User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
GotDR650 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Riding the ol' lady from Germany to Morocco

The past 18 days I have done a trip to Morocco and back. I decided to use the train from Germany to Narbonne and then ride from there. I drove from southern france all the way to Marbella to pick up my girl and ride to morocco. I will be uploading photos soon. I have been editing my video for hours and my laptop surrenderd
I will upload a final version and the photos tomorrow. My eyes hurt from staring at the screen.

BTW.. im looking for a swedish or norwegian KTM 990 Adventure driver who was on the same train and also went to Morocco. Could be that he is on advrider.
Oooh and where do I get the ADV sticker from???

Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzU11tyEzZo

have fun
DR 650 SuperMoto
Yamaha TX 650
Yamaha XJR 1300
BMW R75/5 Toaster
BMW R90/6
BMW R1100GS
Suzuki GS1000S

GotDR650 screwed with this post 07-09-2013 at 01:07 PM
GotDR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
pip_muenster
curious

Oddometer: 410
Waiting for the photos ...

Oh, and there's a sticky stickers thread in the vendors forum.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
GotDR650 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
As promised I uploaded the photos and will share my trip with the ADV board. This is my first RR, I will be getting at making these when time goes by.

Soooo, my trip started in the Harz Mountains in Germany. From here i drove to Düsseldorf and catch the train to Narbonne. 550Euros for there and back is alot of money for a young guy but when it goes about riding who cares. After an 8 hour delay the train arrived and I could unload the 11 GS.

Preparing tools and other gear for the trip. When I went to Wales last year, the clutch cable snapped right outside my girlfriends house when I was on my way back to Germany. How lucky way I?. Got a new installed and took one as spare. My thoughts were that I would meet a guy on the way that had the same problem as me in Wales and I could help him out :)

First stop on the way to the train.

I was 90min early so I decided to buy a beer and celebrate the first route. It was 28°C and the ice cold beer tasted real good.

Time after time the others arrived and we started chatting about bikes, trips, women and if there was going to be enough beer on the train to keep the party going. At first I didnt like the idea of going by train but after meeting all these people I knew it was going to be fun.

6 person sleeper. Only 5 allowed though, which is good cause the gear needs to be placed some where.

We got off the train at around 6 and my plan was to do atleast 500km that day. Thanks to the train my plan and route were destroyed. Valencia was canceled. I set off going south till I decided to call it the day, put up the tent and have some beers. I came to a town on the eastern coast of spain called Roses. Pretty nice and alot of tourists. I went to the next campsite and stayed for the night.
In spain they dont seem to have proper soil like in Germany and the UK. It was more stones and hard sandstone. Back at home I hammerd all of the (dont know the name in english) back straight. They hold down the tent. I took 4 extra ones which I took from the army and late at around 9:30 i started hammering them into the ground. All other campers must have hatted me :)

On the front gate it said "opening at 8". I stood there till 8:45 until i peeped my horn for so long get someones attention that would open the gate. The guy in charge was so pissed of at me cause the lock attached to the gate was actualy open. There was a note in spanish saying that but, I dont speak spanish.

Took this on the way to the sierra nevada.

I followed this road for about 300km and only seen a couple of cars. Its one of these roads where you spend hours of singing and talking to yourself. The worst thing I started doing was counting the signs that marked the edge of the road. They are 50m apart and I still had 240km, I decided not to calculate how many I would pass.

Some km down the road

Camp ground in the Sierra Nevada after having a look inside the town of Granada. Wish I had more time to spend there what an amazing place.

Alot of hammering was needed to secure the tent. Nothing but rocks.

What a view

My girlfiends parents flat in Marbella. We stayed for the time being.

Me and my girld down at the beach

Now its time for me to grab a beer and go out with some of my friends. I will upload the Morocco part tomorrow.

Hope you enjoy my first RR. Im still learning
DR 650 SuperMoto
Yamaha TX 650
Yamaha XJR 1300
BMW R75/5 Toaster
BMW R90/6
BMW R1100GS
Suzuki GS1000S
GotDR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
Rutabaga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 725
Enjoying.
Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Mcgee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 226
In your first video the road looks a little narrow for to much truck traffic! Great ride so far, will be tagging along. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:14 AM   #6
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,710
It seems they might cause a problem along the way so in English we call them "tent pegs."
cheers. keep it coming.

IBA#39,523
conchscooter is offline   Reply With Quote