ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Shiny things
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #376
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,214
Thanks to whoever it was that tipped me off to Kitty Wireless, I like not spending muh for phone service.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #377
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer
 
Grreatdog's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Annapolis, MD
Oddometer: 9,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
A client of mine had the Note II - they are already out. I saw it here at work.
Not sure I could own one after a local radio show was calling them a "phablet".

But, if you can stand to carry something that big, they do look pretty awesome.
__________________
640E, MXC200, XT200
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #378
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,824
Overall, how happy with the service, coverage area, and speed of network are y'all who are using StraightTalk? My 2 years with AT&T are up the first of April and if StraightTalk is as nice as everyone says I will probably switch to them. Then the wife and I would be paying $90 a month (plus taxes and fees) instead of the $150 a month we pay now (with taxes and fees).

Which brings up another question... What are the taxes and fees on the $45 plans?

I plan on going with the Nexus 4, unless the rumors are true that the Nexus 5 will be announced the middle of March.
__________________
2002 Yamaha FZ1
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #379
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,755
Straight talk is a mvno that uses either tmobile or att, so coverage should be similar to one of those (no roaming though, I think).

Nexus 5 will probably not be out until may at the earliest, at google i/o.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #380
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,824
Is there any way to know for sure if you are using ATT service or TMobile with straighttalk? I ask because where I work ATT is fine, TMobile's service does not penetrate the walls (hospital). If it used the one with the best service then I would be fine. However, there is now no mention of ATT anywhere on the StraightTalk website (there used to be) but I do see a lot of about using TMobile phones. Have they unofficially dropped ATT usage for their plans?

If so, I'll probably still pick up the Nexus 4, and stay with ATT.
__________________
2002 Yamaha FZ1
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #381
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Is there any way to know for sure if you are using ATT service or TMobile with straighttalk? I ask because where I work ATT is fine, TMobile's service does not penetrate the walls (hospital). If it used the one with the best service then I would be fine. However, there is now no mention of ATT anywhere on the StraightTalk website (there used to be) but I do see a lot of about using TMobile phones. Have they unofficially dropped ATT usage for their plans?

If so, I'll probably still pick up the Nexus 4, and stay with ATT.
bummer- you used to be able to choose att or tmobile, up until last month. but it looks like new customers get a tmobile sim only (existing customers with att sims will continue with att).
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #382
ImaPoser
adventure imposter
 
ImaPoser's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Oddometer: 15,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
Love my original Galaxy Note. Just wish the powers that be would hurry the 'f' up and get Jelly Bean on it. Otherwise, love the size!
I've had a note 2 for 2 months now. I don't know what OS was on it originally, I only had it for ten minutes before it was rooted and running a version of jelly bean. Not a single complaint with this thing. It is awesome and has met every expectation I had of it.
__________________
ImaPoser

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #383
slackmeyer
Don't mean sheeit. .
 
slackmeyer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Oddometer: 2,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Thanks to whoever it was that tipped me off to Kitty Wireless, I like not spending muh for phone service.
It might could have been me, I've been using it for a couple years now I plug it when the subject comes up: I learned about it here, and thanks to whoever I learned about it from. Using a rooted Droid X (and my wife has an X2), good service, we never get close to the limits, and it's $60 a month for both of us. My sprint bill had been getting up to $85 a month for two of us with fewer minutes, and small data plan for only one of the phones, and texts cost extra.
__________________
Zak

ktm
old bmw
others
slackmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #384
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra
 
Uncle Pollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Albuquerque, Neue Messico
Oddometer: 47,405
Razr did an update.

Pollobabe's contact list looks like a scene of a crime now.

Anyone know how to fix that other than doing it manually?

This is her work phone and there are more than 1,000 contacts on the list.



I love my guetto virgin mobile optimus v ... none of that nonesense!
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #385
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion
 
BlueLghtning's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Newnan, GA
Oddometer: 4,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pollo View Post
Razr did an update.

Pollobabe's contact list looks like a scene of a crime now.

Anyone know how to fix that other than doing it manually?

This is her work phone and there are more than 1,000 contacts on the list.



I love my guetto virgin mobile optimus v ... none of that nonesense!
Is this an Android phone? I'm not sure I understand what happened? I've never had my Android Contacts get corrupted?

Has she ever logged into her contacts on gmail. Its very easy to manipulate the contacts there using a full keyboard and control of a mouse. The changes are then pushed to the phone. Unless I just have to do it on the phone, I do all my contact cleanup stuff on the computer under gmail contacts.
__________________
BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R,
Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L,
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #386
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra
 
Uncle Pollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Albuquerque, Neue Messico
Oddometer: 47,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Is this an Android phone? I'm not sure I understand what happened? I've never had my Android Contacts get corrupted?

Has she ever logged into her contacts on gmail. Its very easy to manipulate the contacts there using a full keyboard and control of a mouse. The changes are then pushed to the phone. Unless I just have to do it on the phone, I do all my contact cleanup stuff on the computer under gmail contacts.
She also has another mail client for work.

I will look up her gmail contacts.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #387
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo
 
Boon Booni's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, Va
Oddometer: 13,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pollo View Post
Razr did an update.

Pollobabe's contact list looks like a scene of a crime now.

Anyone know how to fix that other than doing it manually?

This is her work phone and there are more than 1,000 contacts on the list.



I love my guetto virgin mobile optimus v ... none of that nonesense!

If she has multiple contact accounts, you can usually go into the contacts settings and control which account contacts show up in your contacts app.


FWIW my phone has updated software and now been rooted and had several different ROM's flashed and my Google Contacts always come right back as soon as I connect my phone to my Google Account.
__________________
Where the fuck...
Where the fuck is the bike?
You gotta be shitting me.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #388
BerndM
Shiftless One
 
BerndM's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Near Disneyland, in SoCal.
Oddometer: 1,542
My Motorola Droid Razr did it's Jellybean 4.1.2 upgrade day before yesterday (Sunday). Took about 20 minutes. I was really nervous not knowing what to expect but it all turned out OK. Some relatively minor tweaks, but nothing earthshattering. All my contacts and apps were as before. The Gallery reorganized my pics into 3 separate into separate folders. I don't know why.
I called up and talked to the Verizon rep to verify what it was that actually upgraded and was told it was the Jellybean thing. I suggested that it sure would have been nice if the notification for the upgrade mentioned that it was Jellybean. Instead it said NOTHING about what it was.

Regards
Bernd
BerndM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #389
PoundSand
Beastly Adventurer
 
PoundSand's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: socal
Oddometer: 5,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM View Post
Some relatively minor tweaks, but nothing earthshattering.
...
Google now is sweet.
PoundSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #390
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer
 
NikonsAndVStroms's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: The Hub of the Universe
Oddometer: 37,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM View Post
My Motorola Droid Razr did it's Jellybean 4.1.2 upgrade day before yesterday (Sunday). Took about 20 minutes. I was really nervous not knowing what to expect but it all turned out OK. Some relatively minor tweaks, but nothing earthshattering. All my contacts and apps were as before. The Gallery reorganized my pics into 3 separate into separate folders. I don't know why.
I called up and talked to the Verizon rep to verify what it was that actually upgraded and was told it was the Jellybean thing. I suggested that it sure would have been nice if the notification for the upgrade mentioned that it was Jellybean. Instead it said NOTHING about what it was.

Regards
Bernd
Did you have issues going to ICS? I have a Droid 4 which has the same guts as your phone and had to do a factory reset (which was a common problem) after the update.

But thanks for the heads up in here, I just backed up all my files so I'm ready for when they OTA update it which the internet says should be soon.
__________________
Motorcycles save lives


"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014