enough butt to get it up on the center stand.

Fun i think so. more when i can actually ride it.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #195
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
First impression of the ZF1. stupidly responsive. suspension is a little stiff for me. I'm a little lighter then Slaw, going to have to adjust it a little. it's really quite, handles nice and I almost don't have enough butt to get it up on the center stand.

Fun i think so. more when i can actually ride it.
I cranked the preload up in the shock - stock setting should be good for you (there is a spanner wrench in the tool kit). Center stand is technique, but mass helps (funny, I never had that problem).
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014