ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #226
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Now back to your regularly scheduled GS/S10 pissing match.

I think it's just a S-10 pissing match.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #227
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Jackson, MS
Oddometer: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
I think it's just a S-10 pissing match.
You sir, have provided me with quite a chuckle on this beautiful evening. Thank you for that.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #228
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
You sir, have provided me with quite a chuckle on this beautiful evening. Thank you for that.

You are very welcome.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #229
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,110
David my issue with you goes back a little like a year. I won't waste our time rehashing that but I will keep this short since I am on my phone. I don't have anything to prove I have already proved it with 30+ years of riding everything with two wheels and pushing my limits which I am the first to admit came up short sometimes. From your response a year ago it's obvious we don't see things the same. If I have a problem its when guys like you spout things you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I researched the Tenere, I waited, I talked (really had nothing else to do) I got it, then there are some who want to tear that down in their own subliminal way. I am high strung with a short fuse as most that really know me will tell you. If I say I can trust me I can. Horn tooting, call it what ever you want too but I have the background to back it up.

Some know how to push my buttons and evidently you do. Yes I am short, sorry to disappoint. As for a challenge isn't that what life is all about? I challenge myself everyday unlike most. Yea you don't know me and that is probably 99% of the real issue here. As for riding your own ride, certainly by all means go right ahead. As for me having a problem, haha nope but nice try at being little miss innocent, I call it like I see it.

Couple a more paragraphs and I can match you.....nah ain't worth it I am tired of phone typing.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #230
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQ View Post
I think it's just a S-10 pissing match.
No one pissing but you and you don't even have one









BTW I added air in my tires today this is still the farkle thread....
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #231
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
David my issue with you goes back a little like a year.I won't waste our time rehashing that but I will keep this short since I am on my phone. I don't have anything to prove I have already proved it with 30+ years of riding everything with two wheels and pushing my limits which I am the first to admit came up short sometimes. From your response a year ago it's obvious we don't see things the same. If I have a problem its when guys like you spout things you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I researched the Tenere, I waited, I talked (really had nothing else to do) I got it, then there are some who want to tear that down in their own subliminal way. I am high strung with a short fuse as most that really know me will tell you. If I say I can trust me I can. Horn tooting, call it what ever you want too but I have the background to back it up.

Some know how to push my buttons and evidently you do. Yes I am short, sorry to disappoint. As for a challenge isn't that what life is all about? I challenge myself everyday unlike most. Yea you don't know me and that is probably 99% of the real issue here. As for riding your own ride, certainly by all means go right ahead. As for me having a problem, haha nope but nice try at being little miss innocent, I call it like I see it.

Couple a more paragraphs and I can match you.....nah ain't worth it I am tired of phone typing.

Maybe we can sit around the fire next weekend and discuss it because I have no idea what I may have said to cause you such ill will toward me. I'm typically a pretty easy going guy but sometimes people push my buttons and I speak my mind. That may have been the case with you a year ago.

As for your experience - ummm, congratulations?

I've only been riding about 4 years, so to save you some heart ache, I'll go ahead and concede. You are probably a better rider than me. Does that mean anything? Not to me. You've been riding motorcycles for 30+ years. Beating me wouldn't prove anything. You should beat me. You'd certainly look like quite the fool if you didn't.







Btw, I put a new chain and sprocket on the Husky. I went with a 47 tooth but after riding it I'm wishing I would have gone to a 49 tooth.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #232
RoyQ
Beastly Adventurer
 
RoyQ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,110
David don't you drink coors light?


If so the first 6 are on me

I look forward to ironing out our indifferences at the fire ring.
__________________
2012 YAMAHA Super Ténéré
'11 GSXR750
'11 GSXR1000 racebike
WERA Expert #826
RoyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:23 PM   #233
DavidQ
We Don't Rent Pigs
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Brandon, MS
Oddometer: 1,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyQ View Post
David don't you drink coors light?


If so the first 6 are on me

I look forward to ironing out our indifferences at the fire ring.

Yep, I drink Coors light.

Sounds good. I'll bring the koozies.
__________________
2001 1150GS / Ural Hack
2011 990 Adv R
Colorado / Utah 2010
Colorado / Utah 2011
NM, CO, UT, AZ 2012
DavidQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 PM   #234
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 5,211
Next weekend is going to be interesting. Oh yeah bike stuff. i the CL100 toasted the rings today.. going to mess with it tomorrow so more.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:46 PM   #235
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Damn this has been a fun read tonight.

BTW, DQ could pick up and throw the Tenere more than the distance of a couple Roys laid end to end, so I'd STFU if I were you.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #236
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Jackson, MS
Oddometer: 5,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
Damn this has been a fun read tonight.

BTW, DQ could pick up and throw the Tenere more than the distance of a couple Roys laid end to end, so I'd STFU if I were you.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #237
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy1298 View Post
Damn this has been a fun read tonight.

BTW, DQ could pick up and throw the Tenere more than the distance of a couple Roys laid end to end, so I'd STFU if I were you.
WGARA? Did you ever read the story of David and Goliath?
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:54 PM   #238
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSrider View Post
WGARA? Did you ever read the story of David and Goliath?
Yep. David was a humble servant of God at the time, and Goliath was a pushy, bully, with a chip on his shoulder. Completely different scenario.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #239
MSrider
Rebel with a sixfiddy
 
MSrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Florence, Mizzippi
Oddometer: 4,271
And still is. Didn't mean to pizz you off.
__________________
KOKA
MSrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #240
Trophy1298
Vicarious Cowboy
 
Trophy1298's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: THE SOUTH
Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSrider View Post
And still is. Didn't mean to pizz you off.
Hahaha... Me pissed off??? Come one MS, you know me better than that.
__________________
I'll be back....
Trophy1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014