Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #2551
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruebane View Post
forgot about this site ...

hello all

Howzit Grue, when are you off to the coast?
Welshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #2552
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Oddometer: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshman View Post
Howzit Grue, when are you off to the coast?
First thing tomorrow morning !!!! ...over look the ocean from the bush tavern (ja what a name for a pub overlooking the ocean , these okes at the coast are crazy) from about 1 pm tomorrow if all goes well.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #2553
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Quote:
First thing tomorrow morning !!!! ...over look the ocean from the bush tavern (ja what a name for a pub overlooking the ocean , these okes at the coast are crazy) from about 1 pm tomorrow if all goes well.

Enjoy, the highways are looking kark heavy loaded
Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 PM   #2554
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Quote:
Enjoy, the highways are looking kark heavy loaded
12.5 hours to get here unfknbelievable ..... vaalies are crazy and to boot my lil lad woke us up at 1 AM with some serious sounding throat infection so off to umhlanga casualty with us...back at the digs now ...peace in the world ...but it is 03:30

may the next 10 days be better than the last one
Old 04-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #2555
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Quote:
12.5 hours to get here unfknbelievable ..... vaalies are crazy and to boot my lil lad woke us up at 1 AM with some serious sounding throat infection so off to umhlanga casualty with us...back at the digs now ...peace in the world ...but it is 03:30

may the next 10 days be better than the last one
I heard from a few people it was a 12 hour run to get down there crazy, I have been smashing knuckles trying to change suspension so don,t feel bad
Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #2556
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,930
The great trek all over again. Only one road may be worse: The one north to Zion city.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #2557
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

It was madness....3 ,5 hours into the journey we had not even gotten to Villiers ...turned off the N3 and did dirt to memel ...even having engage 4 x 4 on 2 occasions ...never saw another car of 2 hours ...had a couple of beers (as one does ) in memel hotel then came thru dannhauser,pommeroy and stanger. saved my sanity. Mate of mine stayed on the N3 and 12 hours...there was a 14 km backup at the mooirover toll plaza...guess who would not pay in that situation...i would be livid.

am travelling with my mom and my mom in law so the time sitting in a car was a lil tough on them. I really thought with the separation of easter an school holidays it would not be bad this year....did i get it wrong
Old 04-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #2558
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Quote:
It was madness....3 ,5 hours into the journey we had not even gotten to Villiers ...turned off the N3 and did dirt to memel ...even having engage 4 x 4 on 2 occasions ...never saw another car of 2 hours ...had a couple of beers (as one does ) in memel hotel then came thru dannhauser,pommeroy and stanger. saved my sanity. Mate of mine stayed on the N3 and 12 hours...there was a 14 km backup at the mooirover toll plaza...guess who would not pay in that situation...i would be livid.

am travelling with my mom and my mom in law so the time sitting in a car was a lil tough on them. I really thought with the separation of easter an school holidays it would not be bad this year....did i get it wrong
Well I will pay penance today, taking family to the Rand Show
Old 04-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #2559
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Quote:
Well I will pay penance today, taking family to the Rand Show
aint been to one in years ... off to pub now bush tavern n umdloti..pull in.

lekker place , overlooks the ocean .... kark name
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #2560
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Quote:
aint been to one in years ... off to pub now bush tavern n umdloti..pull in.

lekker place , overlooks the ocean .... kark name

Show was as you would remember it, fairly kark
Old 05-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #2561
fatdewey
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Questions from Utah

Hi Ya all! I have been a lurker on ADV for some time now but not much of a poster although I love the site. As some of you may or may not know Utah is famous for a couple of things, world class skiing and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints ( the Mormons). To make a long story short my son will be leaving in October to serve a mission for the Mormon church in the Johannesburg South Africa Mission. I think it is a great honor for him to be serving in your great country. One of the things I love about this site are the myriad of pictures, stories and friendly members. I guess what I was hoping for was some suggested ride reports from the area so I can get to know the area a little (concerned Dad ya know). Additionally, He is trying to find as much information as possible over the next couple months and since both of us like getting out on dual sports I think it would be fun to share these with him. Any suggestions and input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
fatdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 PM   #2562
Welshman
B.U.F.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdewey View Post
Hi Ya all! I have been a lurker on ADV for some time now but not much of a poster although I love the site. As some of you may or may not know Utah is famous for a couple of things, world class skiing and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints ( the Mormons). To make a long story short my son will be leaving in October to serve a mission for the Mormon church in the Johannesburg South Africa Mission. I think it is a great honor for him to be serving in your great country. One of the things I love about this site are the myriad of pictures, stories and friendly members. I guess what I was hoping for was some suggested ride reports from the area so I can get to know the area a little (concerned Dad ya know). Additionally, He is trying to find as much information as possible over the next couple months and since both of us like getting out on dual sports I think it would be fun to share these with him. Any suggestions and input would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try Wilddog.forum
Old 05-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #2563
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Quote:
When your son due to come here?

And give me a heads up i would be happy to show him around a bit ....
Old 05-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #2564
fatdewey
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
When your son due to come here?

And give me a heads up i would be happy to show him around a bit ....

He is due to be there October 13 and will be in The churches training center for a few weeks and then gets asigned to a Companion that has been in the country for a while. As we get closer ill let you know. Thats the one thing i truly like about the ADV folks, always looking out for each other. Thanks a bunch.
fatdewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:06 AM   #2565
Gruebane OP
Pawn Star

Quote:
He is due to be there October 13 and will be in The churches training center for a few weeks and then gets asigned to a Companion that has been in the country for a while. As we get closer ill let you know. Thats the one thing i truly like about the ADV folks, always looking out for each other. Thanks a bunch.
No sweat ..I would be happy to show him around johannesburg and surrounds. Got a spare room too if he can handle the noise from my lil 3 year old ..

nice time of the year ... just getting into our summer ....

cheers